European rice trader places large order for Roi Et jasmine rice

webfact

all the good things are happening now the junta is in control, i wouldnt believe for one second its not trueblink.png

Going by that statement, unless the PTP is responsible for Thailand' socioeconomic successes then you don't really want to see Thailand move forward if someone else is responsible.

Though I have no idea where the link between the Junta and this OP is.

Good luck to the RoEt farmers. Organic rice was always a good option to get a competitive edge. May they do well and prosper without the need for government support.

Timing is the connection i think you are looking for and, as they say, timing is everything

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

all the good things are happening now the junta is in control, i wouldnt believe for one second its not true alt=blink.png>

The THAIFEX was obviously organized before martial law and the coup. So credit for its success might at least in part go to the former government.

Interesting news for various reasons

- organic <anything> is of interest in markets like the EC. That means quality instead of quantity

- 500 tonnes is not much, but it's a cautious start. Unknown how much this Network produces.

- pity no price details provided

- without having more info I can only say that I hope this is an example of people helping themselves in a cooperative form. Self-entitlement, self-reliance. Bravo!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thaksin did some good work in Norway, setting up a European Company in the name of "Amsterdam Inc."

Silly me , here I was thinking it was a name of a city in the Euro zone.cheesy.gif

all the good things are happening now the junta is in control, i wouldnt believe for one second its not true alt=blink.png>

The THAIFEX was obviously organized before martial law and the coup. So credit for its success might at least in part go to the former government.

Thaifex was set up and opened by a man name of Korn Chatikavanij who is an investment banker. He studied economics at Oxford Unversity, and had the top marks in his exams ever recorded at that University. He was also Finance minister under Abhisits Democrat government. So a former government might just take some credit for its success. Thank you for noting that. Mr P,ricker.... wai2.gif

• Like 2

One of wifeys friends grows several rai of organic jasmine every year. It is a small operation but her crop is sold out to the locals immediately it is cropped. The reason they buy is because she doesn't charge an exhorbitant price and because they are aware of all the chemicals that are used in mainstream production.

There is obviously quite a large market for organic rice and I wish the locals success.

There is a growing market and awareness for organic rice.It is hard weening Thais off their white rice,mai aloy before they even eat it.They are well aware of the poisons used on rice.

Most members here would have no idea of what "jasmine rice of Tung Kular Long high" is about anyway. Stay obnoxious, rant and rave. Good luck farmers who grow this sweet botanical.

Plain of Tears .... Isaan Plateau

• Like 1

non-toxic rice ? interesting concept. I guess something is lost in translation.

But, small trades such as this have been going on all the time. Nice to see it continues.

Edited by attento

all the good things are happening now the junta is in control, i wouldnt believe for one second its not trueblink.png

Going by that statement, unless the PTP is responsible for Thailand' socioeconomic successes then you don't really want to see Thailand move forward if someone else is responsible.

Though I have no idea where the link between the Junta and this OP is.

Good luck to the RoEt farmers. Organic rice was always a good option to get a competitive edge. May they do well and prosper without the need for government support.

Going by the recent posts here it seems a lot of visitors to this country don't want to see any good come of the crisis! must have had a hell of a childhood or massive paper round!

good to hear that some countries pay attention to quality and make it their priority. What about other food products? This needs to be checked too, especially dried and dehydraded stuff. Europe is sensitive and avoids anything Monsanto's (and it's covert operators) bringing up. Russia even criminalizes GMO as terrorist act and genozide (the legislative's preparing the law for this now)

GMO sells very good in China though.

Not sure how the sale of 500t of jasmine rice news came so bitter & twisted of a political nature almost immediatly on this forum.

Well done rice growers, give them good quality & they will be back for 1,000t next year.

And do the deal direct