Soldier neighbour threatening me and girlfriend

Myran

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life means little in Thailand, land of smiles. Packup move same problem move again, cant win a argument if you are a Farang in Thailand!

Yes you can.

NO YOU CANT !!

I am afraid you have to move.

Firearms are easily used here.

its not like they would even need a firearm

just 2 or 3 guys could come around ,beat you to within an inch of your life

gang rape your wife while you watch

and the army would deny all involvement (officially) and say they were not real soldiers

the police would be too terrified of the army to even "investigate "

get outta there and hopefully the next place will be better .............rent in thailand ,dont buy !

• Like 2

A good example of why people should rent and not buy. If you owned the place it would not be as easy for you to just move out.

Maybe if you buy a Condo in a shit hole somewhere... What Thai is going to be able to rent in a 60,000 dollar or higher Condo complex? none.

or where the monthly rent is from 17,000 - 25,000 Baht a month ? none..

The OP must be living in a dump if he's actually renting in the same complex that locals.

Oh dear the generalizations...... How dare the natives live in high cost condo's only farangs can do this.....whistling.gif

I know of many Thai's owning and renting in hi end condo's dear chap and some are paying significantly more than 25k month and the ones who have bought have paid more than THB 10 million in some cases...

But by all means live in your own little fantasy world where the natives live in a THB 3k/m "room" and eat leaves from the side of the road and they should be glad of their lot.....thumbsup.gif

Yes there may be a few Thais paying that sort of money but as a % of population it's very very low. The vast majority do live in shit holes which makes you wonder about priorities when you see the brand new truck parked outside. Obviously on the never never for 5 years. It's all about bullshit face with the lot of em.

RUN!

Thais aren't dealing with a full deck to begin with. Its not their fault. Most of them fit the textbook definition of sociopaths and the more extreme psychopaths. They lack empathy, responsibility for their actions etc

so·ci·o·path
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Yeah my girlfriend is out checking out options for a new apartment now, but it still brings my **** to a boil to let people get away with crap like this, and having to retreat because the worthless owner of the apartment complex won´t throw people out when they act uncivilized.

The problem is this is Thailand get used to it, this is no shit I had a soldier toss a bomb onto my balcony in BKK shredded the bedroom lucky we were out that night but I left bedside light on, bib did absolutely nothing but did mention twenty grand might help, we moved ASAP , do the same, nobody gives a shit about farangs.

Thanks for all the answers.

My first option is of course to move, even if it is just to another floor and room in the same building. I just want to have some options in case things get out of hand before we have time to do so.

When I have three soldiers banging on my door at 3am I want to know where to call, since I have a hard time seeing the police helping me with soldiers.

this is one of those situations where you find a new place, and stop paying the rent where you live.

another reason why I left thailand.

at 3am, when they bang on your door, it is to remove you as a nuisance to their power

"one of the apartment staff (who is sort of on our side) has warned us that we should be careful with these guys"

And very wise advice me thinks, these guys have access to tanks, assault rifles, grenades, and various other bits of kit which can spoil your day

I don't think the Military has a customer complaints department.

He's hardly going to attack him with a tank is he!!!!!A gun, possibly, but a tank would surely destroy half the street!!!