Thai army chief announces military coup

webfact

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being at one of the local banks at the moment I did a quick poll following all scientific rules which normally apply to polls in Thailand and all (two) indicated a maybe good to good when asked about the coup.

Still, I have my doubts although I can understand why the general was fed up.

Why such thing happened? It is the outcome of Thai political parties' activities which have "invited!!!" Thai army to power. To restore peace, there was no alternative. Now I expect that Thai army will prove it's patriotism.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just pray to god that the nation will still have food, Internet and social media rights.

Will they let Suthep out for his victory party or will they keep him in custody in the army camp?

\Is there a ticket to Dubai waiting for fatboy or will his master stab him in the back like the Emperor and Darth vadr?

Some countries are just not ready for democracy. Military Dictatorship may just be what Thailand needs for an extended period.

Thailand WOULD be ready for democracy IF the fugitive would leave her alone to `BE democratic!!!

And all in name of democracy and peace.... Frightens me.....

But its BETTER than a dictator running the country from Dubai - sorry a fascist criminal murdering lying theiving dictator!!

• Like 2

Thailand WOULD be ready for democracy IF the fugitive would leave her alone to `BE democratic!!!

I disagree having observed both sides and how they deal with Democracy. Both of which have no idea. I vote military rule.

• Like 1

Army and their masters losing face big time

What an odd comment.

The only people losing face are the inept government and the squabbling 'children' who could not compromise when offered the opportunity.

One can be assured that the weapons that the UDD denied owning will be needed by the UDD now as they did promise they would send an armed militia into Bangkok in the event a coup took place. The deny narrative does not hold now as events have changed so rhetoric has changed.

I hope there is no bloodshed and I hope peace prevails and there is a quick solution through reform to this situation.

Good Luck Thailand.