BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Stanley78

Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

I pay THB 100k per year, or THB 8333 / month for it.

In the fineprint we need to add some interest to these figures, unless of course one can really pay annually or monthly.

In the fineprint we need to add some interest to these figures, unless of course one can really pay annually or monthly.

No, it has to be paid in a lump sum. I merely showed those numbers to put it into perspective.

• Like 2

What about spouse and immediate family?

I checked and as far as I can tell there are no rights for spouse nor immediate family on the THB 500k Easy Access card.

It is possible to get Family Membership cards for THB 1m + 10k per year and person if you have the Individual card (the one for THB 2m + 20k per year) but I somehow doubt that is the answer you were hoping for since that would add up to very large amounts (THB 5m + 50k/year for a couple with two kids).

Edited by Stanley78
  • Like 1

Seems they have changed it a bit. From memory it use to be 1 million baht for 5 years.

That's a lot of cash to stay in a country on the verge of political meltdown and possible civil war.

But as you said each to his own.

Sounds to me more like a general Thailand issue than a specific Elite card problem. smile.png

If that is main concern then it might be better to avoid getting any visa, cheap or expensive, and go somewhere else safer.

• Like 2

No, it has to be paid in a lump sum. I merely showed those numbers to put it into perspective.

Some might call this creative accounting.

In this case, why not taking two 500K's for 2 people, or a single 500K's and a dependant visa for the spouse?

What about spouse and immediate family?

I checked and as far as I can tell there are no rights for spouse nor immediate family on the THB 500k Easy Access card.

It is possible to get Family Membership cards for THB 1m + 10k per year and person if you have the Individual card (the one for THB 2m + 20k per year) but I somehow doubt that is the answer you were hoping for since that would add up to very large amounts (THB 5m + 50k/year for a couple with two kids).

Edited by Frank78

What is the annual loss on having THB 800k stuck in an account with low or no interest

Somewhere in between X to minus Y amount of baht of loss per year.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1