3th issuing of Tourist Visa

hi.

I have 2 double tourist visas in my passport issued in Vientian. 1st from dec 2012, 2nd jan 2014, but was closed in 2 months as I flew back home (march 2014). can I get 3th double tourist visa? is Vientian still the best option to do it? and will my chances increase if I attach to application my bank statement? need some advices.

thanks!

Edited by trineax

I just came back from Savanaket yesterday and recieved a double entry tourist visa, no banking questions asked. In my passsport I also had previously recieved two double entry tourist visas from Vientienne as well as an Ed Visa which was issued in Phnom Pehn along with several back to back 30 day visa exempt entries all spanning over the last two years. I think you should be fine if you decide to go to Savanaket.

I can't say this is positively true, but I had heard that if you go to Vientienne too many times they are reluctant to give you another visa. I have also heard that Savanaket rarely turns people down, which is why i decided to go there (and also it was a nice change of pace and somewhere new to check out). Perhaps Ubonjoe can shed some more light on this.

• Like 2

Not sure what you mean by loyal.

Savannakhet and Vientiane are both about the same for getting visas. Savannakhet is often asks for financial proof to get more visas.

I don't think you will have a problem at either location because your first was some time ago and you have made a trip home since the last one.

A third visa should be no problem.

I am on my fourth consecutive double entry tourist visa which expires next week.

The first three were issued no problem. On the fourth the guy checking the applicatiion hesitated and asked for proof of funds to cover the next six months.

I had taken my bank book with me and got a fourth double entry but also got a red stamp saying the next one may be refused and any money paid will not be refunded.

I am too young for a retirement visa so have shelled out on a Thai course and have the paperwork for an ED visa which I am going to Laos to (try to) get on Monday.