Back to back 30 day land entry followed by 60 day Non Imm 'O' extension.

For the past 2 years I have been crossing the border into Cambodia returning to Thailand immediately getting a 30 day VOA.

I have then visited my local Immigration office and extended my stay by 60 days based on being the father of a Thai child.

With the current restrictions is it possible to carry on doing this?

I am 64 year old British citizen married to a Thai with a 9 year old son who has dual nationality.

I have already read up on 1 year multi entry Non Imm 'O' from Laos in case I need to go down that route and have 2 questions....

1) Do I have to take my son with me when I make my application?

2) From what I have read it seems it is easier at Suvanakhet but I would prefer going to Vientienne. Is it really that much harder to get in Vientienne?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The non-O immigrant visa is the best way to go. Especially if you can show an ncome of 40,000 a month (can be from abroad) OR a bankaccount in Thailand with 400,000 baht in it.

Being married to a Thai, you can apply for a non-O multiple visa in savanakhet, Loas. In Vientianne you will only get a single.

Your wife or son will not need to acompany you, but of course you will need the necesarry documents.

You apply based on your marriage, not your child. Based on your child you will probably only get a single non-O.

Even with the 60 day extensions your entries would still be considered as living here on them.

If you go alone to Savannakhet be sure you have your wife sign and date copies of her house book and ID card. You will also need the original of your marriage certificate plus a copy.

Thanks Ubonjoe. I thought that would be Immigration's way of thinking.

I will call the Consul in Suvanakhet before I go just to make certain of their requirements.

As always you and Mario have offered sound advice in double quick time.