Chinese vessels attack, sink VN boat

webfact

Chinese vessels attack, sink VN boat

vn-china-ships-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Chinese ship coded 11209 yesterday sank a Vietnamese fishing boat with 10 members on board. The incident happened in Vietnamese waters, according to Viet Nam News.

During regular operations in its traditional fishing grounds, boat DNa 90152 from Da Nang is reported to have been encircled by 40 fishing vessels of China and then being deliberately attacked by a Chinese vessel, 11209.

The incident occurred at about 4pm 17 nautical miles from where China’s Haiyang Shiyou-981 oil rig has been sited.

The location is in the heart of traditional Vietnamese fishing grounds in Vietnam’s exclusive economic zone and continental shelf.

All 10 fishermen were rescued by other boats from Vietnam.

It was not the first time Vietnamese fishing boats have been attacked by Chinese ships in recent weeks.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chinese-vessels-attack-sink-vn-boat/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-27

What may i say were they doing in VN waters? Shocking

In my understanding China claims that it is their waters. As both sides play the full propaganda it is hard to tell who is right.

Defending the Chinese oil rig that they brought there a few weeks (months?) ago. Tension is building up and it looks like the world might soon be witnessing the first ever war between two communist countries.

Defending the Chinese oil rig that they brought there a few weeks (months?) ago. Tension is building up and it looks like the world might soon be witnessing the first ever war between two communist countries.

They've fought before. The Chinese decided the Vietnamese were a sandwich short of a picnic IIRC

• Like 1

China thinks they own the World. They do not believe anyone can bloody their nose, I guess we will see in the not too distant future.

I believe the World Court needs to settle all these claims betewwn China, Japan, Vietnam Russia and above all free Taiwan from the Chinese.

Jerry

Maybe the World Court and settle all the differences in the Middle East - the West Bank, Gazza, Syria, Israel etc, Ukraine, sub Saharan Africa whilst they're at it? Or maybe even that formidable organization known as the UN? Ain't that simple.

The whole world is embroiled in disputes, countries fragmenting, regions wanting new boundaries, people wanted to break free or join others.

My Chinese friends are really worried the way this is going. Say it's getting out of hand. Even more worrying when you consider the re-arming of the feudal minded militaristic Japan, which never admits it's WW2 era past let alone repents.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In my understanding China claims that it is their waters. As both sides play the full propaganda it is hard to tell who is right.

China is claiming the whole China Sea as part of its soverneighty. Do you think there is any question as to whether it's right?

• Like 2

China thinks they own the World. They do not believe anyone can bloody their nose, I guess we will see in the not too distant future.

I believe the World Court needs to settle all these claims betewwn China, Japan, Vietnam Russia and above all free Taiwan from the Chinese.

Jerry

The WORLD has given the Chinese THEIR manufacturing industry, thats why China has become what it is now....Sorry but the west and it's money saving thing will backfire.............coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Vietnam and Khmer Rouge Cambodia fought a war between 1979 and 1980 which actually dragged on until 1988.

Communist China invaded Vietnam in 1979-80 as well - about 60,000 casualties on both sides.

Vietnam and China were at war with each other in the early eighties, they were both communist countries then, Vietnam won. Vietnam is still the only country to be at war with three permanent members of the UN Security Council and win all three! Kudos to the Vietnamese!

• Like 2

China s true colours shining through. Picking fights with the Phillipines, Vietnam, Cambodia and even as far as Malaysia. Slowly taking over, spreading its influence, sucking this earth of its resources and destroying our habitat. Wake up people!

Yup! Time to send in UDTs and sink the SOBs.

Chinas politicians agreed to the article 55 of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea. They can claim what they want, their doing is illegal. May be our paper tiger named UN con do something about it. The oilrig Haiyang Shiyou-981 is also set up inside the EEZ of Vietnam.

The Chinese are a force to be reckoned with...they are expanding their international water boundaries...have upset the Japanese, Philippines as well as Vietnam...I do not see any of these countries mounting a serious threat to the Chinese military...

The Chinese are a force to be reckoned with...they are expanding their international water boundaries...have upset the Japanese, Philippines as well as Vietnam...I do not see any of these countries mounting a serious threat to the Chinese military...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, withdraw the wests manufacturing industry from China and stuff will be fixed......................whistling.gif

• Like 1

Copying the russians

Not at all a surprise to see China as a country and as an industrial machine copying anything.

But if history is anything to go by, China does not have a record of winning direct conflicts and Vietnam does. I doubt Japan as the other nearest-neighbor would stand by and allow a potential ally to be attacked in any form - they would not directly attack but increase pressure on the US to preemptively protect Japan by supporting Vietnam and create a buffer or at least potentially tire China before they focused their cruel attitudes towards other neighbors. The true strength of Japanese capabilities is that because of their treaty with the US they do have very strong defensive capabilities and may be able to take advantage of these type of attacks by offering protection within Vietnamese waters using their advanced assets - which generally do exceed Chinese technical capabilities.

In saying that China has modernized considerably and Vietnam has not. I suspect this may be the point where countries around China must make a stand on one side of the fence or the other and attempt to create a united front against Chinese aggression similar to NATO in the fact that actions against one would be deemed actions against all.

My concern is that countries such as Thailand who have deep roots with the Chinese may not be as resistant to modern-day occupation (economic and interbreeding) as their neighbors Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Japan, Singapore and Vietnam.

China, if you do attack, leave Elly Tran Ha for me, please.

• Like 1

If Japan is dragged, ah perhaps not exactly the right word, into a shooting conflict with China the US is obligated by treaty to defend Japan. There have been as of late some very good scenarios on a couple of excellent defense blogs describing how and what could happen. The US doesn't exactly have a modern history of winning wars. That said, Air/Sea Battle, even with China's anti-ship missiles, I think China no match for Japan and US. Only the very, very stupid would invade China's mainland (see US modern history for a clue, oops). Vietnam's Navy, is outdated and outgunned as are the rest of ASIAN battle forces. Plans and exercises are happening for retaking any islands the Chinese grab, as well they should be. USMC working with Japanese Marines on amphibian landing etc. Future purchase of the useless F-35 models by many nations is an exercise in futility as it can't fly, can't fight, but very expensive and will make big bucks for the rip-off defense industry. The future in the South China Sea is going to be very, very interesting and I think it's time to hang on for rough seas.

rebelplatoon, on 27 May 2014 - 13:20, said:

China s true colours shining through. Picking fights with the Phillipines, Vietnam, Cambodia and even as far as Malaysia. Slowly taking over, spreading its influence, sucking this earth of its resources and destroying our habitat. Wake up people!

So what? Were you dreaming that China is better than the others, like the US liberating Kuwait (under god's name) from those so terrible Irakies who did dare to take the US oil from Kuwait. We in the West definitely have nothing to complain to China what regards sucking the resourcesand destroying our habitat...

Wake up guys! China is not better nor worse than others. They are now just stronger than before and therefore do claim their rights as all the other do who are able to do it. Apart of that the Vietnamese were not really the nice guys neither in attacking and killing chinese citzens in Vietnam....

Well as an expat in China it's going to be interesting to see what happens for sure. My aptmt sits on the route from a major Ch. air force base to the S. Japan (err China) Sea, there are constant jet planes flying out there, and they blast their engines even though it's a major metropolitan area. Mordor is on the rise and I don't see it contained by anything but force.

A typical conversation with a brainwashed Ch.:

Ch. "China is a peaceful country"

Me: "Well why are you sending warships and jet fighters to the borders of othrr countries"

Ch. "China will not let others interfere with its peaceful rise"

Me: "Well isn't expanding your borders and intruding on others borders imperialism?"

Ch.: "No, China is a peaceful country"

So yep it's going to be war. Jihadists in the west, Japan and the rest on the right. However it happens, I'll be glad to see China down on her knees.

• Like 2