Patong faces ruin if curfew continues, says entertainment boss

Lite Beer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big cry babies...the amount of money they have squirreled away with their prices for everything over the years.....if they cannot hold themselves out over a few days or even weeks, then they should not be in business being such pee poor managers.

LOL no sympathy for you greedy purveyors of beer and BG's

Hope you cut prices in half

Not going out ok, but in the room no TV channels working! bah.gif So, the DVD players and DVDs are sold out? blink.png

OK I have to admit that I hadn't considered that there were perhaps many people, tourists and residents that usually spend most of their time outside of their homes/hotels. In these cases it's a lifestyle change being imposed on them.

Regarding the current situation that the country is in, hopefully at the end of the day the medicine will cure the illness.

Bangla Rd. at 1230am this morning.

First I wondered how the heck did you manage to get the picture smile.png Thanks for sharing as it's not possible for us others to see the streets during the night.

Did you took any pictures of the Bangla road or beach road (if empty or with few people around)?

The clue would be with the white faces in that picture.

Which raises the question: what are volunteer police doing enforcing a curfew?

They look like cardboard cut outs.

Is this T.A.T's new ad campaign ?

Yes it is annoying that there is nought on telly when the streets are off limits. There will probably be a surge in maternity wards in 9 months from now ....

Can drink, can't go out, can't watch TV. Honey, put away that knitting

• Like 2

In times gone by people used to take a stack of paperback novels with them on holiday.

Around "paperback writer" and "help me if you can I'm feeling down" times. By the bed bugs or something as I recall.

Big cry babies...the amount of money they have squirreled away with their prices for everything over the years.....if they cannot hold themselves out over a few days or even weeks, then they should not be in business being such pee poor managers.

Maybe the philosophy, spend today, and worry tomorrow cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Kerry

The seriousness of a coup and subsequent curfew and all they think about is themselves and MONEY. Image has nothing to do with it. Tourists are not allowed after 10pm and they understand the reason why. What about all the thousands of nights there hasn't been a curfew - when Bar and restaurant owners have been making a killing?

• Like 1

Anybody thinking about the tourists?

They come to Patong to party with money and time saved up over the year, to have this curfew sprung on them.

This curfew is just an exercise in PR, just to show "I'm in charge". It has no practical use in Phuket, a Democratic strong-hold that poses no threat to the coup.

• Like 1

known throughout the world for its throbbing nightlife

Really? You could have fooled me.

Totally agree with you its a DIVE....

Been there 1 time 6-7 yrs ago, never again. They should all have power drills as they screw your 100% 24/7.

• Like 2

For those who seem to be so much against a somewhat liberal nightlife, in case you are living in Thailand, are you sure you picked the right country? Too bad for you Saudi Arabia and North Korea don't accept foreign retirees. Or maybe you want the nightly entertainment to be restricted to cocktail bars with a strict dress code, and a piano player performing on the stage?

• Like 1

"Patong, known throughout the world for its throbbing nightlifeXXXXXX"

That's Thai PR speak for ". . . international infamous cesspit of sexual exploitation and depravity, characterised by violence, obscenity, crime and corruption haunted mainly by male sex tourists and pedophiles".

• Like 2

"Patong, known throughout the world for its throbbing nightlifeXXXXXX"

That's Thai PR speak for ". . . international infamous cesspit of sexual exploitation and depravity, characterised by violence, obscenity, crime and corruption haunted mainly by male sex tourists and pedophiles".

What rubbish!!!

If you're going to use the P-word, at least learn how to spell it correctly.

Anybody thinking about the tourists?

They come to Patong to party with money and time saved up over the year, to have this curfew sprung on them.

This curfew is just an exercise in PR, just to show "I'm in charge". It has no practical use in Phuket, a Democratic strong-hold that poses no threat to the coup.

The smarter tourists who wish to party will find their ways. Maybe they start a bit earlier and continue the parties at their hotels. Life goes on.

Think an moment what would happen in this country if the curfew would be in effect only in Bangkok and the northern provinces. The curfew has to be either only in Bangkok area or it has to cover the whole country wide.

Edited by Guest