Best place to live in Thailand

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, forgot to mention. When visiting this website http://www.hadtuen.com/home.html the photo gallery is on the menu tab is denoted as 'The General Atmosphere'

Photos showing roads are actually inside the resort, they are not of the resort road itself, this cannot be seen from inside the resort grounds.

The resort grounds (lawns for lack of a better name), meet the sand of the beach. This really is a beach resort...................with Internet access.

Pattaya has become one of the great sewers of the world.

Generally low class (very) visitors - too many from countries and cultures who cause most of the world's violence - dirty streets, smelly sewer pipes, scum of the earth hookers and thieves walking down the beach sidewalk day and night, and very dangerous (read any weekly local newspaper for the latest daily crime storie).

Those are just a the few reasons to NOT COME HERE! In the 10 years I've lived in this weird country, Pattaya has gone from a fun place to a cess pool. It is inconceivable anyone with any intelligence would like it here.

• Like 2

The only place worth settling down in Thailand is Bangkok, but it doesn't have a beach. It is relatively expensive, but there are some quiet places, even in the centre. Other places are good for visiting or even owning a holiday home, but for everyday living, Bangkok is number 1.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is nothing wrong with Pattaya. If you like quiet you can live in Jomtien or on the East side. If you want more action you can live in town. Sattahip is also very nice, but much more quite than Pattaya. The nice thing about Pattaya is that there are things going on all the time if you are looking for things to do. Also, it is only a 2 hour ride to BKK. Pattaya has 4 hospitals and numerous shopping areas. Central Festival is as good as it gets for shopping malls.

I live in Jomtien. Baht buses pass the condo entrance 24 hours a day so it is easy to get into Pattaya if you have no transport of your own. Makro, Bic C and Tesco are all within easy reach though a car would be beneficial for Makro.

There are numerous bars and restaurants within easy walking distance but it is also a lot quieter than Pattaya itself. The beach in Jomtien is better than its Pattaya equivalent but that doesn't really mean much.

Alan

• Like 1

The best beach in Thailand...is Nha Trang, VIetnam...arguable most beautiful beach in the world...

Although OP was asking about Thailand, I totally agree about Nha Trang. Incredible beach, a great theme park on an island, a cable car over the ocean away, amazingly wonderful beach facing restaurants. My hotel room suite overlooking the ocean was 2000baht a night, but anywhere in the world it would be 12,000baht a night. Great nightlife. We went on a day boat tour of the small islands. At one point four tour boats locked together in the middle of the ocean, formed a square pool in the middle, and a boat party began. Tons of fun! Vietnam is definitely worth checking out as a place to live.

The best beach in Thailand...is Nha Trang, VIetnam...arguable most beautiful beach in the world...

Although OP was asking about Thailand, I totally agree about Nha Trang. Incredible beach, a great theme park on an island, a cable car over the ocean away, amazingly wonderful beach facing restaurants. My hotel room suite overlooking the ocean was 2000baht a night, but anywhere in the world it would be 12,000baht a night. Great nightlife. We went on a day boat tour of the small islands. At one point four tour boats locked together in the middle of the ocean, formed a square pool in the middle, and a boat party began. Tons of fun! Vietnam is definitely worth checking out as a place to live.

Nha Trang is on the South China Sea.

I want to go to this place but noticed there are no direct flights from bkk? What is the ebst way of getting there? I assume fly to Ho Chi Ming and change?

Oh, and despite what the naysayers say Pattaya is the best place to live here by a country mile. Some of the suggestions on this thread are places where I wouldn't want to spend a day in let alone live!

Don't go to Pattaya.

why Not Picture north Pattaya 1978, got the shops ,got few bars ,of to the island for clean sea ,still got quite place ,just need to look or know ,no shortage of nice ladies and few not so nice

post-177809-0-96498900-1401339737_thumb.

The only place worth settling down in Thailand is Bangkok, but it doesn't have a beach. It is relatively expensive, but there are some quiet places, even in the centre. Other places are good for visiting or even owning a holiday home, but for everyday living, Bangkok is number 1.

Yes...and every day has it's little political drama.

. Beautiful place. I met the man who pretty much owns Aonang, and he won't let the Russians in.

Does he have a patent on the "Russian Repellent Spray"? I would like a can or two.

Funny. The elderly man owned something like 50 banks and sold them all to a bigger company in the early 80's, then bought up all the beachfront property in Aonang. Owns the Krabi Resort, a couple others and an island. He was mayor for seven straight terms before his brother took over, and now is special console to the governor of Krabi. They have recently put in wide sidewalks up and down the main street, hundreds of palm trees and flower planter boxes. He won't allow any rentals on the most beautiful beach - that is, no beach chairs, no jet ski's, no annoying venders, only long tail boats that will take you to some of the most scenic places on earth.

• Like 1