Border run crackdown in full force at Thai-Cambodian checkpoints

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Give yourself about 3 hours between arrival and departure in case outbound flight is delayed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, i'm trying to find the absolute lowest cost .. air asia advertises international flights from 1090 baht , but then it looks like they add for luggage, which i won't even have. i would do a single entry visa but i was told that vientiane will likely not give me another one, since i already have more than 2 in my passport (even though those visas were 3-4 years ago). i'm not really sure what to do.

Yes. Give yourself about 3 hours between arrival and departure in case outbound flight is delayed.

Yeah, i'm trying to find the absolute lowest cost .. air asia advertises international flights from 1090 baht , but then it looks like they add for luggage, which i won't even have. i would do a single entry visa but i was told that vientiane will likely not give me another one, since i already have more than 2 in my passport (even though those visas were 3-4 years ago). i'm not really sure what to do.

Those old tourist visas will not be a problem for getting a new visa.

Vientiane seldom refuse to issue visas. If you apply for a 2 entry they will on give you a single entry for example and tell you it will be the last one.

Since you only want a single entry you will have no problem getting one.

Vientiane seldom refuse to issue visas. If you apply for a 2 entry they will on give you a single entry for example and tell you it will be the last one.

So why do the tour companies keep telling me they won't give me the visa in vientiene? one company told me "you can probably get a single entry", then last month at the border, he said "nah, you have too many in your passport" ... in my passport, i have 2 double-entries from vientiane and 2 double-entries from phnom penh, but the last time i was on a tour visa was 3 years ago or so... after that i had 2 years of ed-visa. do you have a service you recommend in bangkok that i can use?

So why do the tour companies keep telling me they won't give me the visa in vientiene? one company told me "you can probably get a single entry", then last month at the border, he said "nah, you have too many in your passport" ... in my passport, i have 2 double-entries from vientiane and 2 double-entries from phnom penh, but the last time i was on a tour visa was 3 years ago or so... after that i had 2 years of ed-visa. do you have a service you recommend in bangkok that i can use?

okay. just talked to the tour company.. he said the same thing you said. he said i can get a single entry but not likely a double one.. it's okay because i only need 2 months anyway. i appreciate your help!