BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

The NCPO relaxes curfew from tonight

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

Although they've already banned more than 5 people at a time for political gatherings, it also helps ensure that nobody can camp out overnight

how about the malls? will they have new open and close times?

I would imagine they will revert back to 10pm closing,

Why have a curfew for 4 hours, why cant they just lift the curfew and be done with it.

Maybe they have there reasons ?

Their reasons. To reduce RTAs. Just think of the lives that are saved if you can get the bars shut and people drinking at home and nor driving their cars. There we go.

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

Do not wonder, The junta might well be aware that harmful activities might take place during the nights by supporters of political opposition parties, hence the input of curfew.

It is getting a bit better now for the general public, the curfew started initially from 10 PM to 5 AM, and now from midnight to 4 AM, and it will eventually come to an end.

711 not closing tonight, well at least the one I was just at in bkk

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hopefully they will quickly ease up the curfew ( like no curfew at all ) in other parts of Thailand than Bkk - like last time around.

Why have a curfew for 4 hours, why cant they just lift the curfew and be done with it.

Maybe they have there reasons ?

Their reasons. To reduce RTAs. Just think of the lives that are saved if you can get the bars shut and people drinking at home and nor driving their cars. There we go.

As long as they don't have wife's. that might mean more accidental falls off of balconies.

Its all about control. No diferrent to taking out your laptop and ipad at a multi million dollar airport scanner. No one at security can explain that either. Curfew makes more sense though.

Already in Nong Khai as of last night. Plus the border open and the Lao ladies came pouring back in.

I find the new curfew good. smile.png

First of all it would be great if i can shopping again in the malls and shops like before until 10 pm

And all the tourists and parents with kids can sleep well from 0 clock until 4 pm without loud bar music and drunk people. Specially for familly with kids and tourist who would like to sleep at that time thats a perfect solution.

If you know the streets should be virtually empty, then it gives the security forces less people to check and also means that any unexpected movement can be considered as suspicious. This greatly helps with hindering the movement of wanted people and arms.

A little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing. Todays winner is bigt116 and who has read one too many Tom Clancy novels.

bigt116 is actually right. As a former police officer of 25+ years I can say it is a tactic to stop people and vehicles in the dead of night when no-one is expected to be out. It can lead to some quote fortuitous findings.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1