BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
p1p

Thai Visa Meeting

The votes have been cast and Mango Tree seems to be the destination of choice. The day seems to be tied between midweek, Wednesday, and Friday.

Place will therefore be reserved at Mango Tree Cafe, Loi Kroh Road on both Wednesday 10th and Friday 12th at 18:30 hrs. I suggest attendees should try to arrive before 19:15 because the restaurant will then let space to other customers.

:D Thai visa attendees, with their significant others, guests etc., will be entitled to discounts of at least 10% on both food and drink. (At least 10%, because the final level of discount is still subject to current negotiations.) :D

Mango Tree would be happy to extend this discount to Thai Visa members on a regular basis, not only on meeting evenings. Just inform the waiting staff or manager, before you ask for the bill, that you wish to claim your "Thai Visa" discount. (You may be asked a question on the site to verify your membership.)

Mango Tree is at the Moat end of Loi Kroh Road, about 30-50 meters from the beginning of the road. It is situated on the right hand side, if you are walking from the moat, and has cane chairs & table seating outside at the front. There is a green awning which also unfortunately extends over the bar next door.

Note regarding the meeting. Many posters value their privacy and the fact they can post anonymously. When we meet I suggest we use our real names but keep our online personae private, unless there is a particular reason to tell someone.

Possible question which might be used to verify knowledge/membership of this site:

Who has posted this message? :o

Guest IT Manager

I have been called to a psychological emergency in a southern province on friday so will do my best to make it wednesday

The votes have been cast and Mango Tree seems to be the destination of choice. The day seems to be tied between midweek, Wednesday, and Friday.

Place will therefore be reserved at Mango Tree Cafe, Loi Kroh Road on both Wednesday 10th and Friday 12th at 18:30 hrs.

Ok, but note that voting for a particular day does NOT mean that any other day would be completely impossible. Like I voted for wednesday, but actually I would prefer having a good group on one day more than fragmentation. So for me I have the feeling that Friday will result in a bigger group, so I am changing my vote to Friday and will go there on Friday.

(Not saying that therefore people shouldn't meet on Wednesdays, merely that I for myself will show up on Friday, even though I voted Wednesday.. (phew..) ;-)

I think this discussion is the sole reason we're now beating even the Bangkok and Pattaya regional groups in terms of number of posts.. Let's keep it up!! ;-) :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Possible question which might be used to verify knowledge/membership of this site:

Who has posted this message?

or making your memory works a little ...

who gave you the idea to meet one day or another? :D jokin' :D

I'll be there wenesday :o

francois

I have been called to a psychological emergency in a southern province on friday so will do my best to make it wednesday
Ok, but note that voting for a particular day does NOT mean that any other day would be completely impossible. Like I voted for wednesday, but actually I would prefer having a good group on one day more than fragmentation. So for me I have the feeling that Friday will result in a bigger group, so I am changing my vote to Friday and will go there on Friday.

Is there something in this? :o:D

(Not saying that therefore people shouldn't meet on Wednesdays, merely that I for myself will show up on Friday, even though I voted Wednesday.. (phew..) ;-)

What's the problem with going on both days? I'm intending/hoping to do just that.

Personally, I like the idea of having a place where one can just drop in in the expectation than one might meet fellow members for a chat about current events, posts etc. A sort of club house, if you will. Set meetings/parties, large numbers of people, are all very well but smaller groups are far more productive.

:o

Guest IT Manager

Good idea... lets make rules..

No. stupid idea.. forget I said it.

I prefer small groups, but as I'm unavailable at the moment, I'll have to just keep in touch online for a while.

Personally, I like the idea of having a place where one can just drop in in the expectation than one might meet fellow members for a chat about current events, posts etc. A sort of club house, if you will. Set meetings/parties, large numbers of people, are all very well but smaller groups are far more productive.

I do agree 100%, when I first talked about "why not meet ?", it was exactly the idea I had in mind, a place we can call "meeting point" :D

see you tonight :o

francois

when I first talked about "why not meet ?", it was exactly the idea I had in mind, a place we can call "meeting point" :D

see you tonight :o

francois

I would prefer a place we can call an oasis. :D

I would prefer a place we can call an oasis.

right, it's more refreshing :o

francois

I would prefer a place we can call an oasis. :D

EEEEEeeeeeekk.. Trink-ism Alert!!!!! :o

Or did you mean oasis in a different sense?

Cheers,

Chanchao