The Expats Association Of North East Thailand

george

• 10 months later...

Hi George! Well just surfing the posts this A.M. Here in Texas thinking about sunny Thailand on this winter day here. What do you want to develop out of this forum? I live in the Ban Than area of Chaiyaphum when in Thailand..Good air,water,rice and SomO to say the least!!! Not too far from Khon Kaen..Not yet retired but staying more and more in Thailand every year for the past 9 years. Seems you are a pretty dominate informist on many subjects and forum post..been there done that also. Construction,Oilfield,Agriculture,Sales etc. Glad to help with any questions that are asked..Sincerely, David M. Murin

Forgive me if I am missing something....but why is a post from nearly a year ago for a site that cannot be accessed attracting so much interest today???? :o

I agree that George is the font of so much knowledge, however I am still confused :D

If there is an Issan expats association where is it based? When does it meet? How do you join?

Please advise..... :D

Forgive me if I am missing something....but why is a post from nearly a year ago for a site that cannot be accessed attracting so much interest today????  :D

Because someone revived the thread and the rest of us didn't notice the date of the original post! :o

Well that answers part of my question, thank you :D

But I will ask again.......

If there is a NE Thailand Expats Association where is it based? When does it meet? How do you join?

I think it is based in Korat, as i know they all meet in a bar there once a month, sorry but i cannot remember which bar it is.

Thanks Thaicoon.

Can anyone else help?????

I would like to join, especially if they meet in a bar :o

Put this on my search engine this afternoon, no joy, it has just vanished, when i signed up to it about 7 months ago there were only about 15 members, not much information then as i think it was just starting, but i know for definate they meet in a bar in Korat, i think the first Saturday of every month, there must be a member on this site from Korat who could get more info.

Put this on my search engine this afternoon, no joy, it has just vanished, when i signed up to it about 7 months ago there were only about 15 members, not much information then as i think it was just starting, but i know for definate they meet in a bar in Korat, i think the first Saturday of every month, there must be a member on this site from Korat who could get more info.

I hope so :o

I live about 40kms outside Korat and would like to meet other expats, other than the cursory hello when walking by eachother in the Mall.

I spend about 2/3rds of my time here and the other 1/3rd back in London.

If you can fill in the gaps about where the meetings are held please do so.

I live about 40kms outside Korat and would like to meet other expats, other than the cursory hello when walking by eachother in the Mall.

I hear from Etienne at Europe Guest House every now and then, amongst others and the guys do meet up but not sure if there's an active website for NE Expats Assoc. Ross??? You might also email Frank via http://www.thekoratpost.com

Here's another link you guys might try but it's dated as well:

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/forum/foru...asp?TID=72&PN=2

daniel

Edited by bahtandsold

Dereklev: So you didn't like any of the suggested meeting places mentioned in your thread concerning "any go go bars in Korat" (back beginning of Dec 2004)? :D

Dereklev: So you didn't like any of the suggested meeting places mentioned in your thread concerning "any go go bars in Korat" (back beginning of Dec 2004)? :D

Ken: between having guests, returning to London and other things like a new born son, no have not had time yet.

Will do so soon, like the sound of the Pasinee you mention in the Korat Bar & Grill thread. Maybe see you there one morning for a beer or two. :D

I would still like to know if anyone knows where the NE Thailand Expats meet :D

Ken: between having guests, returning to London and other things like a new born son, no have not had time yet.

Will do so soon, like the sound of the Pasinee you mention in the Korat Bar & Grill thread. Maybe see you there one morning for a beer or two. :o

I would still like to know if anyone knows where the NE Thailand Expats meet  :D

Pasinee (Mike's place) for a beer or two sounds good to me. :D

I to wonder about the NE Thailand Expats. Doing a bit of google search I have come up with the following:

4. EXPATS’S ASSOCIATION OF NORTH EAST THAILAND

Object: An association formed to “watch our backs”, provide advice on medical, legal, banking, business etc.

Monthly meeting on the last Saturday of each month.

Venue: NUMBER 1 BAR / RESTAURANT

37/7 Na Muang road

Central Khon Kaen

Email: Jim [email protected]

Email: Peter [email protected]

note I found this info at this URL:Expat's Clubs

It looks like there are meetings in Khon Kaen, not Korat.

edit: Oh yea "dereklev", congrats on the new addition to your family.

be_happy_prev.gif

Edited by Ken

Will do so soon, like the sound of the Pasinee you mention in the Korat Bar & Grill thread. Maybe see you there one morning for a beer or two. :D

I would still like to know if anyone knows where the NE Thailand Expats meet  :D

Pasinee (Mike's place) for a beer or two sounds good to me. :D

I to wonder about the NE Thailand Expats. Doing a bit of google search I have come up with the following:

4. EXPATS’S ASSOCIATION OF NORTH EAST THAILAND

Object: An association formed to “watch our backs”, provide advice on medical, legal, banking, business etc.

Monthly meeting on the last Saturday of each month.

Venue: NUMBER 1 BAR / RESTAURANT

37/7 Na Muang road

Central Khon Kaen

Email: Jim [email protected]

Email: Peter [email protected]

note I found this info at this URL:Expat's Clubs

It looks like there are meetings in Khon Kaen, not Korat.

edit: Oh yea "dereklev", congrats on the new addition to your family.

be_happy_prev.gif

Khon Kaen is a bit far for me, maybe we can form a breakaway Korat branch for those of us who live in this area :o

Ken: thanks for searching out the info and for your congrats on our new arrival, he is lovely :D

Is there a particular day you go to Mike's Place?????

I can confirm that the NE Expats Association meet on the last Saturday of the month in the Number One Bar in Khon Kaen with the next meeting being tomorrow Saturday 29th Jan.

There was no meeting in December because of Christmas but they did meet up for a Christmas picnic at the Khon Kaen horse race track on race day.

Other than one meeting where they went up to Udon Thani, I don't think I missed a meeting last year. It can be interesting and a chance to meet other farangs, swap notes etc. and it also gives the ladies a chance to meet and gossip about us. Not that they need any encouragement on that score !

There is also an active 10 pin bowling group on a Tuesday evening and there's a few who play cricket too. Not at the same time.

I will make a point of asking the chairman (Geoff) about the web site and post the results here. I remember it being mentioned at the end of November meeting but not what was said.

Lung Bing

I went to the meeting last night and asked the secretary, Dave, about the web site. He said they have just changed to a new host and as soon as they have confirmed the name of the new site he will email all members on his list.

As soon as I receive this email I will post the name of the site.

By the way, a few members did turn up at the race track for a Christmas

picnic, but there wasn't a race meet that day!

Lung Bing