Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as I was aware the fighting and demonstrations were confined to Bangkok. So why punish the whole country with a full curfew? Surely only the areas with the unrest need curfews. The army is going too far and will quickly lose the support of the Thais if they treat them badly like this.

Thais love being out at night and who can blame them, the weather is much cooler. It will be interesting to see how strictly this will be enforced...

As an aside, I have not seen one soldier on patrol in Chiang Mai. Just my personal experience...

Yes: I saw two soldier stations (?) near the airport and one near Narrawat Bridge this morning.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And what about late international flights?

Taxis to and from the airport will be fine.

IF you can find a taxi that is. I wonder how strict they will be.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The constitution has been scrapped.............................didn't know they had one

They don't seem to last long.

And what about late international flights?

Taxis to and from the airport will be fine.

IF you can find a taxi that is. I wonder how strict they will be.

Reckon they'll be heavily lined up outside the major hotels looking for fares. It'll be their safest bet to make a quid. Won't be able to troll about much looking for a fare as you say.

Yeah, I have two weeks left in the country, and I plan on hitting bars... Not bar girl bars, but with friends. F this, we'll see what really happens in CM this weekend.

Get a VIP room in one of these curtain hotels and the party just continues until as long as you want.

They'll supply you with girls and dope as well if that's your thing.

Unenforceable and lunatic in tourist areas. Love to see what the Russians in Pattaya decide to do. Methinks time to stock up the booze supplies and take the dogs out for a pee at 2159

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Which is how it should be... you want a warning for people to hide stuff, usurp authority.... at least they turned the TV off, my mother-in-law will be beside herself, but since I don't have a TV antenna, no biggy.

Oz

Thai system never plans ahead of time. All announcements take effect in the next few hours. Never a time to prepare.

555? I lived here for many years and still can't figure out what they are fighting about. Both side is corrupt no matter who is in office? I guess if you are not getting your share it is certainly something to fight about.

I just want to know how soon will my $$$ be worth more so I can ship some more over? And can the Boy scout army really impose and enforce a thing like this?

Apparently the fight is between what tastes best: Shit sandwhich or Turdburger ...anyway, something like that. Take your side and argue it out.