BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Jai Dee

Government To Spend 1,000 Million Baht On Publicizing Tourism

Government to spend 1,000 million baht on publicizing tourism

The government will spend over 1,000 million baht to publicize tourism following continuous growth in the business after the celebration on the 60th Anniversary of His Majesty the King’s Accession to the Throne.

Deputy Prime Minister Suwat Liptapanlop (สุวัจน์ ลิปตพัลลภ ) said that the visits of Royal guests to many areas of Thailand are deemed a good opportunity for Thailand to boost its tourism and economy as well.

He said that the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will use this occasion to constantly publicize tourism and that the government is considering the budget for the campaign.

The budget request is expected to be proposed to the cabinet meeting within 2 weeks.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 16 June 2006

Well, now we know why they have to double the national park fees.

1 billion.

ya stole MY line... :D

I thought I was the official English-language helper for TNNBPRD headlines... :D

I know I was a bit tardy with this one but I was indisposed looking up information on, coincidentally enough :D , SBK's reference to the National Park fee doubling... oh well... guess I'll just have to settle for the great addition I made to that thread... :o

*edit*

Upon further reflection, with the volume of traffic they generate and the amount of need they help, there's certainly room for more than one helper for TNNBPRD.... :D

Edited by sriracha john

penzman

Today, 2006-06-16 09:43:54

sriracha john

post Today, 2006-06-16 10:31:42

Get to the office earlier. Traffic this morning? :o

Perhaps they should divert the funds to solve the problems in the South first.

Without action to solve the problems in the South, any money spent on Tourism will be wasted.

More paint does not fix the problem.

Sure it does, just ask your local Thai trades man.

Have crack in wall – here is paint.

Have crack in foundation – here is paint.

Have crack in head – welcome to Thailand government office.

sbk – Now that’s a lot of visits to National Parks

Perhaps they should spend some of that money cleaning up the problems that cause a lot of tourists to stay away. You already know what I talk about.

Perhaps they should spend some of that money cleaning up the problems that cause a lot of tourists to stay away. You already know what I talk about.

Are you kidding me, haven't you seen all the pretty flowers they placed out along Sukhumvit – being that it was one of the routs many of the foreign dignitaries took while passing thru town. In Thailand they rarely “clean” anything – they cover everything – please see painting post above.

Please note flowers are potted to allow for easy removal once they die.

The question to ask is who owns the PR companies the money will be spent with. Nothing to do with current polticians of course...........

The question to ask is who owns the PR companies the money will be spent with. Nothing to do with current polticians of course...........

Shame on you for even thinking such a thing... :o

An audit on productivity within the TAT would be a great start. How much will a feasibilty study cost to decide on hiring a few bright sparks to run the tourism arm of the country? :o

How much will a feasibilty study cost to decide on hiring a few bright sparks to run the tourism arm of the country? :o

So you want to do that, too? Probably ought to see if we can't get that proposed budget increased to 1,250 million baht. :D

I stopped going to the TAT for information years ago. Seems like they generally know less about an area or an upcoming event than I do.

Edited by ovenman

I dont think the word "audit" appears in any Thai company... ever.

If they want to create a better tourism market, they need to clean up the countries image, something that IMHO money will not fix, this is a band aid solution at best.