Thai army chief announces military coup

webfact

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand WOULD be ready for democracy IF the fugitive would leave her alone to `BE democratic!!!

I disagree having observed both sides and how they deal with Democracy. Both of which have no idea. I vote military rule.

~I respect that view but I want to see a day when my country CAN have a fair democratic election without buying, interference, threats and a dictatorship. Thaksin is a THOROUGHLY unpleasant person who will sink to any level to gain power and control. Murders, theft, arson are on his list of ok to do if it benefits ME - take him OUT of the equation and thailand CAN vote for people who genuinely WANT to run the country for the benefit of the majority!!

I agree with that sentiment 100% but I fear they are not yet ready to vote freely and understand what they are voting for - nevertheless, I would take a flawed democracy over any other permanent solution anyday.

What is important is that reforms are introduced before power is handed back to the people. For now, military control seems the best option.

wonder how many ptp/reds wil try to leave the country all of a sudden, the threat of jail hanging over their heads might prove too much for some especially now that the books can be looked at, will be an interesting period I would think. Somehow I dont think the general will take any sh*t from anyone and we may see things well and truly sorted at last much to the displeasure of some

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

song, "where have all the (PTP) flowers gone, long time passing" alt=thumbsup.gif>

How's things in that parallel universe you inhabit? Sky got pink spots?

This is about pulling them all into line. Prayuth famously dislikes Suthep intensely. Although maybe not in your part of the cosmos ....

man, what happens now? So there will be an interim government installed, elections in say 6-9 months, some red/Thaksin proxy party back in blah blah rinse and repeat

Interim government? Heavens no, the army is in charge, didn't you read?

Goody goody gumdrops

So we will have this system in place till another election is called, another shit remote control government will be elected who will proceed to happy a***hole around with mad neo-communist and badly thought through populist policies and then a year or two later we have some more protests and hey presto...lets go round again

How novel :)

so Thailand is back to square one Again!

They will never have a functioning democracy as long as they keep acting like this. Belive it or not I actually feel that the red vs orange is necessary for Thailand to move forward. Yes there are unrests now but as long as the top 1% of a country decides everything nothing good will happen.

• Like 1

I wish a quick and smooth return to a real Democracy And I hope the military see the best way to heal Thailand is to Arrest Thaskin and put him in a cell so remote that they have to pump sunlight into him.

• Like 1

I wish a quick and smooth return to a real Democracy And I hope the military see the best way to heal Thailand is to Arrest Thaskin and put him in a cell so remote that they have to pump sunlight into him.

Some of you just couldn't get it through your skulls than this being nothing other than a coup.

The couldn't break the PTP by choking Bangkok, they couldn't break the PTP by blocking the election, they couldn't break the PTP through a judicial coup, so the scoundrels have resorted to a military coup.

Get it through your heads. There will be no election. The military/yellows will run the country indefinitely.

Guerrilla warfare will become the norm in Bangkok. It's the only way if Thais in the north and north-east of the country want to retain their civil rights.

`Even NOW you won't stop with your red garbage will you - why don't you go back to your own country and let us take the steps we need to build democracy properly. Killing 28 people women and children and carrying out illegal illegitimate elections for the benefit of a criminal who thirsts for his dictatorship is NOT DEMOCRACY!!! Give us fair elections where ALL candidates can stand in all regions safely and people can decide for themselves who to vote for and i will talk to you about civil rights!!

And yet every independent organisation that has looked at the elections that PT won has concluded that they were largely clean and fair. You obviously have other information - care to share it? (and "I know" is not enough).

• Like 1

As if nobody seen that coming!! wink.png I wonder what that means for the PDRC and UDD protest groups? Get off the streets now and go home??

This is a Ballsy move by Prayuth indeed.. wai2.gif

It means that the PDRC will be asked to form a new government.

• Like 1

Will they let Suthep out for his victory party or will they keep him in custody in the army camp?

You are not seriously posting this?? I guess you have assimilated into red way of thinking.

Suthep organised and planned this with perfect execution.

There is a reason why army took over all the arrest warrants under revision .

There is a reason why Suthep stated the exact date he would surrender.

There is another party in play who is silent now but will pop up on the radar very shortly if I am right

• Like 1

Way to prove all the critics right! I was hoping for so much better.

Like what? What was the way out, Sherlock? There wasn't one, no comprise will ever come from T and his bought minions. His influence and grip on this country has screwed it no end and it must be diluted for it to move on--look at the state it's in today, look at the cost of things!

There will be blood spilt because of this, no doubt, but that would have happened anyway.

Sorry, but this is the only way at this time in this part of the world. The 'democracy' touted by that government was a complete sham.