Soldier neighbour threatening me and girlfriend

Myran

Sometimes people think I am insane to live in an Isan village with my wife and famlily.

But here people are quiet from 9 pm to 5 am and they would not insult you.

I would not change with someone living an appartement with Thai neighbours from this level of society.

I am afraid you have to move.

Firearms are easily used here.

I live in rural Thailand too in a small village and it is a peaceful and quiet life even with 2 resorts within a couple of hundred metres. Both get noisy at times but one packs in around midnight and the other about a hour later.

You would have to pay me big money to back to living in a city.

• Like 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it goes quiet next door and they are sleeping just return the compliment with noise, don’t get involved in any fisticuffs with him as Thais hunt in packs unless you have a bigger pack than them only problem with these neighbours he will be armed and good chance he will have immunity if anything happened like a gun discharging accidently, you have to remember who runs the country now junta , move out would be the sensible best option then get a few hard-up motorbike taxi drivers to visit him and have a quiet word with him it only cost s a little money.

The easy way is to move out. But.... this does not help and if you want to really fix things well I would tell your story to the tourist police, they seem to be the only ones who understand foreigners problems even if you are living there. Take some photos of them clandestinely and use that as evidence for some reason Thai's like to see photos of things. The cops may circulate this and who knows the guy may be a trouble maker they want to get rid of.

if it REALLY annoys you too much, get out and find another place. Anything else can lead to any trouble imaginable - or to no trouble, but the problem is you will only find out when it's too late... Be smart, don't try to "win" where the chances are almost certain that you would loose, in one way or another... It doesn't not mean you would be a coward, just that you are smart....

Yeah my girlfriend is out checking out options for a new apartment now, but it still brings my **** to a boil to let people get away with crap like this, and having to retreat because the worthless owner of the apartment complex won´t throw people out when they act uncivilized.

Well at least the owner of the apartment complex isn't totally, completely out of his (her?) mind. Everyone else in this story seems to be.

Listen to the local advice it was given with good reason.

But if you do have suicidal tendencies, then make lots of noise in the daytime including banging on the wall, the only way they will learn anything is when it is done back to them. But again I would suggest just move because the outcome is going to be bad for you not them, that is an already known factor.

Sometimes people think I am insane to live in an Isan village with my wife and famlily.

But here people are quiet from 9 pm to 5 am and they would not insult you.

I would not change with someone living an appartement with Thai neighbours from this level of society.

I am afraid you have to move.

Firearms are easily used here.

I agree I get pissed sometimes when I have to spend 300 baht to get home from a function in BKK. Then I read on line here and listent the BS about neighbors and rents and think 300 baht once in awhile ain't so bad clap2.gif

BTW I live in a house for 5000 a month great neighborsgiggle.gif

The flip side is the management might ask you to leave for being a constant complainer and their other Thai guests complaining about your complaining directly to them. That did happen to me -- I was asked to leave my service apartment of several years because the other guests were complaining that -- after my complaining to the management and the management doing nothing -- I was complaining directly to their Thai guests. One of the other reasons that they also asked me to leave is that, when my TGF would show up not wearing a bra, it was creating too much distraction amongst their employees and guests. No sh-t. So I figured I must be doing something right in this life.

My question is, is there anyone you can contact regarding soldiers that behave like this?

The National Council for Peace & Quiet?

The problem with all these matters in Thailand (whether it's the nutty neighbours or the the "out of control GF with her family and friends", as another commonly experienced example...), the chances are high you are dealing with an irrational bunch of people (just watch the Thai TV dramas and see the girl's standard way of behaviour. That's how Thai people show on TV to everyone how they are, and it's not a joke, thats REAL...).

Being "in the right" may not be of any use to you as these people will find another way to make your life hell... maybe even more so if "you are right"... (in Thailand more than in other places).

Best to think hard at the very start (before things escalate) and just "swallow pride" and move on...

Real strength shows sometime just in the ability not having to fight for a useless outcome, rather than "sticking to one's gun" and get a lot of headache in return... life is too short for getting dragged into other people's nonsense...

100% correct.... A farang is never right in Thailand! Good point!

Move......today!

Thai Penis Extensions are:

- I'm a Cop.

- I'm a Soldier.

Entitlements, no obligations, are to make plenty of noise (at night especially) and be tw**s to show off their extensions.

Give it up and move away mate; if you upset his "virtual dick space" he will become a <deleted> instantly.

• Like 1

hey, OP, should you "swallow pride and move on" (like a few here suggest you should), please keep us updated on how that goes down with your (Thai, i guess...) GF/partner..... That would be interesting to know.............. Hope you don't get from one trouble into the next one , just for being smart......... but that would not surprise me, unfortunately........ ;) Hope you also have a GF/partner as "smart" as you......

A Thai was sentenced to a 1000b fine (with a 2 yr suspended sentence) for killing two brits, in the news yesterday.

A 19 yr old Thai was fined 500b and released for stabbing a 70 year old Swiss man a few months ago.

Consider your place here, accept it, move on. :)

As much as I would like to say 'Don't let the selfish lowlife get away with it', my balanced view is that soldiers in Thailand know whatever trouble they get into, their boss will pull strings to drop any charges. Thais can switch to lie-mode overnight (ie when they have had chance to formulate their lie) and then it is your word against his. If you intend to stay then I would gather as much evidence over time as you can - but if you are renting, I would move.

Rude, noisy and violent people are everywhere from my experience. There are plenty of options, some of which are easier than others. I am in a similar situation, minus the soldier aspect. I am moving in July.

Keep It Simple.

• Like 1

6 months after you move out you may of course wish to revisit the parking lot there to reminisce, I'm sure his Fortuner with big rims and army decal on the front grille would be there.

Would be a shame if upon reminiscing you accidentally scratched along the side of it with your scooter.

• Like 2

A Thai was sentenced to a 1000b fine (with a 2 yr suspended sentence) for killing two brits, in the news yesterday.

A 19 yr old Thai was fined 500b and released for stabbing a 70 year old Swiss man a few months ago.

Consider your place here, accept it, move on. smile.png

A good reminder.

I still think that the office should spread romours of a ghost in that room and people are seeing it daily.

Then watch the little tart run out.