Thai rice-pledging scheme: Farmers overjoyed as payments begin

webfact

Relieved to know farmers are finally paid. That is a positive move & let hope this will continue next priority.

They are not paid. After presenting their vouchers to the Baac they are exchanged for an IOU from the Baac in which the Baac in 7 to 14 days will notify the farmer that he/she has the cash in his/her account.

I'm in shock. Wife has been in the Que sense November 19, 2013. She has just returned from the local Baac with her iou. She was told to come back TOMORROW FOR CASH.clap2.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relieved to know farmers are finally paid. That is a positive move & let hope this will continue next priority.

They are not paid. After presenting their vouchers to the Baac they are exchanged for an IOU from the Baac in which the Baac in 7 to 14 days will notify the farmer that he/she has the cash in his/her account.

I'm in shock. Wife has been in the Que sense November 19, 2013. She has just returned from the local Baac with her iou. She was told to come back TOMORROW FOR CASH.clap2.gifthumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif Super-Prayuth did it clap2.gif

better than 3 or 4 years of endless lies and come back and get it in 3 months.

Edited by gemini81

My advice to Thai farmers (and all 3rd world farmers), don't look to your government or your "betters" in society for help. These people will first and foremost be looking to help themselves. Instead farmers need to organise their own coops to grow and sell their product. By in bulk, negotiate best prices, sell as a block, and negotiate with the banks as a group. This way control will stay with those who actually produce the single most important product on the earth, and those who currently have the least control of their lives.

• Like 1

My advice to Thai farmers (and all 3rd world farmers), don't look to your government or your "betters" in society for help. These people will first and foremost be looking to help themselves. Instead farmers need to organise their own coops to grow and sell their product. By in bulk, negotiate best prices, sell as a block, and negotiate with the banks as a group. This way control will stay with those who actually produce the single most important product on the earth, and those who currently have the least control of their lives.

It is indeed their mindset of dependency that keeps them from breaking new ground, thinking as a community or thinking outside the box. To rely on the government is asking to be oppressed, as goes with about anywhere..unless maybe you're a Scandinavian or whatever, the jackpot exception..

Edited by gemini81

Great news that the farmers are getting paid, they have used as pawns for too long.

The Junta has been allowed to get the loans that the democratically elected government was denied.

Really a shame Yingluck failed to provide for the farmers before she dissolved parliament.

Why was that?

Great news that the farmers are getting paid, they have used as pawns for too long.

The Junta has been allowed to get the loans that the democratically elected government was denied.

Really a shame Yingluck failed to provide for the farmers before she dissolved parliament.

Why was that?

It's hardly worth the time trying to tell the truth about who was at fault. Clearly the PTP for failing to pay on the due date/s.

We seem to have lost about 5 pro posters since the army took over , but here is one holding out to the end, along with his mate on this thread.

They are here surely to wind you up, as they will not accept reality. It is not a difference of opinion (which is healthy) it's objecting to the truth --this is their way onTVF. very poor losers, same as the PTP/reds.

This payment was approaved by the government already before the coup. There is no way in the world someone can walk into a office on Friday and start dishing out Money early Monday morning. Rice was sold- money was made- farmers get paid.

"This payment was approaved by the government already before the coup" and the farmers had numerous broken promises from the last corrupt administration.

"There is no way in the world someone can walk into a office on Friday and start dishing out Money early Monday morning". Well the military did.

"Rice was sold- money was made- farmers get paid. " a long time over due.

of course that's right, great news though and the coup will take the credit but the reality is the banks were ordered to do it when they did not previously for political reasons

whatever I'm pleased for the farmers who have severely suffered

No need for the BS again again again, The government did not pay when they were active as a government of sorts. Had every chance and you apologists seek to blame the banks. The banks did NOT trust the PTP to pay back.

You know the truth of why and when the payments were supposed to have been paid so why spin the lie ???----your a sorry loser, you should be embarrassed about your post.

yes we know the truth... and the banks are now giving, giving, giving I wonder why? laugh.png

No. The junta has been allowed to get the loans the democratically elected government couldn't be trusted with.

• Like 1

There you go again, the democratically elected government didn't pay the farmers and then the caretaker government (one and the same) could not get the loans. Dr. give it a rest we all know what happened you just keep making your self look foolish.

I have been waiting for TV's rabid reds to comment "It was Suthep...he's a fascist you know"

Rather amazing the Military have only been I power a few days and they have already started to try and get this problem resolved, how long were the PTP sitting on this and making hollow promises every week ?

Reminds of the old saying "where there's a will, there's a way"......the PTP where more interested in lining their own pockets.

Which ever side of the political fence you sit on, one has to admit the Military are being very decisive and acting very quickly

I wouldn't like to be the Bank Manager that said no to the General? The armed force's are writing their own rules; is the reason why they could get the money. Plus the kudos that goes with paying the bill.

Posted Today, 11:09

POPULAR

Dr Bruce, on 27 May 2014 - 06:43, said:snapback.png

of course that's right, great news though and the coup will take the credit but the reality is the banks were ordered to do it when they did not previously for political reasons

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may well be true, but a bit of clout works wonders and the farmers hopefully will get their promissory note's exchanged for real cash!

Why was that?

It's hardly worth the time trying to tell the truth about who was at fault. Clearly the PTP for failing to pay on the due date/s.

We seem to have lost about 5 pro posters since the army took over , but here is one holding out to the end, along with his mate on this thread.

They are here surely to wind you up, as they will not accept reality. It is not a difference of opinion (which is healthy) it's objecting to the truth --this is their way onTVF. very poor losers, same as the PTP/reds.

"very poor losers, same as the PTP/reds"

Winners and losers...... I didn't realise that this was a game. Maybe to some keyboard warriors, this is nothing more than Dungeons and Dragons or Warcraft. But to those of us that live here and have family here, it is about moving the country forward. We want what's best for the country as this will translate what's best for those of us that live here.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

at last their suffering will end - some good news

??? "suffering will end"....what about next season....have you ever planted rice? Done a harvest? Try it once and you'll have a much clearer understanding of suffering.

Typical of your red dribble. You only posted two sentences but you managed to somehow fit in the words "democratically elected government".

Tell you what Dr, go and visit one of the many villages that have felt the effects of being screwed over by the very government they voted into power (although they did get paid for their vote at least) or even better still one of the villages where some poor farmer took his own life because he could not pay the bills, and tell those people that at least PTP was democratically elected.

If you were lucky you would only get tarred and feathered, if we were lucky, much worse. Go spread your inane red propaganda in those villages, please ! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

??? "suffering will end"....what about next season....have you ever planted rice? Done a harvest? Try it once and you'll have a much clearer understanding of suffering.

I had a go at cutting rice with a sickle down at my wife's family farm a couple of years ago. Could not imagine doing that all day. And I imagine planting etc would be just as backbreaking.

No need for the BS again again again, The government did not pay when they were active as a government of sorts. Had every chance and you apologists seek to blame the banks. The banks did NOT trust the PTP to pay back.

You know the truth of why and when the payments were supposed to have been paid so why spin the lie ???----your a sorry loser, you should be embarrassed about your post.

yes we know the truth... and the banks are now giving, giving, giving I wonder why? laugh.png

Thick is not the word. banks trust the money will be returned DOH..Ha Ha your government could not be trusted with anything that's why they are HAS BEANS.-----why post stupid if you know the truth ??

• Like 1

I had a go at cutting rice with a sickle down at my wife's family farm a couple of years ago. Could not imagine doing that all day. And I imagine planting etc would be just as backbreaking.

The suffering will end as far as the money paid back is concerned for sure, these folks need the money to live on, many had to borrow at high pack rates because PTP did not pay when they should have. big kick in the Rs to the folk who voted them in.

MM, I have many a time stood in line hand cutting in the heat all day, no wonder they drink and sleep a lot. tough work, and difficult to say finished with rice, go and get work, as near all--it's all they know.

Planting knee deep in muddy water, phew.

• Like 1

You really have to pity these simpleton PTP supporters, they are easily lead astray and easily brainwashed. Thank god the military has taken over and restored hope to this country. I suspect we will soon see the demise of the red lovers on TV.They are simple minds and will be easily swayed to another cause. Its like you wipe away the crap (PTP) and underneath the veneer is a functioning country. Makes me wonder how they were allowed to run this country into the ground for so long. Good riddens.

• Like 2

Why was that?

"very poor losers, same as the PTP/reds"

Winners and losers...... I didn't realise that this was a game. Maybe to some keyboard warriors, this is nothing more than Dungeons and Dragons or Warcraft. But to those of us that live here and have family here, it is about moving the country forward. We want what's best for the country as this will translate what's best for those of us that live here.

Why pick this sentence out ?? I replied to a pro gov poster who repeatedly posted lies --about who's fault it was re farmers payments.

It was then I saw your name replying to my true post, it applies to you who have been posting the same rubbish for a long time.

The only GAME as you put it was these posters who denied everything PTP did wrong, does this still apply to you???

Not only you live here --didn't you realize we others have been here longer than you and have heard your excuses. PTP was not moving this country forward--BACKWARD refers to their thinking as well.

• Like 2

I said it at the start, and I am now more than convinced that a new direction for Thailand will be led by the steady hand that has forever led Thailand, and that good things will start to happen. I believe that the process of cleaning up the old, and bringing in the new mind set is well in play. A father, no matter how patient will only let his children squabble and fight, steal and lie for so long, before finally saying "Enough Is Enough" I believe that we will see the tide turn, I believe that slowly but surely corruption will be meted away and frowned upon, I believe that the good to come will be for the good of the people, not just individuals, and I believe that Thailand now has a chance to cleanse itself, rebuild it's reputation, and thrive. wai.gif

Utter drivel, Thailand has played this game many times before and it always turns out the same in the end.

People who have done nothing wrong are being detained right now and you think this is something to celebrate?

No one in this country apart from a few want corruption to truly end, the army have no interest in getting rid of corruption nor do the police nor do the majority of politicians so we will continue to around in circles for many years to come.

If I hear one more Thai telling me how the coup is really a good thing for the country......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_May_(1992)

• Like 1

There you go again, the democratically elected government didn't pay the farmers and then the caretaker government (one and the same) could not get the loans. Dr. give it a rest we all know what happened you just keep making your self look foolish.

I have been waiting for TV's rabid reds to comment "It was Suthep...he's a fascist you know"

Rather amazing the Military have only been I power a few days and they have already started to try and get this problem resolved, how long were the PTP sitting on this and making hollow promises every week ?

Reminds of the old saying "where there's a will, there's a way"......the PTP where more interested in lining their own pockets.

Which ever side of the political fence you sit on, one has to admit the Military are being very decisive and acting very quickly

No one seems to be paying any attention to why Loans were not paid off.... It is my firm belief that the "Caretaker Government" Knew they were not allowed by rules of the Constitution. Were happy with this, thus monies seem to disappear from the coffers... Then if questioned about missing funds, it would be an "Oh... we could not pay so monies were diverted elsewhere for other Projects...

Bullsh_t!! They disappeared to be found now in the People in Charge's pockets!! I am sorry I "RAISED THE SIZE OF THE PRINT HERE". But I did this for those..(Dr.) who seem to have an issue with reading... FACTS!!

The General's Staff (God Bless them for acting and following the actual Law!) is not stopped from completing tasks that have plagued Thailand. Since Senate, Constitution and other Cabinet Office have been desolved. What ever path Gen. Prayuth takes is actually Legal, He has not to answer to anyone... Except the people of Thailand and his Maker!!

The Constitution forbid the Caretaker Government from Paying Our Farmers... But they chose to not release this information to the People! Instead they were Happy collecting what they could thus filling their own Coffers!

Since The Constitution has been Disolved Under General Prayuth and our Military there is no "Binding" Law to saying issues can be stopped from proceeding. Farmers are being Paid, as Promised. People need to realize this is the First Time Ever (In Thailand) they are witnessing the actions of a Man who wishes to stop! and reverse the carnage being used against "All" the citizens of his "Beloved Thailand"!

If people open their eyes.... not stick their hands out for payments of Bribes. They will see the true Meaning of "Enough is Enough"!!

Those of you that know me... Know why I owe to Thailand, My Heart! If you want to continue to argue and ridicule you have that right, no one here will stop you (Maybe Military in Future... Knock..Knock.. on Door) I am an American, I love my Homeland... But I Owe Thailand, My Life..... in return I owe Thailand the last 45 years!!!

Thank You!

Your point is quite valid and well-made, but 45-years of living in a country, where you have only the human right to die, deserves a wai.gif, and anclap2.giffor that level of perseverence. Cheers.

I said it at the start, and I am now more than convinced that a new direction for Thailand will be led by the steady hand that has forever led Thailand, and that good things will start to happen. I believe that the process of cleaning up the old, and bringing in the new mind set is well in play. A father, no matter how patient will only let his children squabble and fight, steal and lie for so long, before finally saying "Enough Is Enough" I believe that we will see the tide turn, I believe that slowly but surely corruption will be meted away and frowned upon, I believe that the good to come will be for the good of the people, not just individuals, and I believe that Thailand now has a chance to cleanse itself, rebuild it's reputation, and thrive. wai.gif

Utter drivel, Thailand has played this game many times before and it always turns out the same in the end.

People who have done nothing wrong are being detained right now and you think this is something to celebrate?

No one in this country apart from a few want corruption to truly end, the army have no interest in getting rid of corruption nor do the police nor do the majority of politicians so we will continue to around in circles for many years to come.

If I hear one more Thai telling me how the coup is really a good thing for the country......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_May_(1992)

You cannot blame Thais, they ( and a lot of foreigners) are brainwashed by a media that is- by law- muzzled in spinning fai....C E N S O R E D

Until that's fixed, nothing can change. This is the real issue, everything else is a symptom.

The struggles are about upholding a fiefdom style, drac... C E N S O R E D

That link has an interesting refernce to True, another good reason to not patronize it other than its crap content

Edited by EBlair48

And you are still trolling trolling trolling, you and your equally desperate mate the Doc. Why don't you pair wrap it up. You have nothing left to fight for, in fact you never did have much. thumbsup.gif

Typical of your red dribble. You only posted two sentences but you managed to somehow fit in the words "democratically elected government".

Tell you what Dr, go and visit one of the many villages that have felt the effects of being screwed over by the very government they voted into power (although they did get paid for their vote at least) or even better still one of the villages where some poor farmer took his own life because he could not pay the bills, and tell those people that at least PTP was democratically elected.

If you were lucky you would only get tarred and feathered, if we were lucky, much worse. Go spread your inane red propaganda in those villages, please ! thumbsup.gif

I have a home in one of the villages that you talk of. I spend as much time as possible there when my work permits. I talk and listen a lot to the local people, they shape my views on Thailand.

• Like 1