Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

Very good information. I wish I had known about this Elite card visa option a few years ago when I was aged under 50. The big thing is however, whether you go for the 5 year or 20 year card, will the rules change at anytime in the future when you've already paid for it.

You should check on their website, they provide names and adresses of somes services, like restaurants that don't seems to be that expensive (for foreign food) but with only a marginal rebate like a 15% maximum and it's usually no more than 5%.

Can someone provide a contact list online what services include , and location of them?
Means everybody can apply this card, only must put the money on the table of the house?

In 500k u can get 16 years visa as a Student? no nees to go out from thailad at all

Because thats not entirely legal... The Op has posted this as a viable alternative for those who can afford it and are under retirement age.

Others may see the need to use the cash for other reasons such as improving IT skills...

Thanks for that RS, with your last line I just put coffee all over the joint. LOL@RS.

Definitively something worth checking out but what you did not include in your quote made it all seem slightly less attractive (or maybe I'm just being paranoid?):

PRIVILEGE ENTRY VISA
To ease your travels to and from Thailand.
Perhaps the most important and attractive benefits attached to THAILAND ELITE Membership are enhanced immigration and visa privileges. Membership confers the right to stay in Thailand with a Privilege Entry Visa as well as extendable 1 year stays without the usual need to leave the country.
Members will be granted a Privilege Entry Visa when applying at any Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate General, or Thai Immigration Bureaus in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.
*This Privilege Entry Visa is subject to the Thai Immigration Bureau’s approval."

"

I think you are reading too much into it that one sentence.

Before you are allowed to pay the fee for the card to Thailand Elite, Thailand Immigration has to approve you, which as I said in a previous post took 6 days for me, 4 if not counting the weekend (according to them it would take a maximum of 3 working days).

I find it very hard to believe that after you have been approved by Thailand Immigration, and paid the fee, that suddenly you would be denied the visa.

I was thinking more along the lines that Immigration next year (or later) decide that they don't want to go along with this "scheme" anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong but the original Elite Card system was a brain child of Thaksin. If forces opposed to him should be in control if Immigration I don't see it as far fetched that they would simply not play ball anymore.

But for all I know the owners of the current Elite Card company have nothing to do with him or his family.

Good information.... ignore the doom & gloom merchants.

Yes, I agree, very good information. And I might very well apply for a card myself. But it's not like the whole issue is without risks, so each person should really ask him/herself if the 500k/2 mill is money they can afford losing.

Edited by MZurf
  • Like 1

Really interesting thread.. I dont need this visa solution but I can clearly see this fitting the needs of a few people I know that do need one.

So you pay your 500k up front.. Do you actually get a 5 year visa ?? Hence if the system goes to hell, you have a 5 year visa in your passport that you can come and go and still get the value you paid for ??

Or is it a one year visa or visa extension and the promise of 5 years support to continue to receive support and extensions for the 5 year period.

Big difference in risk factor.

I know quite a few people who wouldnt have much problem with paying 100k a year for a easy resident option. If I didnt have the option I do its one that would make a lot of sense. However paying 500k for future services makes me a lot more nervous. I have found paying now, for work to be done after payment in Thailand, a problem many times.

That risk aside, everything else about it stacks up pretty nicely.

Why on earth would Thai authorities "kill" such a service an p... off the for Thailand most attractive repeat tourists they can imagine? That is a risk very close to zero, in my opinion. Even the Thai government understands that...

If one will always get the "privilege quality service", well, that may or may not be the case, impossible to predict and maybe better don't count 100% on that one, but as far s the visa service is concerned i don't believe that any Thai government will screw their paying elite visitors on that.

The only real risk I is if some "well-off visitors" venture out and misuse the system (like, conducting business without license/proper visa status/employment pass). But that would be those particular individuals personal screw-up, not a "system failure" and would lead to only these "visitors" possibly being denied visa's on renewal, if "something is wrong"... Just paying 500k will certainly not come with the permission for anyone to act at one's own discretion in Thailand, that's for sure (and fair, I guess... !). It will sure be expected that other rules are followed (again, conducting business with license/proper visa status/employment pass, etc.).

Edited by TTom911

Why on earth would Thai authorities "kill" such a service an p... off the for Thailand most attractive repeat tourists they can imagine? That is a risk very close to zero, in my opinion. Even the Thai government understands that...

Because its a Thaksin initiated policy.. And the hatred of him and desire to break down every policy he implemented is likely to be very strong if a non Shin aligned party holds power.

In case its escaped your attention, thats possible.\

The last time non Shin governments held power, what happened.. The visa services stopped. And that was on people who paid a million or more.

Edited by LivinLOS

Because its a Thaksin initiated policy.. And the hatred of him and desire to break down every policy he implemented is likely to be very strong if a non Shin aligned party holds power.

In case its escaped your attention, thats possible.\

The last time non Shin governments held power, what happened.. The visa services stopped. And that was on people who paid a million or more.

The coup government was not able to do it. And then the one from 2008 to 2011 tried but gave up on it.

The coup government was not able to do it. And then the one from 2008 to 2011 tried but gave up on it.

Exactly.. but twice on non shin aligned governments they have called the whole program into doubt.

And today isnt the kind of day I would be making bets on who is running the country next year, or 4 years and 11 months out.

Hence why I ask, does it come with a 5 year visa, or the promise of 5 years help to obtain 1 year visas. A key difference in risk.

Edited by LivinLOS

"Because its a Thaksin initiated policy.. And the hatred of him and desire to break down every policy he implemented is likely to be very strong if a non Shin aligned party holds power."

hot air, rubbish talk by people who don't have to (and never will) take responsibility at the end... pure polemic...

in these tourism/economic matters every government, whichever colour, will take a very pragmatic approach at the end and will not change rules just out of "hatred" if it brings the country money and no unreasonable problems. And I believe it brings in money with little problem and easy control. Thailand has millions of other things to worry about, they will not play stupid on that (and if they really play stupid then things probably got to a stage that you happily leave the 500k behind and go somewhere nicer...)

• Like 2

"Because its a Thaksin initiated policy.. And the hatred of him and desire to break down every policy he implemented is likely to be very strong if a non Shin aligned party holds power."

hot air, rubbish talk by people who don't have to (and never will) take responsibility at the end... pure polemic...

in these tourism/economic matters every government, whichever colour, will take a very pragmatic approach at the end and will not change rules just out of "hatred" if it brings the country money and no unreasonable problems. And I believe it brings in money with little problem and easy control. Thailand has millions of other things to worry about, they will not play stupid on that (and if they really play stupid then things probably got to a stage that you happily leave the 500k behind and go somewhere nicer...)

And yet this exact scenario has happened both times non Shin governments were in place..

And the elite card scheme is terribly underfunded and deeply in debt.

Which again is why.. Does it come with a 5 year visa, when you pay, or not ??

I think they've refund the Thai elite cardholders for the unused years when they stopped the card. Am I right?

It has never been cancelled so there was never a need to refund the money. The refund and and contractual obligations is the reason it was never cancelled.

While it was never cancelled, they did stop some or all of the services offered tho no ??

I thought visas were not forthcoming in that period. As this cheaper one is all about the visas, thats kind of key.

And yet this exact scenario has happened both times non Shin governments were in place..

No, asked and answered many times.

http://www.thailandelite.com/newcreate/

(Quote)

What is the value of the time spent doing visa runs? For some surely worth it, for others that time has much more value than the money saved.

What is the annual loss on having THB 800k stuck in an account with low or no interest in order to get a retirement visa rather than having it invested somewhere where it gets a good ROI?

The list goes on and on.(/Quote)

Personally I am thankful for the info you have given. Just don't get too far in down-playing normal visas and the costs involved, as you seem not too well informed in that area.

Visa runs are done by tourists and so-called tourists. Anyone working, being married to a Thai, or retired, does not make visa or border runs, they just report every 90 days their address, and once a year apply for an extension of stay. As for 800K in the bank. Some do that, some do half because of being married, and some, like me, don't do at all. I'm on extension (retirement) based on income per month, being 65K minimum. So no money is "stuck" in any bank account, I just provide an embassy letter and pay the annual amount of 1900 baht. That's all, so not all that are on visas or extensions do visa runs or have money stuck in a bank....

Excellent info re Elite card, it might be the way some criminals manage to enter the country and stay long time without ever been discovered by a border office or immigration office biggrin.png

I'm quite aware of the various visa options, including the various over 50s visa options. But since that option isn't available for under 50s the comparison for such people to Thailand Elite isn't possible.

If I was over 50 I might get the retirement visa instead of Thailand Elite. Probably not though.

• Like 1

So what do you get ?? I have read the threads but I dont see a clear definitive answer.

A one year non imm O ?? And they extend it annually ??

Its a 5 Year Visa.

Its actually called an S.E. Visa (which I assume means Special Entry, but could be wrong).

For the original members (1 Million Baht) it is a 5 year visa, renewed every 5 years for the remainder of the members life.

90 day reports must be carried out (Thai Elite provide that service)

Airport Transfers (Camry) and expedition through Immigration (on International flights)

Massage (Thai Massage only - at approximately 50 spa's)

Golf (no green fees at approximately 20 courses in Thailand).

Medical: Free Yearly Full Medical at Bumrungrad

The program was never cancelled. Reductions in service are:

Airport Transfers: 7 Series BMW reduced to Camry

Massage: Any massage has been reduced to Thai massage only.

Golf: The number of courses in the program has approximately halved.

For the 5 year 500k membership I am lead to believe (after reading this thread) that:

The 5 year visa is the same.

Airport Transfers are the same.

A little further information:

While some investigations have taken place the card has not been closed down, services remain.

Thanks.. Thats a clear answer..

All things considered I can see this fitting the profile of a pair of friends who work outside of Thailand but live here.

500k for 5 years isnt so harsh, and they will be retired age after that,

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what do you get ?? I have read the threads but I dont see a clear definitive answer.

A one year non imm O ?? And they extend it annually ??

Its a 5 Year Visa.

Its actually called an S.E. Visa (which I assume means Special Entry, but could be wrong).

For the original members (1 Million Baht) it is a 5 year visa, renewed every 5 years for the remainder of the members life.

90 day reports must be carried out (Thai Elite provide that service)

Airport Transfers (Camry) and expedition through Immigration (on International flights)

Massage (Thai Massage only - at approximately 50 spa's)

Golf (no green fees at approximately 20 courses in Thailand).

Medical: Free Yearly Full Medical at Bumrungrad

The program was never cancelled. Reductions in service are:

Airport Transfers: 7 Series BMW reduced to Camry

Massage: Any massage has been reduced to Thai massage only.

Golf: The number of courses in the program has approximately halved.

For the 5 year 500k membership I am lead to believe (after reading this thread) that:

The 5 year visa is the same.

Airport Transfers are the same.

A little further information:

While some investigations have taken place the card has not been closed down, services remain.

From my memory (and its been a while since I entered the country on one) you get a 90 day entry stamp; this can then be extended in country (for another 90 days and so on) and as mentioned above the elite staff can organize this for you.

From what I've read you can apply for the 5 year visa immediately after receiving the card.

This then allows you to get extensions of stay every year.

From the Thailand Elite website :

Thailand Elite Members will be granted a “Privilege Entry Visa” when applying at any

Royal Thai Embassy, Royal Thai Consulate-General, or at the Thai Immigration Bureau at

Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai and Phuket International Airport.

This “Privilege Entry Visa” is a multiple entry visa which is valid for five years - and is renewable as long as the Membership is valid. The Members are also granted an exclusive extension for each stay from regular 90 days to 1 year without the usual need to cross the border. In other words, the usual visa run that needs to be done every 90 days is extended to 1 year - exclusively for this Thailand Elite’s Privilege Entry Visa.

I have a feeling that even if this program hasn't been profitable over the past few years it's about to get very busy and maybe become profitable in the future.

For all we know this could be a motivator behind the recently announced 'clampdowns'.

I can understand peoples concerns with the 20 year version of this, who knows what immigration policy will be in 5 or 10 years time.

But with this one you get the 5 year visa straight away and once you have it you have it for the duration of your membership.

I wonder if they will 'crack down' on people using this visa to reside in Thailand full time ? This is the question that needs answering.

Edited by ukrules

I wonder if they will 'crack down' on people using this visa to reside in Thailand full time ? This is the question that needs answering.

I'm not saying they won't but that would defeat most if its purpose. This is exactly what it says in the welcome letter I received after I was approved for the card:

"Visa - A renewable 5 years multiple entry visa with one-year-stamp at each arrival - Stay as long as you like with 1-year-extendable - length of stay"

Stay as long as you like. Sounds pretty welcoming.

Edited by Stanley78

I'm not saying they won't but that would defeat most if its purpose. This is exactly what it says in the welcome letter I received after I was approved for the card:

"Visa - A renewable 5 years multiple entry visa with one-year-stamp at each arrival - Stay as long as you like with 1-year-extendable - length of stay"

Stay as long as you like. Sounds pretty welcoming.

It does sound pretty welcoming, I can see myself investing in one of these later this year once the dust settles on these recent changes.