Patong faces ruin if curfew continues, says entertainment boss

Lite Beer

take away the hookers, the drugs, the nightlfe and the city dies ?

i await to see the crime results the next week, if they dropped, keep the army there forever

logic would dictate a rise in a different sort of crime to compensate for lost wages.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to laugh at that quote ''Patong is known worldwide for its 'Throbbing Night LIfe'' ???

I dont think so,its known as a Sleaze Pitt , similar to ''Pattaya''...

London New York Milan ... Yes, thats known for ''Throbbing Night LIfe'' ....

throbbing nightlife may pertain to under the sheets activities

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Not going out ok, but in the room no TV channels working! bah.gif So, the DVD players and DVDs are sold out? blink.png

OK I have to admit that I hadn't considered that there were perhaps many people, tourists and residents that usually spend most of their time outside of their homes/hotels. In these cases it's a lifestyle change being imposed on them.

Regarding the current situation that the country is in, hopefully at the end of the day the medicine will cure the illness.

I sit in Udon Thani, countryside, TRUE MOVE still off! blink.png

Your internet is cut?

Big cry babies...the amount of money they have squirreled away with their prices for everything over the years.....if they cannot hold themselves out over a few days or even weeks, then they should not be in business being such pee poor managers.

EXACLTY!!!! Never heard such nonsense!

My shop is not in Patong, but, I am open 24/7 normally, and this curfew cut yesterdays revenue 60% .Not to mention a whole shift of staff. So no, it is not nonsense, it hurts.

Of course it hurts, but businesses adjust and this situation is not going to end in ruin……as the headline seems to make out.

If a business is not open 24 hrs…..then it does have 24 hr costs, less staff hours, electricity, less stock to buy. Like i say, it isn't a great position to be in for a business owner, but for a few days, it is not the end of the world. Just look at it as a time to get some relax time in.

Edited by arisaje

how neat, everybody can take a rest for a few days !! if they cannot survive they should have hired better managers,

Many people suggesting it should not be a big deal for a restaurant , shop or bar to close early for a few days. That is what I probably would have thought before 1985, when I opened my first restaurant (sitting typing this in the fifth one now)

Now I know all too well, that it is a big deal if you have to close for periods that you normally would have been open. You simply need the turnover to pay the bills.

Most of the profit in the restaurant/bar trade is in selling the business at some point. As long as you are running the place, you can live on it, but you really don't make that much money, because the costs are so high. And you make very, very long hours.

Sexpests are females?

Nah.....you meant blokes and you're a bloke too.......as am I.

You play for the pink team, do you?

Very drole Karen.

With a handle like yours....you can label (wrongly) that others are in the pink team! What a hoot!!

Here's a hint for you harleyclarkey.........look at my avatar.

Try to stay on topic Karen.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bangla Rd. at 1230am this morning.

IMG_6072.jpg

And not one of them pointing at you NJ........................sad.png

Still, under the circumstances and the hardware some are carrying, its really not such a bad thing, eh?

tongue.png

Big cry babies...the amount of money they have squirreled away with their prices for everything over the years.....if they cannot hold themselves out over a few days or even weeks, then they should not be in business being such pee poor managers.

EXACLTY!!!! Never heard such nonsense!

My shop is not in Patong, but, I am open 24/7 normally, and this curfew cut yesterdays revenue 60% .Not to mention a whole shift of staff. So no, it is not nonsense, it hurts.

The big players probably won't be hurt that much as they will have made enough anyway but it's different for smaller operations like yours and the staff. Those are the ones that will be suffering. Hopefully the curfew won't last too long.

Good luck to you.

I sit in Udon Thani, countryside, TRUE MOVE still off! blink.png

Your internet is cut?

Satellite TV, I meant, True Visions sorry rolleyes.gif but now OK, since today, only News channels off! blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO