Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

This whole program has been full of promises not kept. Like you were going to be able to buy land, that never happened since the company that ran it did not have the power to circumvent the law. This latest reiteration is just another attempt to flog a dead horse. If you think it is for you go ahead and buy into it. But please don't come back here and whine when they change it once again. As Dirty Harry said " You feeling lucky punk"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From what I've read you can apply for the 5 year visa immediately after receiving the card.

This then allows you to get extensions of stay every year.

As said extensions are useless to him.. Far to brief in each visit to ever need one.

I have a feeling that even if this program hasn't been profitable over the past few years it's about to get very busy and maybe become profitable in the future.

For all we know this could be a motivator behind the recently announced 'clampdowns'.

I can understand peoples concerns with the 20 year version of this, who knows what immigration policy will be in 5 or 10 years time.

But with this one you get the 5 year visa straight away and once you have it you have it for the duration of your membership.

Agreed if they actually give you the 5 year visa when you pay your 500k, its almost no risk.. Sure you might lose a few airport transfers but the key element is there.

Thanks to all those who replied with clear answers on this.. I think this is a pretty decent solution.

This whole program has been full of promises not kept. Like you were going to be able to buy land, that never happened since the company that ran it did not have the power to circumvent the law. This latest reiteration is just another attempt to flog a dead horse. If you think it is for you go ahead and buy into it. But please don't come back here and whine when they change it once again. As Dirty Harry said " You feeling lucky punk"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is definitely fair to have a critical view of the Thailand Elite card and I don't want my OP about it to be taken as me thinking it has been run perfectly from the start, far from it.

But to the best of my knowledge the possibility to buy land was only mentioned in pre-launch information and was never a part of the original offered cards which ended up being for sale.

That being said it is true that the original TE cards which they did sell had a number of perks which were later removed, if I remember correctly you even got one free Thai Airways business of first class ticket for a companion for each one bought, which in itself is of course worth a lot.

And of course the original cards I believe were priced at 1m and were for life. Whereas the new cards are for a maximum of 20 years and then with an annual fee.

Unfortunately the financial reality is that the original card should never have been made available in that form since it makes no economic sense at all. Even if they had sold a million of them (I believe they only sold around 2500) that money would eventually have run out as well.

The only way it would have been at all realistic for those cards to have an overall positive value to Thailand's economy would be if the people who bought it contributed enough in other ways to the Thai economy in ways they would not otherwise have done. And I find that hard to believe.

That being said I hope that the buyers of the original cards were financially reimbursed for their loss in value.

Edited by Stanley78
  • Like 1

From my memory (and its been a while since I entered the country on one) you get a 90 day entry stamp; this can then be extended in country (for another 90 days and so on) and as mentioned above the elite staff can organize this for you.

Thanks.. Specifically for the guys I am thinking of, they are rarely here 9 days let alone 90.

The coup government was not able to do it. And then the one from 2008 to 2011 tried but gave up on it.

Exactly.. but twice on non shin aligned governments they have called the whole program into doubt.

And today isnt the kind of day I would be making bets on who is running the country next year, or 4 years and 11 months out.

Hence why I ask, does it come with a 5 year visa, or the promise of 5 years help to obtain 1 year visas. A key difference in risk.

When thinking like you we can't really do anything here in Thailand. People invest a lot more money into business, companies, stocks, bank accounts, houses, condos, cars and so on. Why do that? When the rules and laws can change in future.

Maybe it's better for you to play it really safe and stay in your home country?

So you pay your 500k up front.. Do you actually get a 5 year visa ?? Hence if the system goes to hell, you have a 5 year visa in your passport that you can come and go and still get the value you paid for ??

Or is it a one year visa or visa extension and the promise of 5 years support to continue to receive support and extensions for the 5 year period.

This is what Thailand Elite sent to me. For each service you order from them you get a detailed document outlining everything. I have removed all my personal details etc. and am just posting the small part which is related to your question:

Vendor Name : Immigration Office (Suvarnabhumi International Airport)

Service Required : 5 Year Visa Stamp : Basic

Service Description : - Renewable 90-day extendable stays without the usual need to leave the country. - Stay extension obtainable at any immigration office or at any immigration check point throughout Thailand except Bangkok International Airport immigration check point.

List of required document
1. Elite member's passport (the one registered with Thailand Elite) with the validity not less than 6 months
2. A copy of the main page of Elite member's passport
3. Elite card
4. A copy of Elite card (both sizes)
Remark
- All copies of the above document must be signed for certification by Elite member.
- Thailand Elite offers Elite visa to only one passport (the one registered with Thailand Elite during application) per member. Should you wish to have the Elite visa stamp into another passport, please contact Member Call Centre for Updating you personal data in our system prior to your visa stamp this time.
  • Like 2

The coup government was not able to do it. And then the one from 2008 to 2011 tried but gave up on it.

Exactly.. but twice on non shin aligned governments they have called the whole program into doubt.

And today isnt the kind of day I would be making bets on who is running the country next year, or 4 years and 11 months out.

Hence why I ask, does it come with a 5 year visa, or the promise of 5 years help to obtain 1 year visas. A key difference in risk.

When thinking like you we can't really do anything here in Thailand. People invest a lot more money into business, companies, stocks, bank accounts, houses, condos, cars and so on. Why do that? When the rules and laws can change in future.

When people invest in a business and the economy goes down they will lose some of their prospected profits, but they don't lose their investments.

If the Elite scam closes down once again next few months your investment is gone.

When people invest in a business and the economy goes down they will lose some of their prospected profits, but they don't lose their investments.

If the Elite scam closes down once again next few months your investment is gone.

It has never been closed down since it started.

Some of the benefits diminished a bit but the visa side never ended.

• Like 2

So you pay your 500k up front.. Do you actually get a 5 year visa ?? Hence if the system goes to hell, you have a 5 year visa in your passport that you can come and go and still get the value you paid for ??

Or is it a one year visa or visa extension and the promise of 5 years support to continue to receive support and extensions for the 5 year period.

This is what Thailand Elite sent to me. For each service you order from them you get a detailed document outlining everything. I have removed all my personal details etc. and am just posting the small part which is related to your question:

Service Description : - Renewable 90-day extendable stays without the usual need to leave the country. - Stay extension obtainable at any immigration office or at any immigration check point throughout Thailand except Bangkok International Airport immigration check point.

1. Elite member's passport (the one registered with Thailand Elite) with the validity not less than 6 months

3. Elite card

Remark

- All copies of the above document must be signed for certification by Elite member.

- Thailand Elite offers Elite visa to only one passport (the one registered with Thailand Elite during application) per member. Should you wish to have the Elite visa stamp into another passport, please contact Member Call Centre for Updating you personal data in our system prior to your visa stamp this time.

Stanley,

Firstly, THANKYOU very much for posting what you have.

I feel a lot has been cleared up here, but I'm still a little uncertain how it exactly works.

I take it after approval and subsequent payment you arrive to Thailand where the visa is placed in your passport - 5 year validity.

Is it the allowable length of stay per visit, 1 year? (with 90 day reporting organised by Thai elite)

or is it 90 day extensions up to 1 year?

I'm just trying to get the mechanics of it in my head, to explain to another.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what do you get ?? I have read the threads but I dont see a clear definitive answer.

A one year non imm O ?? And they extend it annually ??

Its a 5 Year Visa.

Its actually called an S.E. Visa (which I assume means Special Entry, but could be wrong).

For the original members (1 Million Baht) it is a 5 year visa, renewed every 5 years for the remainder of the members life.

90 day reports must be carried out (Thai Elite provide that service)

Airport Transfers (Camry) and expedition through Immigration (on International flights)

Massage (Thai Massage only - at approximately 50 spa's)

Golf (no green fees at approximately 20 courses in Thailand).

Medical: Free Yearly Full Medical at Bumrungrad

The program was never cancelled. Reductions in service are:

Airport Transfers: 7 Series BMW reduced to Camry

Massage: Any massage has been reduced to Thai massage only.

Golf: The number of courses in the program has approximately halved.

For the 5 year 500k membership I am lead to believe (after reading this thread) that:

The 5 year visa is the same.

Airport Transfers are the same.

A little further information:

While some investigations have taken place the card has not been closed down, services remain.

From my memory (and its been a while since I entered the country on one) you get a 90 day entry stamp; this can then be extended in country (for another 90 days and so on) and as mentioned above the elite staff can organize this for you.

Thanks for the info wordchild.

You are saying it's 90 day extensions, as opposed to 90 day reporting and yearly extension. Is this right?

Maybe we're talking about a different elite card then, but there are reports on this forum that during a certain period under the democrats elite card owners were not able to renew their visa.

• Like 1

3. Elite card

Remark

Stanley,

I feel a lot has been cleared up here, but I'm still a little uncertain how it exactly works.

I take it after approval and subsequent payment you arrive to Thailand where the visa is placed in your passport - 5 year validity.

Is it the allowable length of stay per visit, 1 year? (with 90 day reporting organised by Thai elite)

Its my understanding that you wouldn't need to leave the country for 5 years.

You would be subject to the 90 day report.

Maybe we're talking about a different elite card then, but there are reports on this forum that during a certain period under the democrats elite card owners were not able to renew their visa.

I remember something similar. If I recall correctly the Democrats investigated the card and froze the funds - thus some of the services were stopped for a period of time (a couple of months I think).

The result of the investigation was that the government could not stop the program without fair and sufficient compensation to be paid out to the members.

Consequently a series of attempts were made for private companies to take over the Thai Elite Scheme (which never happened). The Thai Elite Scheme therefor has to be grandfathered in with any new government.

The media loves to embellish any negative news of the Thai Elite card, the Bangkok Post specifically... The reality is the card cannot be shut down or closed without compensation being paid to members. Of course, we don't know what that compensation would be.

No actually I believe that you are correct.

As far as I know for a short period of time it was not possible to renew the Thailand Elite visa.

3. Elite card

Remark

Stanley,

Its my understanding that you wouldn't need to leave the country for 5 years.

You would be subject to the 90 day report.

Thanks Richard,

You are always a wealth of information. I am enquiring on behalf of a friend who is visually impaired and under 50. I believe one of these would see her to age 51. May work well for here as her yearly runs and 90 jaunts are expensive and sometimes difficult to organise.

I will be interested to hear how Stanley goes with all of this.

This Thailand Elite easy access (5yr) version must have only recently started. I was only aware of the old one.

Someone should seriously consider rewriting their promo stuff ;)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So what do you get ?? I have read the threads but I dont see a clear definitive answer.

Its a 5 Year Visa.

Its actually called an S.E. Visa (which I assume means Special Entry, but could be wrong).

For the original members (1 Million Baht) it is a 5 year visa, renewed every 5 years for the remainder of the members life.

Airport Transfers (Camry) and expedition through Immigration (on International flights)

For the 5 year 500k membership I am lead to believe (after reading this thread) that:

While some investigations have taken place the card has not been closed down, services remain.

You are saying it's 90 day extensions, as opposed to 90 day reporting and yearly extension. Is this right?

It is indeed 90 day extensions you need to apply for and it is not free.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643383-thailand-elite-card-to-be-relaunched-in-june/?p=6462269

To get a few things straight: With the Elite Card there is no 3 months reporting, but you have to apply for an extension every 3 months, with a full set of paperworks and a fee of 1900 baht each time. A major pain in the butt to be honest.

If your question is whether you have to leave each 12 months or not then I'm afraid I never bothered finding that out since I know that I will end up traveling quite often.

From what it seemed to me you can stay for 5 years without leaving Thailand. But I certainly wouldn't want you to take my word for it.

I think the absolute best thing to do would be for you or the person you are trying to explain it to, to simply send off a quick e-mail to Thailand Elite and get the correct answer straight from them.

1) When I arrive in Bangkok at the end of June, I will ask the Thailand Elite representative who is meeting me at the airport if I am required to leave and come back every 12 months or if I can stay for 5 years straight, and what the procedure is and post that here.

2) I will also make a post after I've made the first 90 day extension which apparently is supposed to be taken care of by Thailand Elite as well, and let you know exactly how that is handled.

Edited by Stanley78

I remember something similar. If I recall correctly the Democrats investigated the card and froze the funds - thus some of the services were stopped for a period of time (a couple of months I think).

The result of the investigation was that the government could not stop the program without fair and sufficient compensation to be paid out to the members.

Consequently a series of attempts were made for private companies to take over the Thai Elite Scheme (which never happened). The Thai Elite Scheme therefor has to be grandfathered in with any new government.

The media loves to embellish any negative news of the Thai Elite card, the Bangkok Post specifically... The reality is the card cannot be shut down or closed without compensation being paid to members. Of course, we don't know what that compensation would be.

There was a letter, sent to TE members in 2009 that indicated a suspension of visa services. I read a copy of the letter which was posted on another thread back on TVF back then (2009).

I'm not aware of the workings of any of it, but it was obviously only temporary.

If your question is whether you have to leave each 12 months or not then I'm afraid I never bothered finding that out since I know that I will end up traveling quite often.

From what it seemed to me you can stay for 5 years without leaving Thailand. But I certainly wouldn't want you to take my word for it.

I think the absolute best thing to do would be for you or the person you are trying to explain it to, to simply send off a quick e-mail to Thailand Elite and get the correct answer straight from them.

No worries. THANKYOU very much, I will explain what I know and make further enquiries for her, if needed.

Nothing like going straight to the horses mouth, I just thought you may have known.

Kudos to you and the others.

It has been reported in the past that TE had various financial issues, however with this new option they may attract a few hundred, perhaps thousand new customers merely chasing visas. Might improve their position somewhat ;)

Its a 5 Year Visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643383-thailand-elite-card-to-be-relaunched-in-june/?p=6462269

To get a few things straight: With the Elite Card there is no 3 months reporting, but you have to apply for an extension every 3 months, with a full set of paperworks and a fee of 1900 baht each time. A major pain in the butt to be honest.

Yes, I read about the 1900 every 3 months and it sounded like an extension. TE claim they carry this procedure out on the members behalf. How would that be a pain in the butt?

Yes, I read about the 1900 every 3 months and it sounded like an extension. TE claim they carry this procedure out on the members behalf. How would that be a pain in the butt?

The way I understand is that the TE staff walks you through the procedure, but you have to be present each time.

Edited by JesseFrank

No worries. THANKYOU very much, I will explain what I know and make further enquiries for her, if needed.

I changed my mind. I have sent an e-mail to Thailand Elite myself and asked about whether you have to leave every 12 months or not on the 5 year visa.

And I also asked exactly what the process is for the 90 day reports, ie if you have to be present in person or not etc.

Should have a reply on Monday hopefully to post here.

Edited by Stanley78
  • Like 2

The way I understand is that the TE staff walks you through the procedure, but you have to be present each time.

THANKYOU, makes sense, they need her passport & 1900 baht.

I changed my mind. I will send an e-mail to them myself and ask about whether you have to leave every 12 months or not.

And I will also ask exactly what the process is for the 90 day renewals, ie if you have to be present in person or not etc.

Should have a reply on Monday hopefully to post here.

Okay, thanks Stan,

I'd put you on the pay role......but eeeerrrrr, I'm not sure we need more paperwork, with the WP and all that ;)

Look forward to your updates.

Some of the other TE threads on TVF also make for interesting reading.

Okay, thanks Stan,

I'd put you on the pay role......but eeeerrrrr, I'm not sure we need more paperwork, with the WP and all that wink.png

Look forward to your updates.

Some of the other TE threads on TVF also make for interesting reading.

No worries. I've received a lot of useful advice from TV and I'm glad to be able to help out for once.

i must say that i myself have never ever stayed in Thailand for more than 90 days straight either with the elite visa or my current visa; but my understanding is that you still need to do the extension every 90 days with the elite visa and yes i believe you need to be present yourself.

How many people have lost their money because the Elite cards closed down? And how many are they compared to those that have lost money on their GF, house, business, land and other stuff ;)

• Like 1

i must say that i myself have never ever stayed in Thailand for more than 90 days straight either with the elite visa or my current visa; but my understanding is that you still need to do the extension every 90 days with the elite visa and yes i believe you need to be present yourself.

A minor inconvenience, especially if you're not in Bangkok. Here in Hua Hin you can be in and out of immigration in 10-15 minutes for a visa extension.

The 1900 Baht fee, pocket change compared to the hassle of having to leave the country, especially if you're somewhere far from a border / Airport like me.

• Like 2

How many people have lost their money because the Elite cards closed down? And how many are they compared to those that have lost money on their GF, house, business, land and other stuff ;)

Elite never closed down.

it's my understanding that their visa service was temporarily suspended, whatever that means.

Edited by neverdie