More rains expected across Thailand during the next 2-3 days

webfact

More rains expected across Thailand during the next 2-3 days

PNEVN570527001000501_27052014_042850.jpg

BANGKOK, 27 May 2014 (NNT) - More heavy rains are expected in many parts of Thailand amid sweltering summer heat.

The Meteorological Department has reported that southeasterly winds covering the South China Sea and the Gulf of Thailand coupled with monsoons prevailing over the Andaman Sea will generate widespread thunderstorms. Strong winds can also be expected in the country’s upper parts.

During May 29-30, southwesterly winds will intensify and move towards the Gulf of Thailand, bringing more rains to the western parts of the country.

On Monday, severe tropical storms have been reported in the Northeast, damaging homes and farms across the region. Residents in Sisaket and Chachoengsao were forced to evacuate after the storms wreaked havoc on their homes and nearby structures.

On the same day in Bangkok, at least 20 cars and pick-up trucks were damaged when strong wind during heavy rain brought down the car park roofing at the Crystal Design Center or CDC mall on Pradit Manootham road. No injuries were reported.

Most of Bangkok and its vicinity will be lashed by rain storms on Tuesday and Wednesday. The average temperature will reach 37 degree Celsius during the day.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-27 footer_n.gif

weather forecasts for all Thai provinces: http://weather.thaivisa.com

Driving from BKK to Pattaya yesterday afternoon had an insane thunder storm. Literally could barely see the end of the bonnet, and trundled along at about 5 kph. Even the pick up truck boys were reduced to sub 50 speeds.

Driving from BKK to Pattaya yesterday afternoon had an insane thunder storm. Literally could barely see the end of the bonnet, and trundled along at about 5 kph. Even the pick up truck boys were reduced to sub 50 speeds.

Yeap, I live in western Bangkok and that was a hell of thunderstorm/downpour for about 30 minutes. First rain blowing at a 45 degree angle to the east and then to the west....plenty of wind....quite a few tree limbs in my moobaan are no longer attached to the trees.

Yeap, I live in western Bangkok and that was a hell of thunderstorm/downpour for about 30 minutes. First rain blowing at a 45 degree angle to the east and then to the west....plenty of wind....quite a few tree limbs in my moobaan are no longer attached to the trees.

At around 1pm in the Rama 9/Ratchada area yesterday there was a thunderstorm with rain, but it must have been so brief I missed it. By the time I finished my lunch and I drove off from the shopping mall, you could only see some puddles, which were clearly drying up very quickly. The further east I went, the more the clouds opened up. Might have been the same thunderstorm as you experienced, but clearly it wasn't a big deal in most of Bangkok except perhaps over in the west, where you are.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

I am glad to see people lightening up, I mean, getting closer to the true barometer of the junta. Sprinkling a little humor here and there, and not being drips about it is refreshing as a shower....well, I certainly wouldn't want to cloud the issue or precipitate an ill wind blowing anywhere.

This is no snow job that I won't hail either side. It is just good to see the clouds have silver linings, sometimes.

I am certainly not stealing anyone's thunder. I would like to put a freeze on all the ball lightning people take turns throwing at each other, but that doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hades. No one should be trying to glaze over the issues, but maybe a calm before the storm is in order.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you ;)

• Like 1

Up to 50 is still good, I've noticed an infuriating habit of many Thai drivers to slow down (make that slam the brakes) from their normal 120 kph in the city to near zero the second a raindrop hits their windscreens.

Maybe they're on slicks.

• Like 1

we have had many storms since the end of march up here in Petchabun province,however this year the power supply seems much more affected than in the previous two years,it seems now all we need is a moderate gust of wind ,and bang,of goes the power,3or 4 times now this has lasted for 12 hours or so,makes it difficult to sleep,whilst i realise Thailand is a developing country,i seems strange to me that the situation seems worse now than when i first came up here.

we have had many storms since the end of march up here in Petchabun province,however this year the power supply seems much more affected than in the previous two years,it seems now all we need is a moderate gust of wind ,and bang,of goes the power,3or 4 times now this has lasted for 12 hours or so,makes it difficult to sleep,whilst i realise Thailand is a developing country,i seems strange to me that the situation seems worse now than when i first came up here.

if they would just not wait until the storms happen to decide it would be a good idea to trim back the trees that bring down the power lines....

• Like 1