Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that means no food in the markets...My brother in Law has to leave home evey morning at 1.30 so that people can buy the days meat. I hope they sort a permit system out soon for urgent work.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 2

Thais love being out at night and who can blame them, the weather is much cooler. It will be interesting to see how strictly this will be enforced...

As an aside, I have not seen one soldier on patrol in Chiang Mai. Just my personal experience...

• Like 1

Thai army orders all radio and TV to suspend normal programmes

BANGKOK, May 22, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's military on Thursday ordered all television and radio stations to suspend their usual programmes and show only the army's broadcasts in the wake of a coup.

The move was to ensure the release of "accurate news to the people," an army spokesman said in a televised announcement.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-05-22

• Like 1

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

Very easy, you can not go out between 22pm and 5am.

If you do, you risk being arrested or shot.

But do not freak , it usually lasts for few days unless there is trouble

Curfew imposed countrywide; People not allowed to leave their homes after 10pm until 5am, effective tonight /Bangkok Post

BTS Skytrain operates until 9pm; heavy traffic on main roads in capital /MCOT

Curfew imposed countrywide; People not allowed to leave their homes after 10pm until 5am, effective tonight /MCOT

• Like 1

Thais love being out at night and who can blame them, the weather is much cooler. It will be interesting to see how strictly this will be enforced...

As an aside, I have not seen one soldier on patrol in Chiang Mai. Just my personal experience...

Saw soldiers hanging out around Thapae Gate yesterday evening at 7 pm. They're definitely at the "hot spots" in Chiang Mai.

They have been at Thapae Gate all day

• Like 1