Danish woman robbed in Chiang Mai by European-looking man

webfact

Scream..............I am 100% sure that Thai or foreign people will come to the rescue!

Hope the quality EU looking 'tourist" (on arrival??) will be taken into custody soon.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter what nationality they were, I take it nobody read the article. Camera's show them arriving together and leaving together. Scam maybe?

Quote: "Withoon said Rosgaard and the man had been seen arriving at the shopping mall in Pa Daed area together and later left together on the same motorcycle."

Edited by Mrjlh
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter what nationality they were, I take it nobody read the article. Camera's show them arriving together and leaving together. Scam maybe?

Quote: "Withoon said Rosgaard and the man had been seen arriving at the shopping mall in Pa Daed area together and later left together on the same motorcycle."

And people STILL think she is an innocent party in a 'heist'--well, it's good to know people are so trusting, I guess.

She did not call out for help and she followed him around without visible cohersion. This means he probably will not be charged with the robbery. BUT he did threaten her and knew where she was staying, so she decided to check out of her hotel and leave the city. I asked her why she did not run away or call for help. She said she was too frightened. I think a guy preying on helpless young girls needs to be sent a message.

She did not call out for help and she followed him around without visible cohersion. This means he probably will not be charged with the robbery. BUT he did threaten her and knew where she was staying, so she decided to check out of her hotel and leave the city. I asked her why she did not run away or call for help. She said she was too frightened. I think a guy preying on helpless young girls needs to be sent a message.

Since you are involved in this case--can you confirm/deny that CCTV images are 'said' to show both people arriving and leaving on a motorcycle--is this true or BS???

Dog bite man, not news, farang rob farang, big news....

I agree, whew get over it.... LOS get it together, it has been the same for years, in my book.... Save face, never disgrace..... So exactly, what is the problem? It really makes me wonder.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Kerry coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Since you are involved in this case--can you confirm/deny that CCTV images are 'said' to show both people arriving and leaving on a motorcycle--is this true or BS???

The CCTV is from the bank only. The lady declared she arrived with the man on his motorbike after he had convinced her to give him 200 Baht in front of her hotel. She did not say she left with him.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The CCTV is from the bank only. The lady declared she arrived with the man on his motorbike after he had convinced her to give him 200 Baht in front of her hotel. She did not say she left with him.

Thank you--for that--it makes more sense now why people like you are able to believe her story--it helps to get the facts; I was lead to believe that they arrived and left together making it seem very much like an Insurance scam.

Thank you--for that--it makes more sense now why people like you are able to believe her story--it helps to get the facts; I was lead to believe that they arrived and left together making it seem very much like an Insurance scam.

She was far too trusting. My Thai wife, also working this case, was not convinced by her story, so it is only normal that opinions on this forum are divided.

I am sure the assailant was a swarthy Frenchman from the revised description the Danish cupcake gave police. She said he had a pastry complextion and he appeared to be concealing a large baguette in his nether regions. French guys give me the crepes anyway.

What does a 'European-looking' man look like??? Russian? Brit? American? Scandinavian? Actually, how do all these people look like really? Sheesh...

Europeans look European, Asians look Asian, Africans look African, Middle-Easters look Middle-East and so on ... etc ...

The Denmark girl did refer to the chap as a European-looking and therefore lives in Europe, but it does not necessarily mean that he lives in Europe, as a European-looking fellow he could have come from another European-race countries like ... Australia, New Zealand, Canada, America, Western Russia, Israel, etc ...

What does a 'European-looking' man look like??? Russian? Brit? American? Scandinavian? Actually, how do all these people look like really? Sheesh...

Europeans look European, Asians look Asian, Africans look African, Middle-Easters look Middle-East and so on ... etc ...

The Denmark girl did refer to the chap as a European-looking and therefore lives in Europe, but it does not necessarily mean that he lives in Europe, as a European-looking fellow he could have come from another European-race countries like ... Australia, New Zealand, Canada, America, Western Russia, Israel, etc ...

This is not accurate in the article. She referred to him as mediteranean with dark skin, aged around 35 years old. We believe he may be living in Thailand.

Edited by TonyChiangMai

European looking man, mmm, that narrows it down a bit !!

coffee1.gif

You must be very astute. Since there are 60M-plus Thais in Thailand, yes, it does narrow it down quite a lot.

narrows it down to about 250,000 european looking guys in Thailand at the moment….good luck with that….and seeing as she probably won't offer a reward, i am sure the BIB are back at their local coffee shop waiting for the next robbery

My email notification: "Danish woman robbed by Farang man in Chiang Mai"

Why not "Farang woman robbed by European-looking man" ... or "Farang woman robbed by Farang man"?

There are millions of "European-looking" men in Australia, the United States of America and England.

Question: Who is writing these headlines?!

Answer: Someone who needs education.

Technicall, you are a grumpy sort. Of the worst ones needs to be said.

Annoying parasite.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

My email notification: "Danish woman robbed by Farang man in Chiang Mai"

Why not "Farang woman robbed by European-looking man" ... or "Farang woman robbed by Farang man"?

There are millions of "European-looking" men in Australia, the United States of America and England.

Question: Who is writing these headlines?!

Answer: Someone who needs education.

What are you on about? The first impression I got from both the headline and e-mail notification was that a white woman got robbed by a white guy. Which is what happened. Made perfect sense to me. Being a little anal-retentive, are we?

I guess you really must be English. England, where the anus as a point of reference, for so much, by so many.

cheesy.gif