Thai Police make weapons link in probe of deadly attack on PDRC

webfact

in addition - and for me personally most telling - was the fact there was no credible sincere condemnation from the ruling powers themselves at the time.

It was more important for Yingluck to inspect vegetables on a PR tour somewhere in the country than going on TV to address the nation and condemn the killings - especially as their own hardcore supporters were filmed cheering the news of killings.

What kind of "government" does not make a clear public address in such a situation??

Do you guys never tire of posting lies in the form of propaganda?

I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost. My deepest condolences are for the victims who are injured and to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without any regard for human lives. The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception.

I would like to ask all sides of the political divide that we may see things differently and there are many ways to express those differences. But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process.

Not sincere enough for you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in addition - and for me personally most telling - was the fact there was no credible sincere condemnation from the ruling powers themselves at the time.

It was more important for Yingluck to inspect vegetables on a PR tour somewhere in the country than going on TV to address the nation and condemn the killings - especially as their own hardcore supporters were filmed cheering the news of killings.

What kind of "government" does not make a clear public address in such a situation??

In General Prayuths own words "where are they now"

Prayuth said those words about the government as he declared Martial Law. He went on to say "But I don't bother the government".................

Regardless, those words were spoken on the 23rd May 2014 and have absolutely no relation to Yinglucks condemnation of the killings at Trat.

• Like 1

While there is concern from the international community concerning the actions of the current military junta there was a deafening silence from those same self righteous smug international bodies concerning the attacks on civilian protesters by armed assassins.

Strange how that bastion of freedom Robert Amsterdam stood on the sidelines in complete silence .Indeed the delights of ''paid for dual standards'' are amazing.

interesting to note that now the so called leaders or manipulators heading up the assorted self professed security and law keeping bodies have been removed progress is suddenly made in this particular case.

Perchance ear medicine was affecting the balance (bias) of the head manipulator of those aforementioned bodies, plus a touch of nepotism here and there along with no doubt the dangling bait of a governmental sinecure and a cash donation too, perish the thought.

The last time round in 2006 the military used kid gloves much as was the situation in the first Gulf War, we all saw the results of that inaction and those results were mirrored in Thailand's political, legal, business and social scene in that too long running black comedy ''The Shinwatra puppet show.''

Hopefully this time round the lessons have been learnt and we are hopefully now seeing the cleaning out of the corrupt detritus that has contaminated the Thai political scene since 2001 in its various guises.

I regret that I have but only one like to give.

iancnx post # 17

So are you still a supporter of a PTP leadership which looks as if it inspired massacre against innocent women and children, or are you reconsidering your position?

iancnx.

With respect would suggest that you visit the nearest opticians and then read my post again when you have been supplied with new spectacles.

I did not offer support for the P.R.DC. as you state

I commented on the lack of enthusiasm of those supposedly in charge of law and order enforcement and there seeming reluctance to act for a number of reasons.

It would seem as if your judgement is clouded by some sort of blind spot regarding the then state of affairs prevailing in Thailand.

I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost. My deepest condolences are for the victims who are injured and to the relatives and friends of those who lost their lives. The violent incidents are terrorist acts for political gains without any regard for human lives. The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception.

I would like to ask all sides of the political divide that we may see things differently and there are many ways to express those differences. But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process.

Absolutely not! Yingluck's "full investigation" found nothing. Yet in just a matter of a few days, Prayuth made considerable progress.

Another snowflake in Thaksin's blizzard of shame.

• Like 2

Bullcrap....

That was a stock statement that was almost a week later after the bombings.

Also, actions speak louder than words and everyone knows the police did absolutely nothing to find the killers and that was on orders from above.

Don't tell me that the police tried, because strange how as soon as we had a coup, the police were more than capable of finding the killers within days with the army behind them pushing them along.

We want to know WHY they did nothing and allowed the killing to continue.

This was the only statement from all the killings, and only because she was pressured because kids were involved and 4 had dies in 2 days... probably by the same people and on the orders of the same people.

Well I am praying that the top most levels have their names named and I am confident that this will happen ad Thais seem to spill their guts very easily when put under pressure.

I don't think it will be surprising that the UDD and actual government bodies are involved up their earlobes in all this nasty shit.

Yingluck being PM at the time should be held PERSONALLY responsible if ANYONE on the government payroll is involved. I hope Chalerm's name or CAPO pops up somewhere.

That statement was made on the day of the killings. So not how you say, bullcrap. Check your facts before spouting.

iancnx post # 17

So are you still a supporter of a PTP leadership which looks as if it inspired massacre against innocent women and children, or are you reconsidering your position?

iancnx.

With respect would suggest that you visit the nearest opticians and then read my post again when you have been supplied with new spectacles.

I did not offer support for the P.R.DC. as you state

I commented on the lack of enthusiasm of those supposedly in charge of law and order enforcement and there seeming reluctance to act for a number of reasons.

It would seem as if your judgement is clouded by some sort of blind spot regarding the then state of affairs prevailing in Thailand.

You are both mistaken and have misquoted post #17 .... But I forgive you.

Post #17 was in reply to prbkk, who is often glowing with red cheeks. Take another look. Cheers.

• Like 1

Someone should tell Jonathan head and Senator Kerry - COUPS get things DONE!!!

I will be genuinely surprised if Head makes any mention of this in any of his reports. He normally avoids anything that may present the Shins in a negative way. If forced into making a comment, by the pressure of peers also reporting it, he'll no doubt try and put doubts as to the evidence, hinting at a conspiracy.

• Like 1

iancnx post # 40

You are both mistaken and have misquoted post #17 .... But I forgive you.

Post #17 was in reply to prbkk, who is often glowing with red cheeks. Take another look. Cheers.

My sincere apologies iancnx.w00t.gif

Must hone my multi tasking skills plus clean both my glasses and the computer screen too. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Bullcrap....

Also, actions speak louder than words and everyone knows the police did absolutely nothing to find the killers and that was on orders from above.

Don't tell me that the police tried, because strange how as soon as we had a coup, the police were more than capable of finding the killers within days with the army behind them pushing them along.

This was the only statement from all the killings, and only because she was pressured because kids were involved and 4 had dies in 2 days... probably by the same people and on the orders of the same people.

Well I am praying that the top most levels have their names named and I am confident that this will happen ad Thais seem to spill their guts very easily when put under pressure.

I don't think it will be surprising that the UDD and actual government bodies are involved up their earlobes in all this nasty shit.

Yingluck being PM at the time should be held PERSONALLY responsible if ANYONE on the government payroll is involved. I hope Chalerm's name or CAPO pops up somewhere.

That statement was made on the day of the killings. So not how you say, bullcrap. Check your facts before spouting.

I thought I remembered then PM/DM Yingluck issuing this statement one or two days after the murders. I may be wrong but I can't find a link that shows it being published on the same day as the murders took place. Do you have it handy please?

Of course, I can find lots of links to the disgusting gloating and cheering when this appalling news was announced at a pro-PTP meeting.

Absolutely not! Yingluck's "full investigation" found nothing. Yet in just a matter of a few days, Prayuth made considerable progress.

Another snowflake in Thaksin's blizzard of shame.

Have any of Yingluck's full investigations ever found anything? And she thought she's put the best pair for the job in charge - Chalerm and Tarit,

• Like 1

The impotency of law enforcement agencies, the obstruction of the armed forces in restoring law and order and the enforcement of rule of law and the blindness of CC and other courts resulted in people taking armed struggle as a means to settle their grievances, bitterness, and hurts.

Wow, the tough guys are coming out of the woodwork here lately. Talk of military tribunals against civilians, firing squads, summary executions. Only yesterday we on TV were requested to tone down the rhetoric, whatever "side" we were on. And yet the extreme hateful writing continues to flow like a broken sewer main, even more so than before May 22. Repulsive. Unnecessary. Unhelpful.

The impotency of law enforcement agencies, the obstruction of the armed forces in restoring law and order and the enforcement of rule of law and the blindness of CC and other courts resulted in people taking armed struggle as a means to settle their grievances, bitterness, and hurts.

Oh. Then it's okay then.

My bad.

Bullcrap....

I thought I remembered then PM/DM Yingluck issuing this statement one or two days after the murders. I may be wrong but I can't find a link that shows it being published on the same day as the murders took place. Do you have it handy please?

Of course, I can find lots of links to the disgusting gloating and cheering when this appalling news was announced at a pro-PTP meeting.

You remember correctly. The statement itself refers to '"today's killings at Rachaprasong..", therefore it must have been released at least a full day after the killings in Trat, which this thread is about.

• Like 2

"Many mentioned even the BBC did not report without bias. I wonder if they will pick up on this too once its proven and aired and expose the red shirts for what they are."

Jonathon Head has delivered very jaded, uninterested and frankly very smarmy (Apologies to non Brit native speakers) reports throughout the last 7 months concerning the PDRC protests in BKK however he also delivered very "touching" and "sympathetic" coverage of RS villages ( tiny outpost in Udon Thani for 1 ) SO don't hold your breath for him or the Beeb to do a U turn any time soon

• Like 1

While there is concern from the international community concerning the actions of the current military junta there was a deafening silence from those same self righteous smug international bodies concerning the attacks on civilian protesters by armed assassins.

Strange how that bastion of freedom Robert Amsterdam stood on the sidelines in complete silence .Indeed the delights of ''paid for dual standards'' are amazing.

interesting to note that now the so called leaders or manipulators heading up the assorted self professed security and law keeping bodies have been removed progress is suddenly made in this particular case.

Perchance ear medicine was affecting the balance (bias) of the head manipulator of those aforementioned bodies, plus a touch of nepotism here and there along with no doubt the dangling bait of a governmental sinecure and a cash donation too, perish the thought.

The last time round in 2006 the military used kid gloves much as was the situation in the first Gulf War, we all saw the results of that inaction and those results were mirrored in Thailand's political, legal, business and social scene in that too long running black comedy ''The Shinwatra puppet show.''

Hopefully this time round the lessons have been learnt and we are hopefully now seeing the cleaning out of the corrupt detritus that has contaminated the Thai political scene since 2001 in its various guises.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. In FACT, many groups, bodies, organisations, countries DID condemn the violence and expressed concern and regret about the civilian deaths in the protests and particularly so in respect of the children in Trat and outside Big C. Either you didn't notice or now choose to forget , for whatever reason

* The impotency of law enforcement agencies* I guess your talking about the RTP , mate they weren't interested due to the fact they were controlled by Chalerm, Tarit, Surapong etc... who are all Thaksin/RS lackeys or simply the RTP are RS supporters.

* the obstruction of the armed forces in restoring law and order and the enforcement of rule of law* They're are not obstructed anymore and haven't we seen quite a few large hauls of deadly weapons in the past week not too mention arrests and investigations carried out without footdragging lethargy.

*people taking armed struggle as a means to settle their grievances* Excuse for the murder of a 9 year old little girl working at here mum and dads' noodle stall. Errr just better not comment on that one

• Like 1

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. In FACT, many groups, bodies, organisations, countries DID condemn the violence and expressed concern and regret about the civilian deaths in the protests and particularly so in respect of the children in Trat and outside Big C. Either you didn't notice or now choose to forget , for whatever reason

Do you mean the UDD has, at that time, been condemning this violence (and red apologists here too)? Sorry, but I can't remember that, maybe because I'm still with the vision of the gathered red masses cheering loudly when one of their 'leaders', announced like a victory the murdering of some more innocents at a PDRC rally... Prbkk, you're too good at twisting and turning FACTS untill they fit in the little red book Thaksin has been writing for the UDD, are you a 'pro', even an attorney maybe? Does it pay well? I for sure hope so, cause it's a dirty job, it must be difficult to get the smell off of your skin...

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Exactly. The same can be said for the red apologists who make the most noise here on TV! alt=clap2.gif>

Only one negative comment about this post and that's regarding the last sentence. Sadly the corrupt detritus among Thai politicians has been around a lot longer than 13 years, however I am of the opinion that Thaksin has managed to take corruption here to a whole new level altogether.

On a side note, I read that the army has been disarming the police. Hopefully they will not stop there, the RTP needs to be disbanded altogether.

That statement was first reported by CNN on the 25th, first child was killed on 22nd.

• Like 1

Ok since some can't get there heads out of the arse to smell the coffee here it is in a nut shell would you cheer at the deaths of innocent children? People who do lack moral and deserve the hell that awaits them. If you want your children to growup in fear because of some cause that is for the rich off the backs of the poor. If you believe that the rich really want to help you by taking a low paying government and aren't looking to increase there wealth stop smoking crack. So get a clue a new sherriff is in town and he not going to play your game get use to it.

• Like 1

So. . . Ok. . . Where are the red defending folks that, after every attack, either said it was the PDRC shooting their own or it wasn t proven yet? Its clear now that this vile attack on women and children was the reds doing.

Yeah rebel platoon I totally agree it's about time these TVF reds started at the very least offering an apology for the pages and pages worth of disinformation, denials, excuses and lies we have had to wade through on this forum concerning the murders of innocent PDRC protesters and very sadly innocent victims of this sickening redshirt violence.

• Like 1

At least now they have uncontroversial proof of the link between the terrorist attack and the PTP/UDD. Now all they need to do is find which leader gave the orders. Then a nice firing squad

more proof, more linking, more Red Shirt weapons caches...

More weapons with links to UDD seized in Lamphun

LAMPHUN, 27 May 2014 (NNT) – Police and military forces have confiscated weapons during a raid in the northern province of Lamphun.

Thirty soldiers and 20 police officers have raided a longan orchard in the province after receiving tip-offs indicating that the area is a training ground for the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) guards.

Five men at the scene fled the orchard during the raid and one of them among the group was caught after a brief manhunt.

Four homemade rifles, bullets, bullet-proof vests, and UDD logos were found at the scene. More suspects are set to be arrested by the military after a more in-depth probe is launched.

Last week, three separate raids across three provinces including Bangkok found a large amount of weapons, explosives, and ID cards belonging to UDD guards. The UDD has disavowed any links with the weapons caches seized in the raids.

http://61.19.244.31/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5705270010010

• Like 2