Qatar World Cup: '$5m payments to officials' corruption claim

Lite Beer

platini's just pooped on sepp.

Platini on Blatter: "I am supporting him no longer, it's finished. He knows it, I told him. I think FIFA needs a new breath of fresh air."

said it to french media apparently.

• Like 1

and when you're answerable to nobody but yourselves who's going to arrest you?

would be truly amazing if the FBI nabbed sepp. a modern day capone.

kind of concerned about these protests on thursday. though fully understand why the people are doing them.

If the World Cup has to be totally screwed up to help in the process of eliminating this cancer then it will be worth it in the long run

oh yeah, couldn't agree more really.

not to mention the schools, hospitals and other vital infrastructure that the brasilian people need like.

I'm sure you could do some conversion work on the stadia that are finished, although having been built by bent contractors who have probably slipped all sorts of cheap crap in, I'm guessing they will start falling down around August time.

Reckon China could be hosts after Qrapar then. smile.png

Come on Phil.

JB.

thumbsup.gif

Beckenbauer was one of the 22 members of the Fifa executive committee who in 2010 cast their secret votes for World Cup hosts, and he has never declared for which countries he voted. Last weekend, based on a cache of documents in its possession, theSunday Times alleged that Beckenbauer visited Qatar before and after the vote, at the invitation of Mohamed Bin Hammam, the Qatari exco member who has since been banned by Fifa for life following corruption allegations.The Sunday Times reported that in June 2011, Beckenbauer visited Qatar as part of a business delegation for the Hamburg shipping company ER Capital Holding, for which Beckenbauer was an adviser and ambassador. He has since 2012 also been an ambassador for the Association of Russian Gas Producers.

I wonder how he voted.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I think we all knew that they would move the 2022 World Cup to winter and now the FIFA "Think Tank" has confirmed it to be their recommendation, how will it affect the Prem or European Leagues.

This was always going to have to be the case when Blatter decided to give Qatar the tournament.

I also note that the media seems to have lost interest in the rising death toll of migrant workers. The whole sordid business of that award is a disgrace and everyone should just walk away from that world cup.

• Like 2

So basically Qatar won the bid under false pretenses. They, along with the other bidders, bid to stage the World Cup in the summer. Now it is going to be changed to the winter, surely the other countries who were bidding should have the right to stage a winter bid. But of course this will never happen, if it did Blatter and the rest of the sorry crew at FIFA would have to return their bungs.