The NCPO relaxes curfew from tonight

george

So, if I understand this correctly, since gambling is already illegal, and no one takes any notice of that, they've decided to ban it?.......................yep, can see that working well.

There is legal gambling in Thailand - the lottery and horse-track races.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never known a place where the cops are held in such fear and not regarded as being there to serve and protect.

Then you haven't been to Mexico yet.

Amen, or a ton of other countries.wink.png

Touche, though without a curfew they would prefer to move them under the cover of darkness.

Also, do you remember how many grenade attacks the red shirts perpetrated on the PDRC camps during the day that killed over 20 and injured over 700. There were a lot more done at night. Cover of darkness again.

How many grenade attacks were the red shirts responsible for, djjamie? You say you know, tell us how you do and which red shirts were responsible. Or shall we put this down to the good old TVF "every one knows" standard of evidence.

It's funny, I've given you this citation many times, invariably you never reply to it:

Police seized an M79 launcher, six M79 grenades and four hand grenades along with several other weapons in a raid on Thursday night, and discovered that the grenades had the same lot numbers as those used in earlier attacks.

Pol General Aek Angsananont, deputy commissioner general of the Royal Thai Police, said the weapons were found near the rally site of red-shirt group outside the National Anti-Corruption Commission headquarters. The police had come over to check the area after two M79 grenades were fired at the NACC compound earlier in the night.

Aek said the weapons had been left on a deserted plot at the mouth of Soi Nonthaburi 46 in a green cloth bag. The cache seized included two M79 cartridges, a .45 revolver with 44 rounds of ammunition and 39 rounds of 7.62mm calibre ammunition and four RGD-5 hand grenades.

A police source said the M79 grenades had the same lot number as those fired at the Thai PBS head office on February 26, while the RDG-5 grenades had the same lot number as those used in previous attacks in Bangkok's Bang Na area, Chon Buri and Nonthaburi.

Apart from seizing the war weapons on Thursday night, police also arrested four armed suspects.

The suspects were identified as Chuchart Chusiri, 33; Ratanapong Inthararangsi, 35; Samai Boonnarn, 60; and Kompakorn Kohkaew, 46; and were found hanging out with the security guards of the red-shirt People's Radio for Democracy group near the NACC headquarters.

Chuchart was caught carrying a shotgun with 38 rounds of ammunition, while Ratanapong was carrying an AK-47 assault rifle with 120 rounds of ammunition and two RGD-5 grenades. Samai had a home-made gun along with 11 rounds of 9mm ammunition, while Kompakorn was nabbed as he is wanted for car theft.

So, Red Shirts, caught immediately after a grenade attack on the NACC, with grenades bearing the same serials as those used in previous attacks. Are you going to acknowledge reading this now or you'll do the usual act of pretending not to see it?

Besides that, and more recently, we have the cache of weapons belonging to Red Shits with one of the guns matching bullets used in the Trat attack (which also included grenades being fired)

No I remember that. I'm just asking you to qualify how many grenade attacks have been proved, not attributed to, the red shirts as you state

"do you remember how many grenade attacks the red shirts perpetrated on the PDRC camps during the day that killed over 20 and injured over 700"

and you have come back with one incident of arrests of suspects after an "attack" on the NACC.......................coffee1.gif

No I remember that. I'm just asking you to qualify how many grenade attacks have been proved, not attributed to, the red shirts as you state

"do you remember how many grenade attacks the red shirts perpetrated on the PDRC camps during the day that killed over 20 and injured over 700"

and you have come back with one incident of arrests of suspects after an "attack" on the NACC.......................coffee1.gif

They are terrorists or murderers no matter what colour shirt they wear. However, many here can't see past the colours.

• Like 1

i actually think the curfew should be year round - if they cant behave like adults they should be treated like the ignorant, spoiled children that they are

Everybody has to suffer a little, Thais who have street BBQ etc, 3am morning markets, Maybe most of all Tourists, but now before midnight, plenty of time to go out have dinner and after drinks. for those all night drinkers-no real need, it's a habit to kick.

Could relax the curfew completely soon and in place stop music, loud noise say 12-30am. for all time.

Same the shops, if you open 24 hours there is always some silly so and so will go out and get a top up for the mobile at 4am.

But agree with your post but would say only a % are the ones like this. Problem is these are the ones that are causing the problems, them that have not grown up, or had not had good caring parents in most cases.

• Like 1

For one, I can say it's pretty refreshing to be able to wake up in the morning and read the news... and NOT see the latest episode of Thais killing each other in grenade or gunfire attacks.

Whether it's been the curfew or the coup or anything else, a bit of peace and avoiding/reducing death and injuries is a pretty good thing.

• Like 1

How many grenade attacks were the red shirts responsible for, djjamie? You say you know, tell us how you do and which red shirts were responsible. Or shall we put this down to the good old TVF "every one knows" standard of evidence.

It's funny, I've given you this citation many times, invariably you never reply to it:

Police seized an M79 launcher, six M79 grenades and four hand grenades along with several other weapons in a raid on Thursday night, and discovered that the grenades had the same lot numbers as those used in earlier attacks.

Pol General Aek Angsananont, deputy commissioner general of the Royal Thai Police, said the weapons were found near the rally site of red-shirt group outside the National Anti-Corruption Commission headquarters. The police had come over to check the area after two M79 grenades were fired at the NACC compound earlier in the night.

Aek said the weapons had been left on a deserted plot at the mouth of Soi Nonthaburi 46 in a green cloth bag. The cache seized included two M79 cartridges, a .45 revolver with 44 rounds of ammunition and 39 rounds of 7.62mm calibre ammunition and four RGD-5 hand grenades.

A police source said the M79 grenades had the same lot number as those fired at the Thai PBS head office on February 26, while the RDG-5 grenades had the same lot number as those used in previous attacks in Bangkok's Bang Na area, Chon Buri and Nonthaburi.

Apart from seizing the war weapons on Thursday night, police also arrested four armed suspects.

The suspects were identified as Chuchart Chusiri, 33; Ratanapong Inthararangsi, 35; Samai Boonnarn, 60; and Kompakorn Kohkaew, 46; and were found hanging out with the security guards of the red-shirt People's Radio for Democracy group near the NACC headquarters.

Chuchart was caught carrying a shotgun with 38 rounds of ammunition, while Ratanapong was carrying an AK-47 assault rifle with 120 rounds of ammunition and two RGD-5 grenades. Samai had a home-made gun along with 11 rounds of 9mm ammunition, while Kompakorn was nabbed as he is wanted for car theft.

So, Red Shirts, caught immediately after a grenade attack on the NACC, with grenades bearing the same serials as those used in previous attacks. Are you going to acknowledge reading this now or you'll do the usual act of pretending not to see it?

Besides that, and more recently, we have the cache of weapons belonging to Red Shits with one of the guns matching bullets used in the Trat attack (which also included grenades being fired)

You are encouraging me to go "off topic" which I will not do. This is about the curfew and I gave my reasons that I felt it was in place. No more, no less.

Trust me. The list I have is growing. Give the General some time to investigate and all will be revealed.

This is not the time or place to discuss this however.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

An "attack", that there tells everything there is to know about your attitude to clear evidence of Red Shirt wrongdoing.

What part of "the RDG-5 grenades had the same lot number as those used in previous attacks in Bangkok's Bang Na area, Chon Buri and Nonthaburi." is it hard for you to understand? Well, it's not that you don't understand, it's they you don't want to understand in order to save face, you'll just keep denying and obfuscating.

Same as with the burning of Central World by Red Shirts in 2010, there is indisputable video evidence of Red Shirts doing it, still you deny it, don't you?

• Like 1

So, if I understand this correctly, since gambling is already illegal, and no one takes any notice of that, they've decided to ban it?.......................yep, can see that working well.

Not sure how you managed to quote a post from me that I never made or even responded to.

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

Movement of arms and people to strategic locations across the country.

I wonder what they think will be happening that is a threat to national security between midnight and 4a.m??

The movement of arms from the North by road to Bangkok.

pathetic especially from a '15 Rules of Democracy' guy who supports a coup cheesy.gif

Why do you feel the curfew is in place?

well you missed my larger point but to answer the minor one probably for the Army to have ease of movement

Last night on May 27, 2014 Me and “Paul the Toy Man” went flying quad copters at Pattaya beach as usual. At about 10:50pm as I was flying the Phantom quad copter I could hear in back of me the sounds that you hear from a two way radio normally carried by the police. I did a quick glanced over my shoulder and verified there was indeed a group of 3 or more dark blue colored cops the kind that carry guns (the real ones not the tourist police). I continued to fly like I didn't know they were there and acting as if I didn't know I was doing something wrong. Paul in his infinite wisdom and charm goes and talks to the cops and finds out they just stopped there to see some of our quad-copter air show. For a bit I thought I was about to have some hand cuffs put on my wrists and dragged to jail for being out past the Curfew that on this date was supposed to be at 10:00pm. Paul even ask them when all this curfew stuff was going to be over and we hear “oh tomorrow all done” in not so good english. Shortly after my aircraft battery was dead and I had to land the quad copter, the group of police continued on there way down the beach to look for real criminals. So that was a relief. So with that we continued to fly till 11:50pm until we were all out of batteries and had already crashed and broken one prop on the X quad that we were testing this day. So we packed up all the gear and headed home, but before we did I went to see if the Family Mart was still open but to find it had already closed some time before 11:50pm so not sure how late they stayed open on this day.

Oh and I loved that link to youtube video yestarday of Walking Street at midnight wow that is really dead. And I'm very happy to hear from others here that they are going to push the new curfew time to 12:01am starting today. That's plenty late for me.

You are encouraging me to go "off topic" which I will not do. This is about the curfew and I gave my reasons that I felt it was in place. No more, no less.

Trust me. The list I have is growing. Give the General some time to investigate and all will be revealed.

This is not the time or place to discuss this however.

I'm sure the General will look forward to your list. Kind of like Schindlers but different I feel whistling.gif . You're frightening, you really are.

• Like 2

They are terrorists or murderers no matter what colour shirt they wear. However, many here can't see past the colours.

I would say the same if my side was responsible for most deaths and carnage.

The acts of both sides that take lives are despicable but we should never forget that one side his body-count is way higher as the other side. Also should not forget that that side was protected by the police and maybe even government and the other side was not and still they could not prove much for the other side.

But ever since 2010 it was proven that the reds and their supporters have more violent tendencies then the yellows. Take the airport occupation to get rid of a government vs the burning of BKK.

I can see perfectly well past colors and see what side is worse then the other. Neither should use violence that is for sure and no matter what side a killer is on he should be punished.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

An "attack", that there tells everything there is to know about your attitude to clear evidence of Red Shirt wrongdoing.

What part of "the RDG-5 grenades had the same lot number as those used in previous attacks in Bangkok's Bang Na area, Chon Buri and Nonthaburi." is it hard for you to understand? Well, it's not that you don't understand, it's they you don't want to understand in order to save face, you'll just keep denying and obfuscating.

Same as with the burning of Central World by Red Shirts in 2010, there is indisputable video evidence of Red Shirts doing it, still you deny it, don't you?

Oh do behave, you're like lemmings. Sorry, wrong animal. It's moles, as in whack a mole - knock one down and another one comes out of the woodwork.

Your "whacking down" has been underwhelming. You refuse to acknowledge anything that goes against your preconceived ideas; which would be fine since it is your right to be a deluded person, but this is a news forum, where news are presented and discussed and your feeble denials are anathema to that.

Sorry you're underwhelmed - come back when you have proof not supposition.

djjamie stated that red shirts were responsible for the deaths of 20 plus people and wounding 200 plus more. I asked for his proof as he must have proof to definitively make that statement.

He provided a news link to an arrest on suspicion of having weapons, you provide a "The Nation"article about grenades found near a red shirt being of the same batch used previously, but so far, no proof, just supposition. In the meantime he accused me of being a liar when I questioned his statement that there were no attacks on red shirt rallies. I provided proof of an attack on a red shirt rally, 3 red shirts killed, what did I get - Silence, not an apology, nothing. See that is proof , not supposition.

Edited by ubonjoe
Removed a inflammatory comment
  • Like 1

The movement of arms from the North by road to Bangkok.

pathetic especially from a '15 Rules of Democracy' guy who supports a coup cheesy.gif

Why do you feel the curfew is in place?

well you missed my larger point but to answer the minor one probably for the Army to have ease of movement

Ok. I am, glad we can disagree. That is a principle of democracy.

Thanks Binjalin.

Not sure how you managed to quote a post from me that I never made or even responded to.

Apologies. The quote function seems to be screwing up a lot these days.

Any word on what time the BTS will stop tonight?

I want to go out for a few beers but don't fancy taking a taxi back because you can guarantee that if there's no public transport on the unscrupulous b*astards will take great delight in trying to charge OTT fares off meter knowing there's little other option.

Any word on what time the BTS will stop tonight?

I want to go out for a few beers but don't fancy taking a taxi back because you can guarantee that if there's no public transport on the unscrupulous b*astards will take great delight in trying to charge OTT fares off meter knowing there's little other option.

BTS 6.00 am - 11.00 pm start today.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The thread is about the curfew and people have been trying to get in posts/questions on it only to be drowned out by a flamefest that is now is officially over, all posts removed.

Please stay on topic and refrain from hijacking this or any other thread for useless political bickering.

Any more and the participants will find themselves on a posting holiday....all of you.

• Like 1

I would like to travel from Pattaya to the BKK airport, leaving Pattaya by private car at 2:30 a.m. to catch an international flight at 6:50 a.m. Can this be accomplished legally? Do I need special permission to travel at this time?