Bombs Rock The South Again

Jai Dee

I want to come to Thailand to Help fight the insurgents. I helped fight against the NPA insurgents in the Philippines, I can do it in Thailand. But I want to be granted immediate unlimited Stay in Thailand, and or Extended Visa or Immigration as a Thai Citizen. Anyone with the Authority to make it happen, can contact me at xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you.

SUA*

***email address removed***

Thaivisa is not into mercenary job placement yet.

Edited by penzman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't muslims live in peace with anybody, even their own kind? There's barely a country in the world that doesn't have a major or minor problem with muslim violence.

The name of their religion means PEACE.

Why can't they live that way??

Because their dream is to make the whole world muslim, ruled from Mekka.

................... I can do it in Thailand. But I want to be granted immediate unlimited Stay in Thailand, and or Extended Visa or Immigration as a Thai Citizen. Anyone with the Authority to make it happen, .....................

Now here's some <deleted> that reckons that Thailand owes him a living as a major problem solver :o

From a previous post

I feel like Thailand should grant me a Long Term Visa just for my willingness to make a positive contribution to the place. I could have helped out in the Tsunami efforts too. How many things have to happen before they do something to get a Quality Guy like me in Country?

31 bombs hit troubled south, one dead

ONE person died and 22 others were wounded in a wave of at least 31 bomb attacks by Islamic militants on police and government offices in Thailand's insurgency-hit south.

The string of blasts within about 30 minutes of each other rocked the mainly Muslim provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat near the Malaysian border, with five military and one police officer among the injured, police said today.

"Militants are likely to have coordinated the attacks and planned them in advance because the bombs went off between 07.45am and 8.15am," said Colonel Sommai Phutthakun, deputy police commander in Narathiwat.

"They wanted to show their power," he said.

The attacks, using mostly remote-controlled explosives, followed a week of relative calm when predominantly Buddhist Thailand celebrated King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 60-yea

In Pattani, nine blasts killed one official at a tea shop near a Khko Pho district police post and wounded 15 more people, two seriously, police said.

In Narathiwat, 16 bomb attacks hit the Muang, Ruso, Ra Ngae and Takbai districts, wounding five marine troops.

In Yala, six attacks wounded at least two people.

The first blast hit a Yala provincial police office at 8.00am, wounding one traffic police officer, and another hit the provincial hall.

A third bomb went off at a tea shop near Yaha district police station in Yala, wounding the owner of the shop, and a fourth device exploded at a police station in Bannang Sata district.

A fifth blast in Yala hit a border patrol pick-up truck outside a police officer's apartment in Muang Yala district, destroying the unoccupied car.

On Tuesday two Buddhists, a female local government official and a shop owner, were killed in separate shootings in Pattani, police said.

More than 1300 people have been killed since an insurgency broke out in January 2004 in the mainly Islamic and ethnic Malay south, a region also troubled by organised crime and police corruption.

My only Question is what date will the muslim population of southern thailand be thrown out of the country and put back im mallasia where they belong.nobody likes muslims anywhere in the world they can`t even get allong with other muslims let allone the rest of the world boot them out thaksin then boot yourself out as well

I want to come to Thailand to Help fight the insurgents. I helped fight against the NPA insurgents in the Philippines, I can do it in Thailand. But I want to be granted immediate unlimited Stay in Thailand, and or Extended Visa or Immigration as a Thai Citizen. Anyone with the Authority to make it happen, can contact me at xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you.

SUA*

***email address removed***

Thaivisa is not into mercenary job placement yet.

"yet" :o:D

on a more serious note, I'm sure I disappoint the poster when I say I helped the NPA whilst living in the Philippines...

31 bombs hit troubled south, one dead

ONE person died and 22 others were wounded in a wave of at least 31 bomb attacks by Islamic militants on police and government offices in Thailand's insurgency-hit south.

The string of blasts within about 30 minutes of each other rocked the mainly Muslim provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat near the Malaysian border, with five military and one police officer among the injured, police said today.

"Militants are likely to have coordinated the attacks and planned them in advance because the bombs went off between 07.45am and 8.15am," said Colonel Sommai Phutthakun, deputy police commander in Narathiwat.

"They wanted to show their power," he said.

The attacks, using mostly remote-controlled explosives, followed a week of relative calm when predominantly Buddhist Thailand celebrated King Bhumibol Adulyadej's 60-yea

In Pattani, nine blasts killed one official at a tea shop near a Khko Pho district police post and wounded 15 more people, two seriously, police said.

In Narathiwat, 16 bomb attacks hit the Muang, Ruso, Ra Ngae and Takbai districts, wounding five marine troops.

In Yala, six attacks wounded at least two people.

The first blast hit a Yala provincial police office at 8.00am, wounding one traffic police officer, and another hit the provincial hall.

A third bomb went off at a tea shop near Yaha district police station in Yala, wounding the owner of the shop, and a fourth device exploded at a police station in Bannang Sata district.

A fifth blast in Yala hit a border patrol pick-up truck outside a police officer's apartment in Muang Yala district, destroying the unoccupied car.

On Tuesday two Buddhists, a female local government official and a shop owner, were killed in separate shootings in Pattani, police said.

More than 1300 people have been killed since an insurgency broke out in January 2004 in the mainly Islamic and ethnic Malay south, a region also troubled by organised crime and police corruption.

My only Question is what date will the muslim population of southern thailand be thrown out of the country and put back im mallasia where they belong.nobody likes muslims anywhere in the world they can`t even get allong with other muslims let allone the rest of the world boot them out thaksin then boot yourself out as well

Troll with obviously no knowledge of Thailand and the Southern sections of Thailand at all

my very very very wild guess is it wouldnt have happend without the authoritarian PM back in his seat firing his guns.

For anyone who lives in London, you'll understand when I say that Thaksin reminds me very much of Ken Livingstone....Refuse to apologise when your wrong, instill your will on the people even though they dont like it, not listening to others better advice and running a city through authortarian methods.....they could be brothers!

Troll with obviously no knowledge of Thailand and the Southern sections of Thailand at all

Didn't Milosevic have this idea with regard to Kosovo? Unfortunately for him, he neglected to ensure air superiority. Thaksin has given thought to the need for a capable air force.

"The apparent only solution would be to sit down and see exactly what "They" want. Naw, that would likely be seen as weakness and a loss of face. Heaven forbid Thaksin put the safety of OTHER people ahead of his pride..."

I think you have hit on the real problem...The Thai government (politicians, Army and Police Generals) have no idea who the actual head of the insurgency is, assuming that there is a head to the insurgency. You can not sit down and talk to the rebels if you do not know who they are.. The only ones that are seen or caught seem to be motorcycle pillion riders...

the bomb count and death toll continue to rise:

South shaken by coordinated bombings

The government has launched an investigation into how militants managed to plant more than 50 bombs in and around government buildings in the South yesterday despite prior intelligence warnings, caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Chitchai Wannasathit said.

At least three people were killed and 20 injured when scores of coordinated explosions rocked the southernmost border provinces between 7:45 and 8:15am yesterday, catching government officials off-guard and shattering a week of relative calm in the region during the nationwide celebrations for His Majesty the King’s Diamond Jubilee.

Bombs in more than 28 districts across Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat ripped through cars and caused minor damage in and around government buildings.

Militants planted about 50 home-made bombs inside dozens of government offices with many of the devices hidden inside district office restrooms or in cars or restaurants near government buildings and detonated remotely by cellphone.

Chitchai said caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra had demanded an explanation from regional security officials yesterday, saying security failures had led to the deaths of innocent people.

“The incidents have nothing to do with weak intelligence, as they had already forewarned officials that today was the anniversary of the Pattani state,” Chitchai said, following an urgent meeting with security officials in the region yesterday. “Officials should be more careful and governors have been assigned to investigate why officials were careless and where the gap or loophole in the operation was.”

A source at the National Intelligence Agency said an intelligence warning had listed a number of buildings, most of them in Narathiwat, that would be targeted in a show of strength by insurgents yesterday.

Analysts agreed that, given the warnings, yesterday’s bombings should not have been allowed to occur. “It’s a truly remarkable failure of security, both in general terms and specifically, that people were able to walk into such significant targets,” said Tony Davis, a security analyst with Jane’s Information Group. “They’ve been waiting for this for over two months, it was long overdue.”

In Narathiwat, 19 explosions occurred in the morning with three more later in the afternoon. Five marines were injured when a seven-kilogram device was detonated as they moored their boat on the banks of the Bang Na River in Muang district.

In Pattani, at least three people were killed and a dozen or more injured in 17 explosions that hit every one of the province’s 12 districts. In the central Muang district, a security officer was killed and two others injured when a bomb hidden under a local official’s car was detonated during a security check at City Hall.

In Yala, a 65-year-old tea shop owner was injured and a number of buildings damaged in 11 explosions across the province, targeting local officials’ homes, district offices and two 7-Eleven convenience stores. Another bomb hidden underneath a Channel 11 news van exploded around 3pm. No one was injured in the attack.

Interior Minister ACM Kongsak Wanthana said he suspected the bombs had been assembled outside the country as security measures meant bomb-making materials were no longer readily available in Thailand. However, analysts said the bombs appeared to be similar to those commonly used by southern militant groups and unless there was evidence of new materials, such as TNT or C4 explosives, there was no reason to believe they were not made in Thailand.

Observers also said it was clear the attacks were meant as a warning to the government and not an attempt to cause widespread fatalities. “What they gained in quantity they lost in quality of any given device,” Davis said. “The propaganda value from the quantity aspect probably outweighs that of what two or three larger devices might have had.”

Last week, the National Reconciliation Commission (NRC) recommended setting up a new administrative body to oversee policy in the embattled southern border provinces and called for greater participation by local administrators. Caretaker PM Thaksin has promised to implement “appropriate” recommendations of the commission. However, any recommendation requiring new legislation will have to be sidelined until a new Parliament is in place.

“I will apply suggestions made by the NRC to solve the current problems, but the new plan may take time,” Thaksin said from Chiang Mai yesterday. “The government has to work on two parallel policies of arresting suspects while also creating a better understanding with the local people.”

Government officials said four people had been arrested for involvement in the attacks in Yala but gave no further details. Chitchai has given officials two weeks to prepare a report detailing the problems that led to yesterday’s security failure and suggestions for improvements.

Meanwhile, a Thai News Agency report quoted Deputy Education Minister Rung Kaewdaeng saying yesterday that schools may be temporarily closed in the wake of renewed bombings. School administrators in Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala may decide on an individual basis whether or not to close their institutions as of today, he said.

Thawat Sae Hum, leader of the Narathiwat Teachers’ Federation, said schools in that province would remain open despite having received an anonymous call threatening to blow up Pathum Khongkha Anusorn School in Pattani’s Nong Chik district.

Additionally, a bomb blast near an Informal Education Office in Pattani’s Kapho district caused minor damage, but no casualties were reported.

- TD

Prime Minister Thaksin will visit the deep South after his visit Kazakhstan

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has plans to visit the three southernmost provinces after his trip to Kazakhstan, to explore the on-going violence problem.

Mr. Thaksin unveiled his plans yesterday (June 15) following several bomb blasts in the region but refused to talk about politics. He said he has already warned Thai Rak Thai members to think and do good, as well as to be merciful. He suggested they give clarifications when necessary and to avoid launching verbal attacks on rivals with strong language.

Asked for his opinion on the news of resignation of deputy TRT leader Thammarak Isarangura Na Ayutthaya (ธรรมรักษ์ อิศรางกูร ณ อยุธยา), Mr. Thaksin said he did not learn of the news, and there has been no talks about resignations, nor recruitment of new members lately.

In the meantime, the Prime Minister indicated that the government will step up campaigns to create better understandings among the southerners and will coordinate with neighbouring countries, particularly Malaysia, in jointly finding the southern solutions, within the principle of reconciliation.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 16 June 2006

These problems are very difficult to solve. No one has had any good luck with insurgencies--giving in or fighting doesn't matter. They tend to have a life of their own and usually die a natural death after about 10 years. The point is don't let it develop in the first place.

Update:

Songkhla responds to southern bombings

SONGKHLA: -- Police are stepping up security measures throughout the business district of Hat Yai, the Southern region's key commercial centre, following Thursday's bombings in southernmost provinces.

Until now, Songkhla has been considered to be outside the insurgency-affected area.

Police launched more frequent patrols at Hat Yai railway station, asking passengers to watch out for hidden explosives or suspicious-looking objects or persons and to immediately alert the authorities if they find one.

Security measures are also intensified at and around Hat Yai bus terminal, hotels, trading centres and community areas.

Additionally, Songkhla police have gone on alert in other districts, Chana, Thepha, Saba Yoi and Nathawi, which border on the southernmost provinces.

--TNA 2006-06-15

I've been in Hat Yai for six weeks and the only security measure I have seen is a bag searcher in Carrefour. Hat Yai has mainly avoided serious trouble in the past, and I hope it continues.

IMAGINE

peace and love once again??

IMAGINE

no more sick people spreading hate and death

Is America & the UN coming to protect or just ignore this part of the world???

IMAGINE...

real people who really cared...

Edited by TRD LOVER

Mr. Thaksin unveiled his plans yesterday (June 15) following several bomb blasts in the region but refused to talk about politics. He said he has already warned Thai Rak Thai members to think and do good, as well as to be merciful. He suggested they give clarifications when necessary and to avoid launching verbal attacks on rivals with strong language.

It's like downgrading a tropical cyclone to a gentle breeze. Did they omit the word dozenfrom the above statement? :o

It's like downgrading a tropical cyclone to a gentle breeze. Did they omit the word dozen from the above statement? :o

I've also noticed that the use of the term caretaker to describe certain government officials has fallen by the wayside as of late.

Things could be worse... Thaksin could ask George W for advice.... doh!

The apparent only solution would be to sit down and see exactly what they want. Naw, that would likely be seen as weakness and a loss of face. Heaven forbid Thaksin put the safety of OTHER people ahead of his pride...

Very good post. Short, brief, but it says it all. Now isn't this the exact point to many of the conflicts in the world today. People are ready to kill each other just as long as they are not the ones loosing face. Strange but power and pride promote pizz poor politicans.

There was a great saying some years back, "If you want to make peace, talk to your enemy, not your friends. Absolutely great words. and you know who said that... of all people, Moyshe Dyan the Israeli General. Unfortunately too many of his own people did not and do not heed his words.

Galong , good post

gonzo

40 bombs rattle Thailand's south

Suspected Muslim insurgents exploded at least 46 bombs in attacks yesterday on government offices and other targets across Thailand's restive south, killing at least two people, as the deputy prime minister visited the region, officials said.

Two people were killed by the blasts in three provinces, and another 24 wounded, said police spokesman Colonel Pattanawut Angkanawin.

The bombings in the three southern Muslim-majority provinces of Narathiwat, Pattani and Yala, most of which took place as people headed to work between 8:30 am and 9 am (0130 GMT and 0200 GMT), represented the most extensively co-ordinated attacks in many months by the suspected Islamic separatists, whose activity surged in January 2004.

One of the bombs went off at a government office in Yala minutes before Deputy Prime Minister Chitchai Wannasathit was due for a visit in the area. Chitchai is in charge of overseeing security in Thailand's south.

More than 1,300 people have been killed in sectarian fighting in the past two-and-a-half years. Government efforts to contain the violence, mainly by pouring security forces into the area, have failed to make much headway.

The attacks came just two days after Thailand finished celebrating the 60th anniversary on the throne of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, and was a sharp reminder of the problems down south after a period of relative calm.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said intelligence information had indicated the insurgents were planning a "major operation" for yesterday but that the government's security operation was "not good enough" to block the attacks.

Thai intelligence officials have said that June 15 was the date chosen by a 1997 meeting of insurgents to represent the "national day" of an independent Pattani sultanate. The area was annexed in the early 20th century, and a violent separatist movement has waxed and waned since then.

Source: China Daily - 16 June 2006

Bombs Explode Across Thailand's Restive South

bombeng_195_15jun06.jpg

Thai police officers examine the wreckage of a car carrying bomb and exploded at the compound of Pattani governor's office in Pattani province, southern Thailand, June 15, 2006

At least 40 bombs exploded in Thailand's restive south, killing two people and wounding at least 16 others. Officials say the devices detonated within minutes of each other, as the government's deputy prime minister for security, Chitchai Wannasathit, was visiting the region.

The bombs exploded at government offices and police installations in the three southernmost provinces.

Thai officials say they had prior intelligence that separatist militants were about to stage a major attack, but they did not know what form it would take.

The attacks followed a period of relative calm in the mostly Muslim region. Local resentment boiled over against the government of the predominately Buddhist nation more than two years ago and since then 1,300 people have been killed in the south. But in the past month or so, attacks apparently had been limited.

The head of the Thai Army, Sonthi Boonyaratkalin, said officials must be more aware of the situation.

He says there should be greater cooperation between the people and government officials to combat the violence.

The Thai representative of Human Rights Watch, Sunai Phasuk, says the attacks show that the militants have not been weakened as the government has claimed.

"The attacks [this morning] show the ability of the militants to carry out attacks across three provinces with punctuality, with the ability as well to avoid civilian casualties," said Sunai.

The attacks come 10 days after a special commission presented a report on the violence based on more than one year of research.

The National Reconciliation Commission said the causes of the violence - poverty, injustice and a lack of good schools - are common throughout Thailand. But it said in the south these have been aggravated by differences in religion, ethnicity and language.

The commission recommended the creation of several commissions to address local grievances, economic development and reconciliation.

Sunai, who has spent months studying the violence in the south, called the report solid and accurate but said the government is reluctant to implement its recommendations.

"The recommendations of the Reconciliation Commission require the government to acknowledge the right of Muslim populations to participate in public administration at all levels and above all the right of the Muslim populations to have access to justice and fairness," added Sunai.

The Thai government has sought to address the grievances in the south through jobs and development programs, but has also vowed to punish the attackers.

Human rights groups accuse security personnel of using excessive force and of being behind dozens of disappearances of Muslim leaders.

The Reconciliation Commission said as a result there is a deep mistrust of the government and its officials in the south. That has led to a climate of fear and made local residents reluctant to cooperate with the authorities.

Source: Voice of America News - 16 June 2006

Prime Minister Thaksin will visit the deep South after his visit Kazakhstan.

Priorities man! :o

Particularly in light of the purpose of his visit there:

Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra will attend an international security conference next week in an effort to find measures to build collective trust among countries in the region.

- MCOT

He's got FIFTY BOMBS all going off practically simultaneously in his OWN country... send a representative to discuss international security. Perhaps sending someone with a clue might be a good start.

your examples are good! In Iraq, Ireland, Israel and chechnya, the terrorists were caused by an absolut wrong politik.

The terrorists are not the problem, they are the symptoms of a deeper problem, which must be solved.

Oh please! Would you have us believe that there is an absolute right or an absolute wrong to politics? You and the terrorists share a common perception that there must only be one possible viewpoint, your own particular viewpoint.

Terrorists may not be the only problem, but people willing to kill and bomb because they can't get their way, or because the ever changing currents of history are not flowing their way, are most certainly a problem. Terrorists are a problem and at the same time may be a sympton of a deeper problem. Both problems must be addressed. But remember, not all problems have solutions. At some point you solve what you can.

Interior Minister believes bombs are intended to ruin southern morale, economy and security

Interior Minister Kongsak Wanthana believes bomb explosions at several spots in the three southernmost provinces lately were intended to undermine villagers’ morale, national economy and security.

Air Chief Marshal Kongsak said the intelligence had kept the government informed of bomb threats at several sites in the deep South. However, the blasts were still hard to prevent. He estimated that the bombs had been assembled outside the country and smuggled in across the border.

The Air Chief Marshal admitted that preventive measures were hardly working although they had carefully been designed and implemented. Military inspection and security has already been stepped up for greater public safety.

Lull ends in savage wave of 44 blasts

2 dead, 25 injured; Thaksin 'lost for words' as to why authorities could not prevent attacks

The three southernmost provinces went into a tailspin yesterday morning as suspected insurgents launched a huge series of well coordinated bomb attacks, hitting at least 40 targets, mostly security positions and government installations, killing two people and injuring at least 25.

The attacks, launched between 8.30am and 9am, jolted the security and intelligence community amid growing criticism over their inability to curb the violence.

At least 10 police installations and outposts in the three Malay-speaking provinces were attacked and in one incident an M79 grenade launcher was used.

Beside the high level of coordination, the attacks also struck at the heart of towns and cities as police counted at least 10 bombs, mostly hidden in bathrooms, that went off inside the main buildings where provincial and district officials were working.

Bombs exploded inside the main buildings of four city halls, two provincial offices, two district police stations and two municipality offices.

In Pattani's Nong Chik district office, a bomb went off in the toilet a few metres from the central working area. The district chief was reported to have passed out from the commotion.

The latest episode of violence is unprecedented as previous bombings of government offices have mainly involved devices placed within a compound, not inside the main building. The bombs were detonated by clocks and cell phones.

Two public schools also received bomb threats but no explosions were reported.

Caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was lost for words as to why the authorities were unable to prevent yesterday's attacks. Thaksin said intelligence indicated insurgents were planning a "major operation" but the government's preventive measures were "not good enough".

One of the bombs went off at a government office in Yala minutes before acting Deputy Prime Minister Chidchai Vanasatidya was to visit the area. Chidchai is in charge of overseeing security in Thailand's south. A 40-year-old man was detained shortly after the explosion in Yala city hall.

One man died in a blast at a teashop near Pattani's Khok Pho district office. It wounded 12 others. The shop is frequented by police and soldiers.

A second fatality in the province occurred when a local government worker's vehicle blew up while being inspected at Pattani City Hall. The worker was heading to his office when a security guard saw a suspicious object beneath the vehicle and yelled at him to jump out of the car. The driver escaped but moments later an explosion killed the guard and injured two others.

Many of the bombs were planted inside the bathrooms of provincial offices and police stations, injuring three police officers in Yala province and five marines in neighbouring Narathiwat, police said.

Yesterday's attacks came on the ninth anniversary of a conference that Thai intelligence said was held in Germany in 1997 and attended by about 10 exiled leaders of the Majlis Permesyuratan Rakyat Melayu Patani, or the Consultative Council of Patani Malays.

While the intelligence community gives importance to the date, June 15 is not widely accepted among the known separatist groups such as Patani United Liberation Organisation, Barisan Revolusi Nasional or Bersatu.

Source: The Nation - 16 June 2006

PM has assigned Pol. Gen. Chitchai to deal with the violence in the Deep South

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinnawatra has assigned Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister Chitchai Wannasathit to take care of the violence in the Deep South, while expressing his concern on the unrest situation.

Speaking before traveling to Kazakhstan, Dr. Thaksin said that he has ordered Pol. Gen. Chitchai to manage the southern issues. Today, a meeting will be held to adjust the measures of tackling the restive situation in the region.

The Prime Minister has admitted that he is worried about the situation in the Deep South. However, he wants to hear the outcome of the meeting before he will give out further orders.

Three bombs explode in the South

Three homemade bombs exploded in southern border provinces on Friday, a day after a series of coordinated bomb attacks in the deep South.

The three small bombs caused no injuries, said Somkuan Pattaraneth, a spokesman for the regional army forces in southern Thailand.

He said the explosives - two at railway stations in the province of Narathiwat and one in Pattani province - were not major bombs, but more like big firecrackers aimed at making noise." Two other explosive devices were defused.

Source: The Nation - Breaking News - 16 June 2006

How long before the situation escalates and we start to see reports like we just saw in Sri Lanka? Trying to fight fire with fire never works with insurgencies, because one side is duty bound by international law to play by the rules and the other is not.

The fact that the ruling party doesn't know who is leading the insurgency shows an ineptitude beyond belief. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Their priority should be to find out who is ordering the bombings and engaging in dialoque. That is the only possible way to stop these bombings. They seem to be relatively small weapons, impossible to search for effectively.

For once I have to say 'Come on Thaksin, please talk'

All parties urged to have confidence in the performances of the officials in Deep South

Supreme Commander Ruangroj Mahasaranond (เรืองโรจน์ มหาศรานนท์) has urged all parties not to be worried about the unrest situation in the three southernmost provinces. He has affirmed that the officials are able to control the situation, while security measures will be tightened up in the areas.

Gen. Ruangroj has admitted that the officials will have to evaluate their performances and they have to implement strict measures in the areas, following the recent simultaneous bombing incidents in more than 50 areas of the three southern border provinces. He commented that those incidents were created by the insurgents who would like to display their power. He believes the officials have the abilities to control the situation.

The Supreme Commander insisted that neighbor countries are cooperating well with Thailand regarding this regional unrest situation. Meanwhile he and related agencies are constantly holding discussions over the matter.