60 days extensions for visiting wife

I have tried to get the information from the website of the Thai immigration - without success.

So with all the uncertainty going on at the moment I would to be happy if anybody could help me out with my, I guess, pretty standard visa question.

I have a triple entry tourist visa from a consulate in Germany.

It was issued at the beginning of February and I came to Thailand a few days later.

After two months I received an extension of stay for another 30 days at Lad Phrao.

At the beginning of May I left the country and after coming back I used my second entry which gave me another 60 days until the beginning of July.

I am married to my Thai wife and we stay in Thailand together.

But it is pretty certain that we have to go back to Europe at the end of August.

Now my question ...

If I apply for another 30 day extension in Bangkok at the beginning of July I would have to take further action at the beginning of August.

So, is it possible for me to "take my wife" so that we go to Lad Phrao (or maybe Chaeng Wattana then) and apply for an extension of stay based on the reason of visiting my wife. If so this would give me 60 days until the end of August at which time it seems that we have to leave anyway.

I have some more minor questions regarding prerequisites for this but I guess I wait for your answers if this extension can be made by me.

Thank you all

Yes, that is possible.

But you must apply at the office for the region where your wife is officially registered or if she lives elsewhere with proof of her actual address, such as utility bill or rental contract.

Depending on your precise plans you could in July just apply for the 60 day extension instead of the 30 day first. Saves you the price of an extra extension.

• Like 1

Thank you Mario2008 for your quick response?

Well I guess that means making a road trip to the north since my wife is not registered in Bangkok.

Is this extension pretty much same straightforward as the 30 days extension?

How much is it?

And are there any special prerequisites? Money in bank? Proof of income?

Can I do this extension at any time before my current 2 months are over or should I do it close to the end of my current 2 months?

If I get this 2 months extension ... what happens afterwards. Is another 30 day extension possible?

Usually we have to go back to Europe at the end of August. My wife is waiting for her German visa at the moment.

But just in case we change our plans on a short notice and would like to stay a little bit longer.

Since my current triple entry tourist visa states August 2nd as the "Enter before" date I will lose my last entry by doing this 2-months extension.

Is that correct?

Any better ideas?

Many questions, I know.

Thanks again

If you have an address in Bangkok you can put on the application and show some proof of it you could do it in Bangkok.

You wife will need to go to immigration with you. You will need your marriage certificate, your wife's house book and ID card plus copies of them.

All extensions cost 1900 baht.

You can do the extension during the last 30 days of your entry.

You could do the 30 day extension first and then try for the 60 days after that one ends. You would not be able to do the 30 day one after the 60 day extension.

You could still use the 3rd entry after getting the extension as long as you do it before your visa expires.

I have a 1 year non-o multi entry Visa,, without leaving the country, I had to go to the local Ampher with 2 witnesses who live in the same soi I live , and state that I have been living with my thai wife at the Home address, then I received a Yellow Home address Book, paid 1,900 baht at immigration police and received my 60 entry visa , after that I still had to make a border run to Mae Sot to get a 90 day. Funny, after paying for a 1 year multi-entry Visa, still have to pay additional money to stay every 60-90 days

Vi2004 being blunt but there are numerous telephone number to ring Immigration about this and they do answer and speak English I personally use them, they probably do not speak German. Spend about 5 Baht and hear it from the people that's job it is to know the facts of Immigration.

I received a 60 extension in Phuket lst year to "Visit my Thai wife". I had a one year multiple entry non-immigrant OA Visa issued by the Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C.. This was automatically extended for another 12 months when I re-entered Thailand from the U.S. just under a year later. I didn't realize that the multiple entry part of the visa did not extend, and the next time I re-entered they told me my visa was no good since I didn't have a re-entry permit.

I was given 30 days at the airport, and went to the immigration office in Phuket a few weeks later to apply for an additional 60 days to visit my wife. There was a little drama when the first immigration officer told me he could only give me an additional seven days, but then he told me to go see someone in the second row of desks. Once I got to the right section there was no problem. I told them what I wanted, presented my passport and copies of my passport, visa, and marriage documents and we were done pretty quickly.

btw I did this today on my 30 day visa exempt entry and did it about a year ago on my non-o visa.

Last time I had my marriage certificate but they said I should have another paper from the Amphur but will allow it this time.

Problem is I don't know exactly the name of this document (kor something) but after the last extension I got it and today they did ask for it an luckily I had it with me.

The marriage certificate has number 3 at the back and this other document has number 2 on the back.

@FiestyFarang: Not sure if I understood your post correctly. Are you saying I have been blunt? When?

Mai pen rai.

Honestly I prefer to hear from the experts here on TV since I know some of them are always up-to-date.

And also about the personal experiences of members here who are really affected by these things.

And of course I ask myself if the people who might be the authors of the Immigration Website can really help me out since this website really confuses me.

I have an english menu and click on "Visa" and there is only one word in a dropdown and that is in Thai.

I would call myself web-savvy but this website is not really informative and does not inspire much confidence to me ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to revive this thread.

But since my wife and me want to go to Chaeng Wattana soon I would be pleased to get some clarification from you guys.

ubonjoe, you said that I can do the extension during the last 30 days of my entry.

The stamp in my passport says that I am admitted to stay until the end of June.

So if I do the extension in the next days would I get a permission to stay until the end of August (60 days starting to count from my current admission to stay date)?

Or are they going to grant 60 more days starting from the date of application (our visit at Chaeng Wattana)?

As I said my wife is not registered in Bangkok.

ubonjoe said that this is not a problem if we can show some proof of our address in BKK.

We currently live here in hotel / residence mix extending from month to month.

Might this be a problem since with all the crackdown news going on I read somewhere that "tourist don't rent an apartment" (or if they do they are not tourists)?

Thanks a lot again for your help

Sorry to revive this thread.

But since my wife and me want to go to Chaeng Wattana soon I would be pleased to get some clarification from you guys.

ubonjoe, you said that I can do the extension during the last 30 days of my entry.

The stamp in my passport says that I am admitted to stay until the end of June.

So if I do the extension in the next days would I get a permission to stay until the end of August (60 days starting to count from my current admission to stay date)?

Or are they going to grant 60 more days starting from the date of application (our visit at Chaeng Wattana)?

As I said my wife is not registered in Bangkok.

ubonjoe said that this is not a problem if we can show some proof of our address in BKK.

We currently live here in hotel / residence mix extending from month to month.

Might this be a problem since with all the crackdown news going on I read somewhere that "tourist don't rent an apartment" (or if they do they are not tourists)?

Thanks a lot again for your help

You can apply now..

The extension will start from your current permit to stay date at the end of this month,

The "crackdown" has nothing to do with getting extensions.

A receipt for your room should be enough to apply. Just be sure that is the address you put on the TM7 application form.

Thank you very much ubonjoe.

Everything went fine at Chaeng Watthana

... although I have to say that the immigration officer was a little bit reluctant to grant 60 days instead of 30.

I was expecting to maybe being refused since we did not go to the office of my wife's registration or due to a missing document.

I did not expect that the 60 days might be an issue.

But as I said .. everything went fine.

Thanks again.

Edited by vi2004

I received a 60 extension in Phuket lst year to "Visit my Thai wife". I had a one year multiple entry non-immigrant OA Visa issued by the Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C.. This was automatically extended for another 12 months when I re-entered Thailand from the U.S. just under a year later. I didn't realize that the multiple entry part of the visa did not extend, and the next time I re-entered they told me my visa was no good since I didn't have a re-entry permit.

I was given 30 days at the airport, and went to the immigration office in Phuket a few weeks later to apply for an additional 60 days to visit my wife. There was a little drama when the first immigration officer told me he could only give me an additional seven days, but then he told me to go see someone in the second row of desks. Once I got to the right section there was no problem. I told them what I wanted, presented my passport and copies of my passport, visa, and marriage documents and we were done pretty quickly.

Did your wife had to join you at immigration to get the extension or did you go alone?

Anyone?

Edited by ivowatson

I went there together with my wife.

And from what I have read here on the forum this is recommended - maybe even obligatory.

Edit: Oh sorry, I thought ivowatson's question was for me. Never mind

Edited by vi2004

• 4 years later...
On 5/27/2014 at 7:58 AM, Mario2008 said:

khor rhor 2, the entry into the marriage register. It would also show that you are still married, reason why immirgation wants it.

that is all funny, but how the hell do they know overthere you are still married... studies games of paper trail, does the amphur make a home visit ???