Found a real lemon tree!

soidog, what is a "real" lemon tree and what is a real lemon?

The trees we have in our orchard are called "manao" by my wife and they are lime trees. will this tree you have produce the typical yellow lemons with nipples on each end?

soidog, what is a "real" lemon tree and what is a real lemon?

The trees we have in our orchard are called "manao" by my wife and they are lime trees. will this tree you have produce the typical yellow lemons with nipples on each end?

From the picture one would hazard a guess that the difference between the two is easily distinguished.

I have about 10 lemon trees in my back yard. Mind you they are only a few months old right now.A friend has a couple in his yard 5 years old and bearing fruit. He is the one who told me how easy it is to grow them. Simply go to Villa Market and buy a lemon. When you use the lemon take the seeds out and plant in starter bags, when big enough plant in the ground. In 5 years have lemons. My wife put the seeds from our lemon in pots outside that she grows herbs in. The lemon trees started so she transplanted the small saplings in to small pots and now we about 10 ready to go.To easy.

Brought our first real lemon tree(YELLOW) from Chiang Mai 5 years back, cost then was 450 baht. The wife isinto this and does her on grafting. From the first tree she is now up to 12 more. Every time we go up to CNX we bring back plants. We are now up to 24 YELLOW lemon trees. New trees cost now 250 baht. Our location Kap Choeng.. The photo is a new grafted YELLOW LEMON TREE. Date is this past 23rd.

post-157194-0-18405500-1401176180_thumb.

I germinated seeds from a 'real' lemon a little over 3 years ago. transplanted them to small pots after they germinated, then to larger pots when they were about 6 inches tall. I moved them to the ground when they were about 12" high. they are now about 4 meters tall. In the beginning, I had to fight the battle of the insects constantly. For the last year or so, they have become strong enough to battle the insects themselves. The leaves have a strong, lemon smell to them. According to research I have done, they usually start to blossom when they are 4-5 years old and start to produce lemons. I started with about a dozen in the small pots and 5 survived transplanting and insects. Birds seem to love nesting in them. Perhaps because of the long, thick and very sharp thorns on the branches that keep away cats?

post-137554-0-26103000-1401441404_thumb.