Immigration At Chaeng Wattana Opening On June 2nd

Announcement
Immigration services provided at Government Complex are officially opened

The Immigration Division1 will be opened immigration services for all foreigners(except 3 national migrant labors) at Government Complex, Ratthaprasasanabhakti Building (Building B). ,Chaengwattana Road from Monday 2 June 2014. (Service time : Mon – Fri : 8.30 – 12.00 , 13.00 - 16.30 . Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS)

Immigration Service Center at Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao will provide immigration services ONLY FOR 3National Legalized Labors(Myanmar,Laos and Cambodia) Service time : Mon – Fri : 10.30 – 18.30 . Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

for more information, call 1111 or go to Immigration Division 1 website

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought some folks here had been saying that walk-in 90-day reports for farangs would continue to be available through the LP and MH locations once CW reopened. But the above announcement seems to say no 90-day reports at LP and MH for farangs.

I think that is just an oversight in the annoucement. They intend to say extensions of stay must be made at CW-road.

90 day reporting should still be availeble at the two alternate locations, for walk-in reporting. Mail-in reports can only be made to CW-road.

This is still on website. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

From 2nd January, 2014, all foreigners residing in Bangkok will be able to provide their 90 days notification of residence at 2 additional offices, which are Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao.

Click for more details

They just did not include it in the announcement.

When I last did my 90 days at Imperial World, Lad Prao a few weeks back, I was told that it could still be done there when CW finally reopened. Didn't ask about Re entry permits, though.

Time will (soon) tell.

Anyway, good news about CW

What about picking up the extension of stay stamp? We did my ext. of stay Thai Wife at Lad Phrao on May 19th(?) and I am due to collect on June 11th.

Should I go to Lad Phrao or CW?

You will need to go to CW.

• Like 1

So until May 30th, for a 60 day tourist visa extension of 60 days, do we still go to
Immigration Service Center at Major Hollywood Suksawat OR Imperial World Ladprao?
What is the latest we can go to make the extension before our 60 day tourist visa expires?

The 30th is the last day for the temporary offices. CW will not be open until the 2nd.

You can do your extension on the last day of your 60 day permit to stay if you want to. After that you are on overstay.

I just applied for a 1 year extension at Imperial Ladprao, but still have to go back to "hear result".

Think this will create any problem that the application and the result will be at different locations? (ie will they have not transferred by paperwork etc?)

What about picking up the extension of stay stamp? We did my ext. of stay Thai Wife at Lad Phrao on May 19th(?) and I am due to collect on June 11th.

Should I go to Lad Phrao or CW?

Same here

I'm in the same boat, but ever since CW started, I've never had a problem with the staff there (good people). Very efficient.

You'll be ok.

My visa expires on the 31st. Can I go on the 2nd of June to CW or will I have to pay OS?

I assume you mean your permit to stay is expiring not your visa. Visas cannot be extended.

What kind of extension do you want to get?

If you go on the 2nd you may be charged for overstay. It will depend upon the officer that handles your extension. Sometimes they don't charge overstay if you it your permit to stay falls on a weekend or holiday.

Yo can go to one of the temporary office today.

Can anyone actually confirm that 90-day reports can still be performed at LP and MH? It is much easier, quicker and cheaper for me to go to MH Suksawat than to Jaeng Wattana and the re-opening of the latter is in fact bad news for me. To me the immigration website at http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html seems to say that this is now only for the citizens of Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar, and that the rest of us must now go to Jaeng Wattana as before.

Edited by roberta

Yes, I have seen that, but open the link labeled "notification of staying over 90 days" and under the heading "offices accepting notification" paragraph #3 states -

"Immigration Service Center for 3 National Legalized Labors ( Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia) at Major Hollywood Suksawat or Imperial World Ladprao
Only special Labor of three Nationalities Loas ,Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok."

The emphasis on Only is mine. That seems to mean that only legal workers from those 3 countries can use those 2 offices.

The only office not qualified in some way to specific groups is Jaeng Wattana I see nothing to suggest that Suksawat is still generally available for 90-day reports as it was during the shutdown of the Government Complex. But perhaps I am missing something...

I think immigration just has not bothered to change the 90 day reporting page.

I think this under Attention overrides whats on that page.

'From 2nd January, 2014, all foreigners residing in Bangkok will be able to provide their 90 days notification of residence at 2 additional offices, which are Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat and Imperial World Ladprao."

Well, thank you for that. To be sure, I think we will just have to wait for a report of success - or failure. I do hope somebody will go to one of these "additional" offices to make a 90-day report and provide us here with an account of his or her experience, before I have to go and try to do it myself!