Thai rice-pledging scheme: Farmers overjoyed as payments begin

webfact

of course that's right, great news though and the coup will take the credit but the reality is the banks were ordered to do it when they did not previously for political reasons

whatever I'm pleased for the farmers who have severely suffered

No need for the BS again again again, The government did not pay when they were active as a government of sorts. Had every chance and you apologists seek to blame the banks. The banks did NOT trust the PTP to pay back.

You know the truth of why and when the payments were supposed to have been paid so why spin the lie ???----your a sorry loser, you should be embarrassed about your post.

yes we know the truth... and the banks are now giving, giving, giving I wonder why? laugh.png

And you are still trolling trolling trolling, you and your equally desperate mate the Doc. Why don't you pair wrap it up. You have nothing left to fight for, in fact you never did have much. thumbsup.gif

I think fight might be too strong a word but I will continue to post. I believe that Thailand will oneday have another democratically elected government and that the people will be free of oppression.

Back on topic.

Most of the posters that have been here for a while must remember all the ways that the last elected government were blocked from getting the money to pay the farmers. Lots have said they should have put something in place before the disolution of the house, but seem to forget that the house should have only been disolved only until Feb 2nd.

edit to remove central quote (now below) to avoid limit.

"Great news that the farmers are getting paid, they have used as pawns for too long.

The Junta has been allowed to get the loans that the democratically elected government was denied."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the posters that have been here for a while must remember all the ways that the last elected government were blocked from getting the money to pay the farmers. Lots have said they should have put something in place before the disolution of the house, but seem to forget that the house should have only been disolved only until Feb 2nd.

Most of the posters remember that the caretaker government started to say they needed to loan 130 billion Baht to pay farmers. Before the Yingluck administration had said to need 270 billion on the RPPS from October 2013 and to have the funds.

As for dissolving the House on Election Day, do some reading before writing nonsense.

Great news that the farmers are getting paid, they have used as pawns for too long.

The Junta has been allowed to get the loans that the democratically elected government was denied.

Really a shame Yingluck failed to provide for the farmers before she dissolved parliament.

Why was that?

Because a "CARETAKER GOVERNMENT" by rules of the Constitution cannot move money around take out loans etc.... They Knew this but never set it o the Table so the Farmers and the rest of Thailand knew... it was BULL SH_T!! She didn't desolve, she was appointed as Caretaker... Which is what they... wanted! Knowing that the funds could not be made to Pay Farmers... Letting the greed for what was there get bagged and distributed accordingly to the High-So's wishes. Knowing Under the Caretaker Government Mode this would if ever be discovered...possibly years away!!

Boy were they supprised!

Thank you General Prayuth!!! (3 times!!!)

I said it at the start, and I am now more than convinced that a new direction for Thailand will be led by the steady hand that has forever led Thailand, and that good things will start to happen. I believe that the process of cleaning up the old, and bringing in the new mind set is well in play. A father, no matter how patient will only let his children squabble and fight, steal and lie for so long, before finally saying "Enough Is Enough" I believe that we will see the tide turn, I believe that slowly but surely corruption will be meted away and frowned upon, I believe that the good to come will be for the good of the people, not just individuals, and I believe that Thailand now has a chance to cleanse itself, rebuild it's reputation, and thrive. wai.gif

Utter drivel, Thailand has played this game many times before and it always turns out the same in the end.

People who have done nothing wrong are being detained right now and you think this is something to celebrate?

No one in this country apart from a few want corruption to truly end, the army have no interest in getting rid of corruption nor do the police nor do the majority of politicians so we will continue to around in circles for many years to come.

If I hear one more Thai telling me how the coup is really a good thing for the country......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_May_(1992)

Hmmm... "Another one... Gone down" .....Just like "Marie Lavoue" song. Anyone seeing that the color red here is starting to Bleach out???

""If I hear one more Thai telling me how the coup is really a good thing for the country......"

You will do what??? (Knock... Knock.... on your Door.....!) better answer it...

Thailand now has a chance to cleanse itself, rebuild it's reputation, and thrive.

If you are reading these comments here... truely read them (and Understand!) before you embarrass yourself again, for your sake!!

The tragedy is that it took a political coup & marshall law imposed to get the farmers paid. Welcome to the reality of how Thai people treat each other,...despite their smile.png faces.

Indeed, the simple fact is that the coup came because of the complete failure of the political system. Much to the chagrin of the conspiracy theorists I would imagine.

In a country with a functional political system you simply can't have a general bang on a table, say "that's it, I'm in charge now!" and that's that. Can't happen, no way Jose; tanks rolling and storming of Parliament yes, but not like it happened here.

Great news that the farmers are getting paid, they have used as pawns for too long.

The Junta has been allowed to get the loans that the democratically elected government was denied.

You know that is a lie.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Really a shame Yingluck failed to provide for the farmers before she dissolved parliament.

Why was that?

Because a "CARETAKER GOVERNMENT" by rules of the Constitution cannot move money around take out loans etc.... They Knew this but never set it o the Table so the Farmers and the rest of Thailand knew... it was BULL SH_T!! She didn't desolve, she was appointed as Caretaker... Which is what they... wanted! Knowing that the funds could not be made to Pay Farmers... Letting the greed for what was there get bagged and distributed accordingly to the High-So's wishes. Knowing Under the Caretaker Government Mode this would if ever be discovered...possibly years away!!

Boy were they supprised!

Thank you General Prayuth!!! (3 times!!!)

You're missing the point: Yingluck could have paid the farmers before PDRC took to the streets, or Yingluck could have provided for the farmers before dissolving parliament. Yingluck chose to do neither.

The fact that Yingluck chose not to provide for the farmers before dissolving parliament is a national disgrace.

The reason for that, IMHO, is that to get the money to pay the farmers the government would have had exposed their claims of the status of the scheme as lies. They had claimed before they had the money from sales, in truth they didn't (or it was "misplaced").

By the time they dissolved parliament they were desperately kicking the can forward, I don't know if they expected to win the election and keep hidding the losses or losing the election and blaming everything on the next guy, probably both.

• Like 2

I think it most likely the farmers will be paid. Its only a few days in to what is obviously a well designed coup.

All this leads to another possibility.

Will General Prayath stand aside from Army and form his own Government .

It must be hard for Thaksin not able to suck millions each week from his dirty Government.

The weakling responses to this coup from USA and UK are that they believe in democracy.

Well democracy is a way of Governing, not a way of sucking the life blood from Thailand.

I think Prayuth is here for a while

Edited by peterquixote

Eagerly awaiting comment from those TVF posters who happily supported the PTP stance of NOT paying the farmers.

Oh Ian, don't you know that time itself only started on the first day of the anti-government protests...before, there was only darkness. So it is clearly Suthep's fault that the farmers weren't paid. PTP had every intention to pay them...they said so, so it must be true...

I read somewhere that Suthep stopped the Government bank from paying the farmers, will try to find it somewhere. however, whoever is right or wrong i am happy the army sorted it out at long last

Eagerly awaiting comment from those TVF posters who happily supported the PTP stance of NOT paying the farmers.

Oh Ian, don't you know that time itself only started on the first day of the anti-government protests...before, there was only darkness. So it is clearly Suthep's fault that the farmers weren't paid. PTP had every intention to pay them...they said so, so it must be true...

I read somewhere that Suthep stopped the Government bank from paying the farmers, will try to find it somewhere. however, whoever is right or wrong i am happy the army sorted it out at long last

Don't bother; you'd just be wasting your time.

Most of the posters remember that the caretaker government started to say they needed to loan 130 billion Baht to pay farmers. Before the Yingluck administration had said to need 270 billion on the RPPS from October 2013 and to have the funds.

As for dissolving the House on Election Day, do some reading before writing nonsense.

Take a breath and read what he posted again.

He did not say the house was dissolved on Election Day. He said that under normal circumstances (where the PDRC would not have been allowed to disrupt the election, The EC would have carried out their duties and the Constitution Court would not nullify the election) a new government would have been in place after Feb. 2nd and in a better position to pay the rice farmers who had not been paid at that stage.

He did not say the house was dissolved on Election Day. He said that under normal circumstances (where the PDRC would not have been allowed to disrupt the election, The EC would have carried out their duties and the Constitution Court would not nullify the election) a new government would have been in place after Feb. 2nd and in a better position to pay the rice farmers who had not been paid at that stage.

You're right, I misread that part.

Still to suggest that the normal dissolution of the House lasting 'only' sixty days would be a period the farmers could wait easily is utter nonsense especially since bills weren't paid for months already, and since the Yingluck government lied when stating to need only 270 billion for 2013/2014 and having the funds.

The Yingluck government was criminally negligent and 'being in a better position after Fab4' was only what they hoped for to be able to further hide their negligence.

• Like 1

Still to suggest that the normal dissolution of the House lasting 'only' sixty days would be a period the farmers could wait easily is utter nonsense especially since bills weren't paid for months already, and since the Yingluck government lied when stating to need only 270 billion for 2013/2014 and having the funds.

The Yingluck government was criminally negligent and 'being in a better position after Fab4' was only what they hoped for to be able to further hide their negligence.

Does Rubl hope to be in a better position after FAB4? Must be looove.

Something you will never ever hear from the PTP/UDD or PTP/UDD supporters.

Here is an example.

There was no attacks inside a red shirt rally site.

Correct answer is - "Your right"

UDD answer - Did they parachute in!!!!

Thank you.

post-140765-0-18929500-1401461335_thumb.

Edited by djjamie

Here is an example.

Thank you.

Stop lying djjamie.

You spin and wriggle so much you can't remember what you said originally, which was "there were no attacks on red rallies", not inside a red rally site.

My comment about did they parachute in was in reply to some poster trying to claim that attacks on red shirts outside of the stadium "didn't count". As I said, did they parachute in? They were obviously outside the stadium at some point in order to get into the stadium - and this is where your spin comes in with additional caveats that weren't there in the original post - now it's

Which is not what you said, not to mention being a ridiculous "disclaimer"

To adapt one of your "catchphrases", That's djjamie logic,

Here is an example.

Thank you.

Stop lying djjamie.

You spin and wriggle so much you can't remember what you said originally, which was "there were no attacks on red rallies", not inside a red rally site.

My comment about did they parachute in was in reply to some poster trying to claim that attacks on red shirts outside of the stadium "didn't count". As I said, did they parachute in? They were obviously outside the stadium at some point in order to get into the stadium - and this is where your spin comes in with additional caveats that weren't there in the original post - now it's

Which is not what you said, not to mention being a ridiculous "disclaimer"

To adapt one of your "catchphrases", That's djjamie logic,

Sandbags and anti grenade netting at rally sites mate. Sandbags and grenade netting. Do buses need sandbags and anti grenade nettings, no. Do rally sites need them, yes.

I was talking about anti grenade netting and sand bags at rally sites. PDRC needed them. Red shirts didn't. You have highlighted red shirts need bullet proof buses and I respect that. I admit that. But I am talking about anti grenade netting and sand bags and rally sites.

You really do possess PTP logic.

Edited by djjamie

Once the farmers are paid off, the program ends, right? I think a big push for the next government should be to figure out how to diversify crops, as well as improve yields and quantity of crops through technology and education. Handouts are nothing more than populist schemes, instead invest the money into real agricultural change.

The fact that the reds came up with the simple minded scheme without even considering how the farmers would get paid says a lot about how incredible ineffective those so called leaders were. Children running the country. Of course the farmers are happy now. They are being compensated. A promise fulfilled. What on earth was the yingbat thinking?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app