Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I flew out of Thailand 2 days ago. Seems my timing was perfect.

Feel sorry for all the people that are suffering financially because of this. The elite and their puppet Suthep can sit back knowing they got their way but they know in their hearts their time is short. Once you have awakened peoples desire for democracy and given them a taste there is no going back.

When an event i cant mention happens in the very near future their time will be up, even if they have secured a friendly government in power for when it happens. This of course is what this was all about..... corruption?? haha give me a break

Apparently Thailand has a close relationship to USA in that it is termed a non-NATO ally. USA is now legally obliged to impose certain sanctions on Thailand. So it is going to affect them economically

USA said 24 hours ago there would be no coup.

They should bring back Edward Snowden.

At least he seemed to have his finger on the pulse.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

555? I lived here for many years and still can't figure out what they are fighting about. Both side is corrupt no matter who is in office? I guess if you are not getting your share it is certainly something to fight about.

I just want to know how soon will my $$$ be worth more so I can ship some more over? And can the Boy scout army really impose and enforce a thing like this?

Apparently the fight is between what tastes best: Shit sandwhich or Turdburger ...anyway, something like that. Take your side and argue it out.

Eanie meanie, mynie moe....

How does killing my pay to view movies and sports help this out. Plus I have an up coming flight arr DM 11:30PM and get to other airport for 5AM check in - oh the joy. totally screwed up. I guess nok will have to change my flight to afternoon and hang out in the other airport from 10PM to 5 AM so I am not a pumpkin.

For you guys on the prowl for companionship each evening, just think of this as speed dating with a ticking clock. Hey sweetie, you want to be stuck here till 5am or do you want to come home with me and I will show you my etchings.

I have fond memories of some of the early coups. The nighttime rules changed but the games continued. This is number 8 for me but none of that matters because I settled down after 20 years of being single in Bangkok and now live upcountry.

The constitution has been scrapped.............................didn't know they had one

It was THEIR Constitution, after the 2006 coup.

Apparently it wasn't undemocratic enough, next Constitution will guarantee their absolute power forever without the risk of "outsiders" winning the elections...Sit and wait....Thailand is a sinking ship....sinking into a sea of desperation....

• Like 1

And the dear people of Thailand, who have to travel long distances to their homes through extreme traffic were warned in advance???

No???!

Bad luck then,.... those unlucky ones just didn't know then...,whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Well - all those in praise of the "Coup that is not a coup" over the last few days on ThaiVisa - hang your heads in shame. This is typical military Bravo Sierra - no thought put into it - no Reason behind it. Typical of an Army jock (apologies to all ex-military members of TV). Military Government = bad Government.

Me thinks that this is just the first of many moves which is going to see this rapidly become a FULL BLOWN COUP. Why a night curfew? - they are doing to do what the Yellows have wanted all along, since they lost power at the last election - have an appointed Government - how ever they do it - using the Senate patsies or just directing it via Military decree or by the so called Constitution Court (which is meant to protect the Constitution that the Army helped write back in 2007) - its going to happen.

Hold on guys this is going to get messy - and its going to more than just a hassle of visiting the bar. When the boys in green start closing down this site and all of us start getting worried about what we write or say or think. I wonder if there will still be those on TV applauding the action being taken by the military. I won't be happy until they go back to their barracks and leave Thailand governed by those that WIN ELECTIONS and if that means the Shins - Tango Sierra. I

The constitution has been scrapped.............................didn't know they had one

It was THEIR Constitution, after the 2006 coup.

Apparently it wasn't undemocratic enough, next Constitution will guarantee their absolute power forever without the risk of "outsiders" winning the elections...Sit and wait....Thailand is a sinking ship....sinking into a sea of desperation....

They are guaranteeing that Thailand will be the hub of permanent restlessnesssad.png

• Like 1

"home from 10 pm to 5 am"

Thai time or Farang time?

​Thai culture: ”lets meet at 10 pm” = 10pm + 2hours.

German culture: ”lets meet at 10pm” = 9.55pm ”five minutes early is on time.

Indian culture: ”Lets meet at 10 pm” = +5hours or more. ”We have lots of time in India"

If this rule is enforced there will be a civil war. Imagine how much tea money the police, government officials and other will loose.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

555? I lived here for many years and still can't figure out what they are fighting about. Both side is corrupt no matter who is in office? I guess if you are not getting your share it is certainly something to fight about.

I just want to know how soon will my $$$ be worth more so I can ship some more over? And can the Boy scout army really impose and enforce a thing like this?

Apparently the fight is between what tastes best: Shit sandwhich or Turdburger ...anyway, something like that. Take your side and argue it out.

Eanie meanie, mynie moe....

You don't have a mandate to say that!