BANGKOK 22 March 2019 04:42
george

Update the map on Toyota built-in GPS - quoted 34,000 Baht

So you guys can't navigate using a regular map and road signs? Are you offroaders?

• Like 1

Toyota way too expensive on many accessories etc.

Eight months ago we bought a new Avanza, came with two sets of keys (with the remote to open / close doors etc).

We asked for the price on of extra set of keys ( with the remote.....)

We got two shocks:

1. Price 5,800Baht for a set plus the cost of delivery from Japan.

2. Dumb (but beautiful) sales girl tried to give my Thai daughter in law a blunt lecture about how we should make our family arrangements to ensure original keys are passed around as needed. Son Thai stepped in and scolded the girl for her insolence. Sales girl got annoyed and told my daughter in law she was rude to even ask about extra keys in the first place.

You lucky! With the top of the stable Chevrolet Trailblazer they gave me one copy of electronic key and one emergency plain key.

Additional one is 6000 Baht on order

So you guys can't navigate using a regular map and road signs? Are you offroaders?

We can, but I believe that was not the TOPIC.

• Like 1

I've got a 2 Garmin units and a Garmin App on my iPhone. COMBINED still cheaper than the Toyota map upgrade!

• Like 1

Sorry Peter, once you go GPS, you'll never go back to a paper map again.

Ever.

Dinosaurs died out long ago.

Some interesting comments on GPS on the site. I just purchased a new toyota Vigo 4dr and was told that GPS is not available on my DVD and must purchase it by the month from a local company. They transmit it to the vehicle. New one on me.

My wife was to quick to buy this thing. It is beautiful but am finding so much lacking on it. I screwed up and did not check it out that much as the wife was in love and I was on stupid.

On 24/05/2014 at 8:16 AM, angiud said:
On 24/05/2014 at 5:04 AM, scorecard said:

Toyota way too expensive on many accessories etc.

Eight months ago we bought a new Avanza, came with two sets of keys (with the remote to open / close doors etc).

We asked for the price on of extra set of keys ( with the remote.....)

We got two shocks:

1. Price 5,800Baht for a set plus the cost of delivery from Japan.

2. Dumb (but beautiful) sales girl tried to give my Thai daughter in law a blunt lecture about how we should make our family arrangements to ensure original keys are passed around as needed. Son Thai stepped in and scolded the girl for her insolence. Sales girl got annoyed and told my daughter in law she was rude to even ask about extra keys in the first place.

You lucky! With the top of the stable Chevrolet Trailblazer they gave me one copy of electronic key and one emergency plain key.

Additional one is 6000 Baht on order

Alarm fob keys can be made at most small key cutting places for about 1,000bt

• Like 1

Bought a new Mitsubishi Pajero with sat nav advertised in it. Yes it has sat nav but must pay an extra 15,000 for the modem. I thought if they advertised sat nav in the vehicle then it must be functioning. Guess i was wrong.

Edited by callaway

On 24/05/2014 at 1:12 AM, indothai said:

I've got a 2007 Camry DVD Navigator and when I purchased the car they assured me that the upgrade was free under warranty. Utter bull !! 1 month before the warranty expired they said there was no update and explained that it's on the way and could incur a minor charge, asking how much they said they did not know but assured that it shouldn't be much.

Sure as turd, 1 month after the warranty expired I called again and they said the upgrade would cost 30,xxx baht. I was extremely pissed, emailed all the way to Toyota Japan.... the result... NADA. Toyota does not care about their customers. Their sales are complete useless and bullturd artists, and their technicians are back-alley hacks.

ok..ok.. i'm probably wrong about their technicians, but their management are full of turd...

To this day, my navigation unit is years old, still missing Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Ask me if I'll every buy a Toyota in Thailand again..... I love to give the answer.

Yep.... same here - I have a 2008 Camry Navigator. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A TOYOTA AGAIN !!!!!!!!! Lanna Toyota please note!!!!

Bought a new Mitsubishi Pajero with sat nav advertised in it. Yes it has sat nav but must pay an extra 15,000 for the modem. I thought if they advertised sat nav in the vehicle then it must be functioning. Guess i was wrong.

Same for me, got everything except the modem thingy. Thats 23k extra.

Sod that, bought a 2nd hand gps hand held unit for 1900k instead.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I got quoted last year 75000 for the Toyota GPS. now using my phone and it works perfect. I would like to have a built in unit, but they seem to be very expensive. Anybody any luck with after market units?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bought a Tom Tom in Australia some years ago and has world wide maps available for about $50 (TBH1500) for a 2 year subscription. They give new map updates about every 6 months. Suits me fine although some of the routes in Thailand are badly in need of an update. A combination of the device and common sense prevails.