young guy in Nongbualamphu, friends are hard to find

Smurkster

I am 25 years old, I am married to a wonderful girl the same age as me. We have set up a rather successful private English center out of our apartment, nothing big, but after a year and a half the word has sort of gotten around. She also has exceptional English skills as she studied in the USA and she is doing translating....

problem is, all my friends have either left or turned out to be complete drunkards, or bi polar types....

I like to take hikes up to Phupan Noy and like to explore with motorbikes around the province (although my motorbike was stolen ,because I lent it to a falang friend who left the keys in the ignition...facepalm.gif ) I also like to practice my Thai/Issan around the town

If anyone lives in the Nongbualamphu area and would like to meet up for a coffee or a cold beer...any age please PM me...with this lack of friends in Thailand, I have cabin fever...who knows? Maybe we already know each other!

Not my area, but good luck, it is a nice area though, some good rides on the bike I suspect,

I made a number of Thai friends in my part of the world, maybe spend a weekend in KK?

I live at the western edge of NBL province, near Erawan. I ride a a HD Road King. I am 58 I do not do hiking , but a beer does sound good once in a while.

I spend 90% of my time in my house. Cabin fever does not affect em but I do not mind an outing sometimes.

problem is, all my friends have either left or turned out to be complete drunkards, or bi polar types..

But you're looking for somebody to have a cold beer. Makes perfect sense. What does a bi polar type look like? Got photos, please?

I will be the first. I thought it was rather hard to set this up. How many people do you employ to get your wp?

I am thinking of doing this myself along with other things.

If it is under the table better to not post about it herewai2.gif

I will be the first. I thought it was rather hard to set this up. How many people do you employ to get your wp?

Not that hard to set something like this up with time, patience, a good partner and the right paperwork...I can assure you my friend it is all 100% legal....

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 1

nope not under the table at all, 100% legit, WP and all...

maprao gave you pretty good advice and it seems that you don't know much about the laws here.Better to keep a low profile, just a tip.

maprao gave you pretty good advice and it seems that you don't know much about the laws here.Better to keep a low profile, just a tip.

not really sure what you are getting at, I have a work permit...so wherein lies the problem? please, I'd love to know how you are so privy to my situation...

Edited by Smurkster

Not that hard to set something like this up with time, patience, a good partner and the right paperwork...I can assure you my friend it is all 100% legal....

How are you here? do YOU have a work permit? if not best not to be p[osting that you are involved in an illegal operation. if your friend is thai oly she can do this. you sound a bit nieve and pompus to me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If it is under the table better to not post about it herewai2.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Convince us it is legal........if you don't have "x" number of thai employees then I think not. Perhaps you 'legally' paid under the table for your paperwork??? However, if it is legal.....please enlighten us all as to how.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why is it, that when someone posts a serious, honest, question or topic on TV, they almost always get hammered with a bunch of stupid comments from twits with nothing to offer but drivel? If you don't have anything constructive to add, why comment? just shut the hell up!

WHY??? I am not sure where you think you are living....but here on Earth....there are many stupid and inconsiderate people....most are morons....most have no lives....many live on this site....the mods can not control them all (even though they do give effort). Countries invade other countries....gov'ts spy on anyone they want....they condemn whistle blowers who are suppose to be protected....and still you ask why. This is par for the course....see you in the club house.

Ok...first of all I am only technically an employee. The company is owned by my wife, her mother and her father...I am EMPLOYED by the company as I would be any other company, nothing more...I am not a part owner or anything like that...I know that this company is legal and nothing was done "under the table" like you people are assuming....

why is it so hard to accept that maybe actually everything I am doing was done through the right channels?

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 2

Why is it, that when someone posts a serious, honest, question or topic on TV, they almost always get hammered with a bunch of stupid comments from twits with nothing to offer but drivel? If you don't have anything constructive to add, why comment? just shut the hell up!

WHY??? I am not sure where you think you are living....but here on Earth....there are many stupid and inconsiderate people....most are morons....most have no lives....many live on this site....the mods can not control them all (even though they do give effort). Countries invade other countries....gov'ts spy on anyone they want....they condemn whistle blowers who are suppose to be protected....and still you ask why. This is par for the course....see you in the club house.

I totally agree with you. Now, I will shut the hell up. wai2.gif

Ok...first of all I am only technically an employee. The company is owned by my wife, her mother and her father...I am EMPLOYED by the company as I would be any other company, nothing more...I am not a part owner or anything like that...I know that this company is legal and nothing was done "under the table" like you people are assuming....

why is it so hard to accept that maybe actually everything I am doing was done through the right channels?

Because you offended the majority of TV members when you were judgmental about alcoholics and bi-polar types...it describes most here.

You might look into the HHH "Hash House Harriers" or other running clubs. They are almost always a good bunch of people who probably like to hike as well.

Good luck.

Well I guess you could be a 49% partner couldn't you? As funds and knowledge go, how much do you contribute..... It would be my guess you are quite an asset,,,, And of course I would assume that they fluent in the language, correct? Yes I am speaking of the English lingo.... Just my two cents.... I wish you the best of luck... wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

i hope for your very successfull english language business, you have the needed WP

as words go out and you don't have the papers (working out of your appartments) you might end up deported

I live about 40 kilometers from Nong Bua Lamphu and you are welcome to drop by anytime you are in the area.

I am an aged pensioner but live as comfortably as is possible and I enjoy visiting with english speakers.

I do not drink, smoke or chase wanton women. I am not bi-polar that I know of.

Be warned, however. I am a Republican.

PM me if you are interested.