The NCPO relaxes curfew from tonight

george

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

Although they've already banned more than 5 people at a time for political gatherings, it also helps ensure that nobody can camp out overnight

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have a curfew for 4 hours, why cant they just lift the curfew and be done with it.

Maybe they have there reasons ?

Their reasons. To reduce RTAs. Just think of the lives that are saved if you can get the bars shut and people drinking at home and nor driving their cars. There we go.

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

Do not wonder, The junta might well be aware that harmful activities might take place during the nights by supporters of political opposition parties, hence the input of curfew.

It is getting a bit better now for the general public, the curfew started initially from 10 PM to 5 AM, and now from midnight to 4 AM, and it will eventually come to an end.

Why have a curfew for 4 hours, why cant they just lift the curfew and be done with it.

Maybe they have there reasons ?

Their reasons. To reduce RTAs. Just think of the lives that are saved if you can get the bars shut and people drinking at home and nor driving their cars. There we go.

As long as they don't have wife's. that might mean more accidental falls off of balconies.

I find the new curfew good. smile.png

First of all it would be great if i can shopping again in the malls and shops like before until 10 pm

And all the tourists and parents with kids can sleep well from 0 clock until 4 pm without loud bar music and drunk people. Specially for familly with kids and tourist who would like to sleep at that time thats a perfect solution.

If you know the streets should be virtually empty, then it gives the security forces less people to check and also means that any unexpected movement can be considered as suspicious. This greatly helps with hindering the movement of wanted people and arms.

A little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing. Todays winner is bigt116 and who has read one too many Tom Clancy novels.

bigt116 is actually right. As a former police officer of 25+ years I can say it is a tactic to stop people and vehicles in the dead of night when no-one is expected to be out. It can lead to some quote fortuitous findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Junta changes curfew time to midnight - 4 am

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order announced Tuesday night that the curfew period will be reduced to four hours a day from midnight to 4 am.

The new curfew time will take effect on Wednesday.

The change was announced in NCPO's 42nd order.

Now, the curfew is imposed from 10 pm to 4 am.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-27

Just think of it as a 'time-out' for all the children.

The movement of arms from the North by road to Bangkok.

They can't move them during the day ?

Touche, though without a curfew they would prefer to move them under the cover of darkness.

Also, do you remember how many grenade attacks the red shirts perpetrated on the PDRC camps during the day. I don't remember any. There were a lot more done at night. Cover of darkness again.

Think you have been watching too many crazy movies. Give it a rest, you are making such a fool of yourself. blink.png

The Tourist Ministry proved that all illegal activity occurs between midnight and 4 Am, and that makes everything okay.

Well the whole point of a curfew is quite obvious in this current political climate, as already stated. I'm just wondering if anyone has been stopped/fined/banged up, or knows of someone that has been done...

Not here, but this is Samui and except for the late shops, life goes on as usual, bars still open.

• Like 1

They can't move them during the day ?

Touche, though without a curfew they would prefer to move them under the cover of darkness.

Also, do you remember how many grenade attacks the red shirts perpetrated on the PDRC camps during the day. I don't remember any. There were a lot more done at night. Cover of darkness again.

Think you have been watching too many crazy movies. Give it a rest, you are making such a fool of yourself. blink.png

Ok, why do you think there is a curfew?

Was there only grenade attacks on PDRC sites after dark? Do people not use the cover of darkness to commit crimes.

Instead of belittling me which I can only assume relieves your frustrations, how about adding to the forum and giving me your reasons for the curfew?

Or did you only want to belittle me and not add anything?

Because my points so far are more plausible than yours. Which are none!

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

What is this going to do to the long term expat's body clock, they had just finished adjusting to the last one and had the shock of having had some of their vices exposed to the cruel light of day must have also taken it's toll.

I lot of the tourist places had been ignoring the curfew or in effect creating lock-in's till 5am, the 4am lock-in seems more reasonable.

The NCPO relaxes curfew from May 28

Beginning 28/05/14 the nationwide curfew will be between 0001-0400. Other details unchanged.

-- thaivisa.com 2014-05-27

The Nation and the Bangkok Post report the revised curfew to be between midnight and 4am, which is correct?

Also, do you remember how many grenade attacks the red shirts perpetrated on the PDRC camps during the day that killed over 20 and injured over 700. There were a lot more done at night. Cover of darkness again.

How many grenade attacks were the red shirts responsible for, djjamie? You say you know, tell us how you do and which red shirts were responsible. Or shall we put this down to the good old TVF "every one knows" standard of evidence.

That was quick -Someone beamed you up when a red colour was mentioned.

You see this is what all this dung is about, This colour is the only mega problem left. Your still trying to cling on, OK it's your view.

• Like 1

Bit of logic: curfew midnight-start change activates on 28 May but today is 27 May (ergo curfew still starts at 10 pm tonight). #Confused?

Yes that is why your original post before you edited it was very confusing, in fact the heading "The NCPO relaxes curfew from tonight"

is inaccurate as the curfew is still in force as of 10pm today, May 27th.

The Post says "effective Wednesday."

The Nation: "The new curfew time will take effect on Wednesday. Now, the curfew is imposed from 10 pm to 4 am."

Edited by NomadJoe

Just think of it as a 'time-out' for all the children.

lol, good call!!!

Well the whole point of a curfew is quite obvious in this current political climate, as already stated. I'm just wondering if anyone has been stopped/fined/banged up, or knows of someone that has been done...

Not here, but this is Samui and except for the late shops, life goes on as usual, bars still open.

Phuket is no different though not sure about the bars. My husband and I spend more time on the beach or in our condo. smile.png

Stay safe.

The Tourist Ministry proved that all illegal activity occurs between midnight and 4 Am, and that makes everything okay.

another good call!!