The NCPO relaxes curfew from tonight

george

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Thai army, gives night time workers their income back again and still keeps some control on possible naughty night time activity

Nana Plaza horny customer count has been horribel during the last few days. A lot of people havent been getting their money so it seems. I wonder if pressure from these TYPES had anything to do with the easing of the curFEW hours?

Really, business wise -the curfew biggest casulties were the naughty ones.

Edited by choochoo

Bit of logic: curfew midnight-start change activates on 28 May but today is 27 May (ergo curfew still starts at 10 pm tonight). #Confused?

I received my TV text with the news after 2100 and a little later a friend who works in a very small restaurant called to ask if I knew what was happening as it was confusion at her work. Nice touch, a Thai having to ask a foreigner to explain what her government was up to, as if I could,

It seems the customers were beginning to leave to comply with the 2200 curfew when Thai TV broke the news so customers decided they could stay on and couldn't / wouldn't accept the original time was still in force so they wanted to drink to 2300 then leave. I have no idea what happened as I switched my phone and retired.

The timing of the announcement was poor.

Nit picking. Its effectively over for the majoirty of us. Be happy....................lol.

Great ! Thanks to Gen. Prayuth i can kick the lady out of my room at 0400h am, saving me from listening to their bullshit stories until 0500h am...cheesy.gif

If you do not want to listen to their bullshit, then don't bring them into your room. You can always use a blow-up ......

Edited by ianf

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

Possibly because that was when most of the attacks were made against the PDRC protests over the past 6 months.

I'm warming to Gen Prayuth.

He's making a lot of smart moves and hopefully there are more to come.

The broom through the BiB's, will, if done properly, will be a major boost to Thailand.

I've never known a place where the cops are held in such fear and not regarded as being there to serve and protect.

Paying of the rice farmers is another smart move.

'Pauperising' of the Shinawatras would be the icing of the cake. I hope he has the smarts to do and finally cut out the cancer that has been ailing Thailand for the past decade and a half

I'm warming to this guy too... so far, playing it smartly... As well as the fact that this whole country needs a good slap upside the head, and this one should have been sooner!

RT@Thai_Talk: NCPO revises curfew to midnight-4pm effective tonight, and bans all illegal gambling nationwide. #ThaiCoup

Is it possible to ban something illegal? Isn't an illegal act, by definition, inherently banned???

Great. Guess yesterday s plea from TAT worked. Well, according to weapons caches found and interrogations that followed the red militia was being funded and got its weaponry to disturb society anyway they could. Curbing movement after dark probably helps.

Personally, I hope they keep the new curfew in affect for the next 20 years. I have just enjoyed the best sleep in years with the old curfew. People should not be out and about at 3 and 4 in the morning. Blowing out their ear drums, driving drunk, fighting and yelling on the streets. IMHO

wai.gif

RT@Thai_Talk: NCPO revises curfew to midnight-4pm effective tonight, and bans all illegal gambling nationwide. #ThaiCoup

Hmmm... I thought illegal gambling was already banned. I thought all illegal activity was banned.

The BiB turn a blind eye at funerals.

• Like 1

Hmmm... I thought illegal gambling was already banned. I thought all illegal activity was banned.

I guess it's about lottery and police controlled football toto games.

I haven't seen the toto collectors for quite a while now ...

They also will go after illegal gambling tents like the one of "Kamnan of PathuNam(Pa PathuNam)" an influental ABAC graduate. ... and others of course ...

Edited by wealth

I guess it's about lottery and police controlled football toto games.

I haven't seen the toto collectors for quite a while now ...

They also will go after illegal gambling tents like the one of "Kamnan of PathuNam(Pa PathuNam)" an influental ABAC graduate. ... and others of course ...

They really shouldn't have to announce they are going to enforce laws already on the books. Maybe it was a directive to the police and not for general consumption.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

The movement of arms from the North by road to Bangkok.

Correct ,now all we need is to be a little more maturity and get those financial and western news back on TV and everyone will be happy.bah.gif

Edited by chainarong

pathetic especially from a '15 Rules of Democracy' guy who supports a coup cheesy.gif

Everything is pathetic if it's not Thaksins idea.

well the journalists here have been summoned - you support this of course... along with the 15 Rules of Democracy that Jamie adheres to so much - is that Thaksin's idea too?

"The coup commander Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha on Tuesday "requested" that two of the country's best known military reporters stop asking "aggressive questions" at his press conferences and aides said the press should "cheer him on" rather than ask tough questions"

• Like 2

So, if I understand this correctly, since gambling is already illegal, and no one takes any notice of that, they've decided to ban it?.......................yep, can see that working well.

So, if I understand this correctly, since gambling is already illegal, and no one takes any notice of that, they've decided to ban it?.......................yep, can see that working well.

odds on that won't work

pathetic especially from a '15 Rules of Democracy' guy who supports a coup cheesy.gif

Everything is pathetic if it's not Thaksins idea.

well the journalists here have been summoned - you support this of course... along with the 15 Rules of Democracy that Jamie adheres to so much - is that Thaksin's idea too?

"The coup commander Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha on Tuesday "requested" that two of the country's best known military reporters stop asking "aggressive questions" at his press conferences and aides said the press should "cheer him on" rather than ask tough questions"

You do not still get it do you, All this caution has to take place at this time and everything done properly methodically.

The aggression/ applies to all -press included. we want calm at this time, curfews-aggressive acts have to be subdued .

Tell me what element is still a threat ??? THAKSIN, no one else, just his hardcore elements. Otherwise things will get back to normality and when that happens-and not until elections can be on the horizon.

Cut the crap about thins are bad----it is on the right track, farmers being paid etc. No more about others prevented their payments please, PTP did not pay.

Remember Yingluck after 1 year pleaded with Thais to give her time. TRUE.

Why do you feel the curfew is in place?

You folks may be missing the point about why the military has imposed a curfew. It's about control not about stopping any illicit behavior.

When I was raising teenagers I imposed a curfew on them. Of course they could get up to shenanigans before they were due home and of course the arbitrary curfew time I set was just that... arbitrary. I needed to let them know who was in control and the consequences of disrespecting my position of power and leadership. They also needed to get enough sleep but that was beside the point.

The current curfew situation in Thailand is no different. Of course you can smuggle arms or conspire with others in broad daylight so the curfew doesn't really stop illicit activity. The points the curfew makes are:

1. Things are different now.

2. We (the army) are in control.

3. You will recognize our authority.

4. You will do our bidding or suffer the consequences.

The coup leaders are simply excercising control with a curfew muscle flex.

• Like 1