Crackdown On Dive Industry

george

why does everyone assume that thais would make bad dm's and inst's? Some of the worst dm's and inst's are farang. I have yet to see a thai inst turn up at the jetty at 6 am stillstoned cos he came straight from the all night party at the bar.....

They tend to appreciate the job a lot more because on average for them to get to that position takes a lot more hard work and effort as they (usually) just dont have the disposable income to say "oh, i fancy being an inst" and then just buy their cert. They normally have to work very hard and long to get there.

A large proportion of the farang's in the dive industry on the other hand are total piss heads that have little or no idea of how to behave in a professional manner and it makes me ashamed sometimes to be associated with them. The profession of inst's is almost becoming ajoke with the number of people that use it as a means to fund their drinking......

(i will now get off the soap box) :o

And I have my doubts if Somchai from Kwaiburi without any school and understand of physics, as well not interested in diving at all, just in the money will be a good theacher.

Well,

Seen my fair share of un-educated / drunk falang instructors. One guy I know of with a hooker GF, who sent her kid out to beg on the pattaya streets so she and him can booze at night time. I can tell you that my Falang ( german ) instructor turned out to be far worse than many a Thai instructor that I have seen.

I have alot of Thai instructor and non-instructor friends, some of which are not only very professional, but fun to be with.

I just saw pretty professional farang instructors and not yet one thai instructor. Pattaya is a special problem, some of the lowest of the lowest farangs mix with the lowest of the lowest thais. But as well there are a lot of good guys.

By the way that the german is an aszhole to her kid, does not make him automatic a bad instructor.