Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at life from the bright side: smile.png

​We're out dancing till 5am last night, so anayway too tired tonight – let's see if we still have a Friday Beach Party and some after party... whistling.gif

Thai army orders all radio and TV to suspend normal programmes

BANGKOK, May 22, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's military on Thursday ordered all television and radio stations to suspend their usual programmes and show only the army's broadcasts in the wake of a coup.

The move was to ensure the release of "accurate news to the people," an army spokesman said in a televised announcement.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-05-22

Sounds really bad from outside looking in. Be careful for you ask for! You just might get it.

i was just at patpong and the girls were worried about business. i guess their worries just got confirmed.

I agree it it going to be interesting to see how the bars and clubs treat this.

One thing though. It says you cannot leave your house between 10 and 5.

What happens if you already left it at 8 and are at the bar. and it is 11 are you still ok.

Maybe it just means that you are going to have to stay there all night LOL.

As to the airport arrivals. I think that a way of resolving that is to have buses setup to take people to hotels. Tourist arrives shows hotel booking confirmation gets on buss tht takes them to hotel.

Works for me. Actually best thing that could happen to tourist.

Thais love being out at night and who can blame them, the weather is much cooler. It will be interesting to see how strictly this will be enforced...

As an aside, I have not seen one soldier on patrol in Chiang Mai. Just my personal experience...

Saw one group at Thapae gate and another outside university on nimman this afternoon. Not a lot to see ill grant you but they are certainly in evidence.

Thai army orders all radio and TV to suspend normal programmes

BANGKOK, May 22, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's military on Thursday ordered all television and radio stations to suspend their usual programmes and show only the army's broadcasts in the wake of a coup.

The move was to ensure the release of "accurate news to the people," an army spokesman said in a televised announcement.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-05-22

Thank you great leaders

I flew out of Thailand 2 days ago. Seems my timing was perfect.

Feel sorry for all the people that are suffering financially because of this. The elite and their puppet Suthep can sit back knowing they got their way but they know in their hearts their time is short. Once you have awakened peoples desire for democracy and given them a taste there is no going back.

When an event i cant mention happens in the very near future their time will be up, even if they have secured a friendly government in power for when it happens. This of course is what this was all about..... corruption?? haha give me a break

Apparently Thailand has a close relationship to USA in that it is termed a non-NATO ally. USA is now legally obliged to impose certain sanctions on Thailand. So it is going to affect them economically

• Like 1

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

Very easy, you can not go out between 22pm and 5am.

If you do, you risk being arrested or shot.

But do not freak , it usually lasts for few days unless there is trouble

So if I have a heart attack at 1am I have to wait until 5am to go to the hospital?

Theyll shoot you dead on the way to the hospital so at least you wont have to wait for the ambulance youll be in it!!

Complete nonsense, dont be so over dramatic. Of course emergency services will be allowed to operate, maybe just subjected to checking.