2 teachers needed urgently - Kampang Phet

Urgently required are 2 native English speakers for a government school 25km outside of Kampang Phet Town Centre. Central / North Thailand.

The school will want you to start immediately as the term began on Monday (agency has let them down).

You will be required to teach no more than 25, 50 minute classes per week.

You'll have 40 students in each class.

School times are 07.45 - 16.00.

The school will pay for your visa and work permit, just the fees no travel expenses.

The salary is 35K per month. You'll need a BA in any field to be entitled to a provisional teacher's license from the TCT.

Kampang Phet is a quiet provincial town. It has Makro and Big C etc.

Accommodation is cheap in the school district starting from 3,000 baht for a decent apartment with wifi, tv, bed and hot shower.

Please message me if you're interested. I will then send you my email address so you can send me your CV, recent picture, a copy of your degree and a contact number.

I'm not making any money out of this. It's a favor to a school who really need teachers asap. You'll work directly for the school no agencies and no being messed around. The school staff and students are some of the most friendly I have come across, no BS to get you here I promise.

I am plain spoken and wont beat around the bush. What have you got to lose?

Thank you,

Darren

• Like 1

25 classes a week is a lot. Maybe that has something to do with the vacancies.

I remember that being a nice area.

Good luck.

Terry

I've just changed schools, making 33 K, but only have 20 contact hours a' 50 minutes. And I'm the only foreigner there setting up an EP.

Five hours a day is quite a lot. Just quantity, not quality, if working in non- air conditioned classrooms.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

I wrote no more than as that is the highest it could go. In all likelihood it will be around 20 periods.

No gate duties, no extra BS. Maybe an English camp but no other dramas.

I think (I will have to check) its a full contract and that includes holiday pay. If you stay for a second year there is talk of a pay rise, yours for the taking folks biggrin.png

Most contracts even at International schools in China state no more than 25 classes per week. It is to cover the school I'd imagine.

Thanks

BUMP BUMP

I think if the near 200 people who have looked at this topic and thought that its too much work then I would like to assure them its not that bad.

I think the school is in a pickle and they will bend over backwards to get you here. I also believe they will let you dictate some of your clauses to get you here.

Its worth a punt folks.

(I really wish I was getting some wonga for this but I'm not. I just didn't like the sad look on the English department heads face).

wai2.gifwai.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngwai2.gifwai.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

I have put an add in on aj*** but they need will only put free ads up in 3 working days, so Monday it should be up.

Its Mattayom 1,2 and 3 levels.

Thanks

wai.gif

25 classes a week is a lot. Maybe that has something to do with the vacancies.

I remember that being a nice area.

Good luck.

Terry

I've just changed schools, making 33 K, but only have 20 contact hours a' 50 minutes. And I'm the only foreigner there setting up an EP.

Five hours a day is quite a lot. Just quantity, not quality, if working in non- air conditioned classrooms.-wai2.gif

I always thouyght teachers did it for the love of kiddies

• Like 1

25 classes a week is a lot. Maybe that has something to do with the vacancies....

I agree. In my first year of teaching in Thailand, I taught that class load (25 hours/wk. with 40-50 kids/class), and at that level (Mattayom 1-3). It was brutal. It wasn't teaching. It was just "maintenance."

A year later, I moved to a university which doubled my salary, gave me 20 students per class, and limited me to 15 hrs./wk. Thought I had died and gone to heaven. Back to teaching!

Kudos to those who can handle the harder situation and do it well!

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

What's going on? That's one sweet deal IMHO. (I've come across this theoretical 25 hours a week" stuff before. Doubt they will have such a workload...

Am making less than 30 k (non-NES) and have a lesson plan to prepare for each and every class. (It's some special program and I'm seeing each class 3-4 times and have to teach M1-6). My colleagues just have 2 lesson plans plus English Club per week rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

This is not a sweet deal at all. 25 hours or the possibility of it for 35k. No. If 18-20 max, it's okay.

20 would be the max I'd imagine it's just the school covering itself in case of problems.

I've decided to say I can't find anyone to work as all I get are the usual responses and opinions. As we all know opinions are like aholes, we all have one :-D

Thanks folks :-)

The school should be advertising the actual amount of teaching hours required. Same as any other school. Not trying to cover their aholes by adding 5 hours into the contract or ad.

If it is really 20 hours, sounds like a pretty good deal. You might want to get clarification from the school you're posting for.

Edited by happysanook