No water since one week! A hard life in isaan

Sandman77

Nearly 40 degrees, and no water since one week, soon my tank running out..

The water company here is real crazy

Some people her in the village

Want to move there water counter

To another place

Workers come, cut the pipe extend

It at , fix it, with a glue

The chemical strength was so strong in the water that it smells terrible , and burned on skin

Mean canot use chlorin level sometimes less sometimes strong

The people even our nabours, make the burned coal every day in front of our house, I ask my wife please can you tell your nabours to stop this I have problems with breezing, but she says she can do nothing , the smoke is everyday from 2 sites,

I was hardly at that point take a box off water and clean out the fire!

But my wife says after 2 years married

If You Not like here you can go , but I not go with you!

Then in a good minute she told me story's , that other farangs stay in the village cannot stay long time,

She happy that I stay with here

Many bringing a bar woman from Pattaya to there home , never leave the car, because not familiar with the country life!

I think I can stay here because in my home country I also live on country side!

How far your wife can go, when she not accept your opinion and reject every farang complain!

Also When i forget close

The patlom before leave room

She think dangerous the fire come when we are not here and getting aggressive

If you not like up to you!.

Not think to much

In a newspaper I read Thais are number one in the world to chancel relationship of ever little problem

How to find out a way of obstinacy

I don't know

When a partner want controll everything no matter what it is , what

I can do?

I not want run away from problems like Thais ,maybe that's my problem I try to clear the problems out, but sometimes it does not work!

Our Relationship is 70 Prozent okay

But the level she change from friendly to angry when I not reflect here opinion makes me frear!

She getting very creative to do thinks

After a missunderstanding to play with my feelings!

One time I was swimming in the pool

She began burn plastic bags around me, also when I told please stop she not do

I tell I cannot breeze please stop,

Aswer I don't care and make more fire! With plastic bags around me!

I read books about isaan, in one book was a story wife began. To destroy things or put sugar in a tank of a car..

In first 2 years everything was okay!

But know Iam at the end with my knowledge

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, you are in a mess aren't you? I live with a lady that had two years schooling and worked first in the silk weaving trade and then in rice cultivation, she followed the buffalo.

I told her no more plastic burning. It stopped (11 people in the family compound), we now take it to town every week. She is either calm or not talking to me, rarely angry.

What I am trying to say is, she isn't ready to adjust to another person, sounds immature and unhappy and that she will have the same problems with anyone. Don't have children with her, you will really find yourself up <deleted> creek without a paddle. Or even better, leave, she wants you to do that apparently.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm at a loss as to what to say. I would have to say that no relationship is without it's ups and downs, and God knows Thai/Lao ladies, how shall I say this, be 'volatile' at times. But frankly this sounds almost a spousal abuse situation. Life is short, if this isn't working for you leave...and take everything you can with you. Don't accept everything you read about Isaan women. Many of us are, and have been together with Isaan women for many years, what you are experiencing isn't normal or usual.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the OP. Hope your Thai is better than your English to talk to them in the village.

If you're German, which i think you are, please feel free to post me in German and i'll try to help you.

Would my wife tell me such bs that I can go, but she'd stay, I wouldn't be with her anymore. It's that easy. So how can your relationship be to 70 % okay?

​You seem to be annoyed about almost everything. Are you really sure that this life is good for you? I have my doubts.

Yes, it's a hard life in an Isaan village, but who's wearing the pants? Your wife, or you?

If you can't change her behavior now, it's already too late.Would a "loving wife" say that to a guy who supports her?

Please think about it and i meant what I wrote. If you're German, please page me.Have you read "private dancer" yet. Please feel free to read it, it's attached and then think about where and who you are.

Wish you the best.

I think op may hang himself after reading leathers book, he should have read that on the plane before coming over.

Perhaps as it can get boring in the village op needs to get out to the pub and mix with fellow farangs.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the OP. Hope your Thai is better than your English to talk to them in the village.

If you're German, which i think you are, please feel free to post me in German and i'll try to help you.

Would my wife tell me such bs that I can go, but she'd stay, I wouldn't be with her anymore. It's that easy. So how can your relationship be to 70 % okay?

​You seem to be annoyed about almost everything. Are you really sure that this life is good for you? I have my doubts.

Yes, it's a hard life in an Isaan village, but who's wearing the pants? Your wife, or you?

If you can't change her behavior now, it's already too late.Would a "loving wife" say that to a guy who supports her?

Please think about it and i meant what I wrote. If you're German, please page me.Have you read "private dancer" yet. Please feel free to read it, it's attached and then think about where and who you are.

Wish you the best.

I think op may hang himself after reading leathers book, he should have read that on the plane before coming over.

Perhaps as it can get boring in the village op needs to get out to the pub and mix with fellow farangs.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Are you joking? Skint. Get a hobby/ sport or dare I say this 4 lettered word, WORK! Meet some nice people from different backgrounds other than farmers. Village life doesn't suit everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh my God. I feel sad for this man. He is in a completely wrong place. he sounds like he has been locked in that house for 2 years and learnt nothing with interacting with the neighbours, talking to them and talking to his own wife.

It feels like he is completely on his own. Maybe that is the main reason why he made that shitty decision to live IN A VILLAGE.. We falangs should actuella NOT live in a village, we should live 0outside a village and not interfere with the locals and their strange behaviour. We just do not get it I guess....

I agree that marriage seems to be a shithole of a marriage and I would have left for a long time a go,, We live one time, whyspend it with somebody who doesn´t try to protect you, help you and love you?????

Naaaaa, either this is a troll-thread or one of the worst missplaced falangs I have ever read about...

Glegolo

• Like 1

Maybe he bought the house and land on her name so if he wants to leave then he will lose everything....Same as Ted in My Thai Bride huh.png

Maybe he bought the house and land on her name so if he wants to leave then he will lose everything....Same as Ted in My Thai Bride huh.png

Since when is that (money) a issue, yes for the scared boys down in Pattaya that is the single most important thing in the world obviously... Money is just money and if you are not happy, for God sake just walk away.,.. I guess you have some balls..

Glegolo

The relative existence in OP home country is excruciatingly painful to even imagine that would compel a person to thrust themselves into a situation with a companion lacking basic critical thinking ability, likely lacking even completion of a arguably near worthless education, whose life if run by superstition, and with whom has very little in common with nor any meaningful communication with.

Whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

OP, I hear you brother and hope that things work out well for you.

I spent a week in up country Thailand and that was more than enough.

Looking at things from a wider perspective, the despair and difficulites described in the OP must happen a lot to farang guys. They meet a lovely Thai lady, move up to the village and for the first year or two everything is pretty much rosey.

The new way of life probably seems like a bit of an adventure compared to what their usually used to. They get that youthful spring of excitement of falling in love and living in what probably seems like a year long camping holiday with the added bonus of internet access, a True Visions subscription, and a weekly trip to Big C.

But after a year, the novelty of being the only farang in the village has probably worn very very thin, as seems to be the case here.

That said, I've spoken to guys and read posts on this very forum from fellas who love living the village for life.

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 2

If the neighbor is burning, there is usually not much you can do other than politely ask them to stop. The fact that your wife is intentionally trying to annoy you is not very promising and shows a lot of anger toward you. Not sure if you can overcome it or if you want to, but I bet there is another side to the story - - are you complaining alot? asking her to tell the neighbors what to do on their property?

I feel some sympathy for the OP but.... the first time I hear, up to you about a serious matter and/or ...you go but I no go... I would load up the car and be gone, no two ways about it. Life is to short to be playing bu..s..t games. Also having an upset mental state is detrimental to your physical health as well. Your relationship has a very serious problem and you need to examine it very carefully.

Best of luck and hope you get a grip on the situation.

• Like 1

The water situation is something I can relate to. My GF's family is in Sikhio area and we go often. Last 3 trips there..., Songkran and two times after for young monk ceremony and a wedding...., the rains hadn't yet kicked in for them. Ironically, in Buriram 2 weeks ago before heading there and everything is alive, green green, the fields possessing that deep rich (moist) red brown color. Rained every day there. Got to Sikhio area..., dry as a desert and the water containers filled only with muddy water.

I just kick my mind into camping mode and deal with it. But we are looking to build a "sure let's go visit the family" home on GF's land and I've stated, with passion, there will be a way to get fresh potable water into the home or it's deal off. Unless I want to go camping. :-)

One doesn't really get a sense of clean when staying with sister and bathing in brown water, let alone a hong nam with ZERO air circulation. Exemplary contractor built this one.

Good luck!

Wow you are in a mess, time to walk Buddy. Sort your property out first do not let her get it. See a good lawyer one I know in Khon Kaen will sort it for you they did it for couple falangs I know, contact me direct through ThaiVisa I will give you their details.

I. Have my Khon Kaen wife who is a jem will not let anyone abuse me, backs me up all the time and asks me many things what she should do.

You need to get away from this one Mate your life will shorten fast, plenty more and better available.

• Like 1

Run, get back to the civilized world even there you will be amazed how little Thais care about bothering the neighbors...

We regularly visit my in-laws up country, but never sleep there, so we can always go to the hotel when we've seen enough. Most of the times it's my wife who says let's go to the hotel ;-)

• Like 1

I'm sorry that I am laughing but this has the makings of one of the all time best Thai Visa threads.

You realize your post now enshrines your misanthropy for all time? Perhaps your young or too topical to care, but to mock a man who pleads for a lifeline defines you as a loser.

Had this post been entirely fabricated my point remains; the situation described is awful.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sandman, you seem to be a little depressed at the moment.

The pizza in Korat is no good, they are picking their nose in the Mall, the water smells, you can't breathe because of the fires.

I would suggest you go for a nice brake to an island for I or 2 weeks.

Take the wife and go, she seems fed up with your moaning.

Some of your problems are my problems also, but I managed to overlook things and adjust to the Issan way of living.

Try to do the same, enjoy your swimming pool and your house.

Don't tell me that the fires just started, they must have been there for a long time.

Let the water run, it will clear eventually.

And the main thing, stop moaning, no good for you or your wife.

I live in Khon Kaen, if you feel like, take a trip to my house, so we can have a beer or 2 and relax.

PM, me if you feel like it.

Hope everything goes all right for you.

Regards

Costas

Wow Costas.....now I am wondering if I can take a trip to KK and have a beer with you too? I would. Just asking.

• Like 1

If you go to the Islands for 1-2 weeks please take a Dictionary, i cannot recall having seen such poor/bad English before.

His English is good enough for getting his message across!! If he had written it in perfect Thai, could you have replied to his post?

Your contribution has done nothing to help this poor man and his predicament.

I very rarely criticize a posters English as it is not important. But some people do make some assumptions;

1) Thai wife probably does not speak English well

2) Poster does not speak English well

3) Poster does not speak Thai well

4) Thai wife does not speak Posters first language well

Assuming all of the above I always have to question how well the two people communicate? Many problems exist due to poor communication. So the poster added "take a dictionary" may have been a stupid comment...but is based on realism.....the OP and his wife need to sit down and try communicating in one single language they both understand.