The NCPO relaxes curfew from tonight

george

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it starts tomorrow. So today is still under old rule and therefore curfew starts at 10pm. But as the new rule is in effect after midnight, curfew ends at 4am.

Following days it will be from midnight to 4am.

But in reality, does the military or police care if there is plenty of people on the streets celebrating their new freedom :)

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

The movement of arms from the North by road to Bangkok.

Better answer would be security on those roads then and let the rest of the country go about it's business maybe?

• Like 2

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

They can't move them during the day ?

Touche, though without a curfew they would prefer to move them under the cover of darkness.

Also, do you remember how many grenade attacks the red shirts perpetrated on the PDRC camps during the day. I don't remember any. There were a lot more done at night. Cover of darkness again.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Better answer would be security on those roads then and let the rest of the country go about it's business maybe?

When you run your coup, we will do it your way. In the meantime, it is their coup, let's play by their rules?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Bit of logic: curfew midnight-start change activates on 28 May but today is 27 May (ergo curfew still starts at 10 pm tonight). #Confused?

But finish at 4 am smile.png

Doesn't make a big difference whether it's 4 or 5am. Who gets up and is on the roads that early anyway, except shift workers, reporters etc. I'm glad that the curfew now only starts at midnight, 10pm was definitely way too early...sometimes with the traffic in Bangkok at 10pm you could still be stuck in traffic along Rama I or Sukhumvit etc. or still be stuck inside a shopping mall parking lot (such as Paragon) 2.5 hours after you first got inside your car...