Taylor Swift's Bangkok concert cancelled

webfact

Taylor Swift's concert cancelled
The Nation

30234720-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The long-awaited Taylor Swift's concert in Bangkok has been cancelled, BEC-TERO announced Tuesday, citing the current political situation.

The concert was initially scheduled for Monday June 9.

"Due to recent events in Thailand, Taylor Swift’s concert in Bangkok has been cancelled," the statement from BEC-TERO said.

"This has been a difficult decision for all parties. Taylor, AEG, BEC Tero and 13 Management all express regret and sincere apologies to the fans in Thailand," the statement added.

BEC-TERO said ticket holders can obtain a refund on their tickets at all ThaiTicket Major branches during normal business hours starting at 10am on May 29 through June 30.

"I’m sending my love to the fans in Thailand. I’m so sad about the concert being cancelled", Taylor Swift tweeted.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-27

Do you think the curfew may have had a lot to do with the cancellation. The list of anti coup Thai youth just grown.

I think it probably had everything to with it. Everyone has to be home in bed by 10 p.m

Do you think the curfew may have had a lot to do with the cancellation. The list of anti coup Thai youth just grown.

I think it probably had everything to with it. Everyone has to be home in bed by 10 p.m

Curfew will be amended, effective 29 May. More likely had the plug pulled because someone woke-up to the fact that the name of the show was far from appropriate.

I imagine the insurance costs for her to perform there probably shot through the roof when the coup happened.

Absolutely and I imagine that there will be more cancellations for international events.

Additionally by performing in Thailand there is the issue of perceived tacit approval of recent events.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Taylor who? Never heard of her.

Just the hottest (both looks and performer) country music star on the planet...you need to get out more...

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Taylor who? Never heard of her.

Just the hottest (both looks and performer) country music star on the planet...you need to get out more...

Ahhh, that explains it, country...no thanks. bah.gif