BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Myran

Soldier neighbour threatening me and girlfriend

" so I´m gonna catch it on video either way, just to have something to back up my side of the story if something happens."

Hmm....

The video won't help either way if something happens and you're dead !

Don't push your luck. You are not in your home country and should behave like this. You are a foreigner in Thailand and should listen to what the locals advice you to do. Get another apartment and move on i life.

That's what I would do.

A good example of why people should rent and not buy. If you owned the place it would not be as easy for you to just move out.

Maybe if you buy a Condo in a shit hole somewhere... What working class local Thai is going to be able to rent in a place where the monthly rent is from 20,000 Baht a month and higher ? none.

The OP must be living in a total dump if he's actually renting in the same complex that a local soldier can afford.

If you can't afford to pay a measly 600 dollars a month to rent in a proper place.. then why are you complaining?

http://www.expat-condos.com/view-talay-condos-2-9.html

Rent: 15,000 - 21,000 Baht

So you think the solution is to pay a f*** load of rent!?

Then say at the 'classy' place, the next neighbour turns out to be a pain in the rear but now you put down a shed load of money on deposits/securities maybe a lot of rental up front so I'm not sure your 'throw the cash at it' attitude is the answer.

When they sleep....STRIKE UP THE BAND!

Reminded me of this classic:

I was waiting for him to blow the boat up.

simplest way is to lodge a complaint with their unit head, just do it after you move. Even soldiers have to answer to someone and these idiots are no different. Just follow them to their unit one day, talk to their commanding officer and tell him that they are gathering there at night and issuing you and your partner with threats of violence if you complain, they will be raked over the coals and made to sort themselves out, more than likelky get hit with a lot of extra guard duties.

simplest way is to lodge a complaint with their unit head, just do it after you move. Even soldiers have to answer to someone and these idiots are no different. Just follow them to their unit one day, talk to their commanding officer and tell him that they are gathering there at night and issuing you and your partner with threats of violence if you complain, they will be raked over the coals and made to sort themselves out, more than likelky get hit with a lot of extra guard duties.

After all that shit is over suddenly you get whacked where nobody saw anything.........................Daft advice............Move out if you are not happy and NOT look over your shoulder chum...........thumbsup.gif

I'd even stay at a hotel until the move is complete. Might sound a bit extreme, but that is just what I would do in this situation. At least you will know that you and your girlfriend can sleep in safety.

Edited by Jay1

This isn't the west. He is basically the equivalent of a police officers now because of the coup. If he decides to cause greivous bodily harm to you with or without his buddies, he/they won't be punished to badly, therefore using the threat of punishment as a deterent isn't likely going to be effective in stopping him from administering a beatdown.

My suggestion to you is to tread carefully and relocate ASAP.

You have already been told straight to your face and your gf's face that they will NOT stop making noise and that you should watch your step.

The building staff also said they will not do anything.

Your gf is even reminded of the neighbor's intention when 'bumping' into each other at 7-11.

Soldiers are indeed very big at the moment.

The answer is obvious: find a new place to live.

Sometimes people think I am insane to live in an Isan village with my wife and famlily.

But here people are quiet from 9 pm to 5 am and they would not insult you.

I would not change with someone living an appartement with Thai neighbours from this level of society.

I am afraid you have to move.

Firearms are easily used here.

I live in rural Thailand too in a small village and it is a peaceful and quiet life even with 2 resorts within a couple of hundred metres. Both get noisy at times but one packs in around midnight and the other about a hour later.

You would have to pay me big money to back to living in a city.

They'd have to crank up the printing presses , give me ten gold pigs plus 100 maidens , all virgins for me to live in a small village.

but it still brings my **** to a boil to let people get away with crap like this,

If this is the worst problem you have to deal with while in Thailand...consider yourself fortunate...do not get into a pissing contest with these people...they are not rational or logical...your may lose more than face...if you continue after having been warned...