British Man falls to his death at Pattaya Hilton Hotel

webfact

British Man fall to his death at Pattaya Hilton Hotel

fall-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday, Police and medics were called to the Pattaya Hilton Hotel, situated above Central Festival Pattaya Beach, to investigate reports of a British Man who had fallen from a high floor onto a 2nd floor balcony.

The dead man was identified as Mr. George Alexander Coogan Bright aged 24 from Swindon, UK. His body was taken to the Morgue at Banglamung Hospital as investigators documented the crime scene.

The victim was decapitated and it is thought this occurred as he struck the 2nd Floor Balcony. Limited details were available from the scene and for now it is not clear if this was a suicide or if a third-party was involved in his death.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/129882/british-man-fall-to-his-death-at-pattaya-hilton-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-30

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who concluded suicide, have you seen how drunk some people get in patts and treat people like dirt?

Not saying he did treat people like dirt or was pissed enough to fall...

R.I.P only a young lad.

Edited by rhythmworx

Sadness and depression can hit you at any age. Suicide is a problem the world over, and the depression that leads to this point is not gender nor culturally specific. May this poor young lad now rest in peace, and find the peace that evaded him in this short life. Say a prayer and lift a glass and tell someone you love them.

Or maybe one thought good as another i.e. stop that bloody drinking you enghlish guys are doing....amongst others...

Glegolo

Another tragic death.

How many farangs dies this way every week in Thailand?

Apparently dozens of foreigners dies in Pattaya every year, in most case we even get to hear about

it as the death ruled to be of natural causes...

for now it is not clear if this was a suicide or if a third-party was involved in his death.

So it is made clear, it's suicide or murder, for sure no blame to the Thai constructor or hotel for having life threatening low balcony rails.

• Like 1

I see the TV detective force is out in force. Booze, low balcony rails being blamed again. Soon the tin foil hat brigade will be out in force whispering about sinister Thais in the shadows.

Show some respect (for yourselves, not just the departed) instead of making asinine guesses).

OK, move on, move on nothing to see here.

I see the TV detective force is out in force. Booze, low balcony rails being blamed again. Soon the tin foil hat brigade will be out in force whispering about sinister Thais in the shadows.

Show some respect (for yourselves, not just the departed) instead of making asinine guesses).

I agree.

In a free society, people enjoy the right to say all they want, even if the speech is opaque to others.

RIP Dear Man.

Thailand has aspirations to be the hub of many things, but for sure it is the hub of

tourists falling out of high buildings and dying. I would really like to see the numbers

of deaths like that over the course of a year here, versus some other large tourist based

city in the world. It is actually a regular feature of the news here, yet I cannot recall any

other city I have lived in where people fall out of buildings in such high numbers.

Could it be..........

1. Depressed suicidal tourists love to come to Pattaya to die

2. Low railing design meant for Thais not farangs trips you over the edge

3. Excessive drinking and heights are not a good combo

4. Getting pitched out by a bunch of Thai men so assets can be seized

Suggestion for tourists. Only stay on the first or second floor of a hotel.

It's a much bigger problem in Spain, especially and once again involving mainly Brits. (Yes, I'm a Brit)....

for now it is not clear if this was a suicide or if a third-party was involved in his death.

So it is made clear, it's suicide or murder, for sure no blame to the Thai constructor or hotel for having life threatening low balcony rails.

Agreed. I have stayed in a few hotels that you could easily trip on the lower door rail when gping onto the balcony and the balcony rail is so low you could easily go over.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app