Patong faces ruin if curfew continues, says entertainment boss

Lite Beer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple.

Just swap day for night! Start Happy Hour first thing in the morning, wake up the girls,

and let the binge drinking and whoring continue.

Ha ha ha ha ha ..Now thats the best suggestion I've read here .

Night Can still be Drinking and Whoring bcoz by this point you are already in Room with a Bottle of Whiskey and a DVD .

No good for the Bar Owner ..but that doesn't matter . Lateral thinking at its best .. " Day Bar " :)

" Clean Toilets ..Cute Girls ..Day Bar Challenge " ..Its a great idea .

• Like 1

"Patong, known throughout the world for its throbbing nightlifeXXXXXX"

That's Thai PR speak for ". . . international infamous cesspit of sexual exploitation and depravity, characterised by violence, obscenity, crime and corruption haunted mainly by male sex tourists and pedophiles".

Sorry , thats complete B/S .

And although , I well understand that Patong " Everyday " can be a bit much , I once stayed within walking distance of Bangla

for 3 months and it was an incredible time .

Like other areas , once you work out where most of the crime and deception comes from , Its extremely easy to Avoid .

Bangla Rd. at 1230am this morning.

First I wondered how the heck did you manage to get the picture smile.png Thanks for sharing as it's not possible for us others to see the streets during the night.

Did you took any pictures of the Bangla road or beach road (if empty or with few people around)?

The clue would be with the white faces in that picture.

Which raises the question: what are volunteer police doing enforcing a curfew?

We were asked by the Col.

The seriousness of a coup and subsequent curfew and all they think about is themselves and MONEY. Image has nothing to do with it. Tourists are not allowed after 10pm and they understand the reason why. What about all the thousands of nights there hasn't been a curfew - when Bar and restaurant owners have been making a killing?

What about someone running a legitimate Restaurant in the Middle of Town ? paying all the higher rates that are associated with Phuket ,

these owners also have to cover the high costs , its not exactly some license to make money , its extremely difficult and costs are high .

Would you really be happy about being declined your right to make a legitimate living ? Running your business is some kind of Crime ?

Naturally , the owner would want to work , to keep staff on , earn a living , pay the rent ..etc etc etc ..It all goes around .

Think its unfair to assume that all are a part of the Super Rich , the vast majority are hard working , small ( tiny ) business owners

just trying to make ends meet . There are only a reasonably small number of Mega Clubs , who could maybe cope with Closures like

this . Reality is , its a week to week proposition for most . So naturally they dont want business slowed down ..Plus Bangla is only

one tiny part of the Island . What about Phuket Town , Kata , and many other areas ? these are also affected .

Bangla , has all the danger and Sleazey elements ..But , yes , Its also a whole lot of fun ..Once in a while anyhow .

Big cry babies...the amount of money they have squirreled away with their prices for everything over the years.....if they cannot hold themselves out over a few days or even weeks, then they should not be in business being such pee poor managers.

EXACLTY!!!! Never heard such nonsense!

My shop is not in Patong, but, I am open 24/7 normally, and this curfew cut yesterdays revenue 60% .Not to mention a whole shift of staff. So no, it is not nonsense, it hurts.

But it's only for 3 days!

To say that the curfew is having a bigger impact than the tsunami of 2004 definitely seems like hyperbole, but how much politically motivated violence do you really see in Patong? Does it really make sense to make the curfew nationwide?

• Like 1

You would think that these so called "entertainment bosses" have made enough money over the years to support themselves for a couple of days/ weeks. Let's not forget, they've probably got their sticky fingers in many pies !!! And are they the only ones to be affected by the curfew ? Of course not, it's the whole country & everyone in it !!! So, do what everyone else is doing, shut the <deleted> up & wait & see what happens !!! Interesting times ahead, I think, but hopefully peaceful !!!

Patong defiantly can handle this curfew.. The money passing through there is huge and if you choose to have a business in an unstable country then you need to have expected this. It's not like it's the first time this happens. Here in chiang rai on the other hand businesses are really hurting. Chiang rai is a place that makes small money compared to patong and businesses here including the bars just get by on a day to day basis. You don't see the business owners here crying. They just turned everything around and are doing noon to 10pm business and they aren't crying. Lol patongs pockets are hurting.. LMFAO!!!

For those who seem to be so much against a somewhat liberal nightlife, in case you are living in Thailand, are you sure you picked the right country? Too bad for you Saudi Arabia and North Korea don't accept foreign retirees. Or maybe you want the nightly entertainment to be restricted to cocktail bars with a strict dress code, and a piano player performing on the stage?

I am all into ''Live and Let Live''... but thats not a ''Liberal Lifestyle'' what that is ..

''Is exploitation of Locals , Foreigners, and Loris's''...., sad...

I've been to ''Liberal'' places, and thats fine, not my thing, but on you go if its for you.

Take a look at who's walking around ''Patong''.. says it all.... 'Creme de la Creme'' ... NOT..

Not going out ok, but in the room no TV channels working! bah.gif So, the DVD players and DVDs are sold out? blink.png

OK I have to admit that I hadn't considered that there were perhaps many people, tourists and residents that usually spend most of their time outside of their homes/hotels. In these cases it's a lifestyle change being imposed on them.

Regarding the current situation that the country is in, hopefully at the end of the day the medicine will cure the illness.

I sit in Udon Thani, countryside, TRUE MOVE still off! blink.png

known throughout the world for its throbbing nightlife

i'm currently in a non-junta, non-curfew, non-sextourist part of the world and asked 10 random people. none of them had ever heard of patong.

coffee1.gif

You in the free state of NORTH KOREA, these people have sure not heard off PATONG.

Or in the unspoiled jungle off New Guinea. tongue.png

Not going out ok, but in the room no TV channels working! bah.gif So, the DVD players and DVDs are sold out? blink.png

If you want to spend some 'real' money go to the beach and hire a jet ski.

85 km east from Udon Thani city? That is where I am. whistling.gif

Big cry babies...the amount of money they have squirreled away with their prices for everything over the years.....if they cannot hold themselves out over a few days or even weeks, then they should not be in business being such pee poor managers.

EXACLTY!!!! Never heard such nonsense!

My shop is not in Patong, but, I am open 24/7 normally, and this curfew cut yesterdays revenue 60% .Not to mention a whole shift of staff. So no, it is not nonsense, it hurts.

But it's only for 3 days!

Says who??

• Like 1

My heart bleeds. This place was going down the pan 15 years ago. I almost wept when I saw it (most probably for the last time) Christmas 2012. Let's hope these greedy falang-bashing filthy rich Thai folks start to appreciate the importance of tourism and the income and support it feeds this country rather than taking us all for granted. Prices in Thailand need to fall at least 30%. The Baht needs to go back to where it sould be, and where is was for years, which is 66-70 to £1. They should stop letting western dregs of society enter the kingdom which give us all a bad name and start changing their racist and ignorant attitudes to those educated non-Thai professionals who want to work and invest in the country. Thailand used to be the most beautiful place on earth. It's now thriving on a long-part reputation which does not reflect the current mess it's in. This coup is exactly what was needed to bang together the heads of some very greedy, corrupt, dumbass politicians who are intent on ruining Thailand for their own gains. How can u have democracy with the likes of Yingluck and Thaksin behaving the way they do? It's an absolute joke.

• Like 1

OK I have to admit that I hadn't considered that there were perhaps many people, tourists and residents that usually spend most of their time outside of their homes/hotels. In these cases it's a lifestyle change being imposed on them.

Regarding the current situation that the country is in, hopefully at the end of the day the medicine will cure the illness.

Get a Laptop, internet is still working :), at least, for now....

"Patong, known throughout the world for its throbbing nightlifeXXXXXX"

That's Thai PR speak for ". . . international infamous cesspit of sexual exploitation and depravity, characterised by violence, obscenity, crime and corruption haunted mainly by male sex tourists and pedophiles".

What rubbish!!!

If you're going to use the P-word, at least learn how to spell it correctly.

Maybe he meant podophiles , (foot fetishers ). Patong Beach -hub of flip-flops .

Sexpests are females?

Nah.....you meant blokes and you're a bloke too.......as am I.

You play for the pink team, do you?

Very drole Karen.

With a handle like yours....you can label (wrongly) that others are in the pink team! What a hoot!!

Here's a hint for you harleyclarkey.........look at my avatar.