Thailand: Cold Case Files ?

jaapfries

Hi All,

Through the years, a number of disgusting cases have occurred in Thailand and after a while and a lot of "hot air", these cases just seem to fade-away, which is absurd. I would like to compose a list of these events and then see if somehow some action might be instigated to get (some of) these cases resolved. To start off this list:

1. Nong Air; 12 year old Karen girl burned & scalded - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1zp024ZM04

2. Red-Bull Heir kills policeman - http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/03/world/asia/thailand-redbull/

3. Mercedes Bus-Stop Killer - <Link to Bangkok Post removed>

Please feel free to add cases to this list; I know there are may more, but my memory ain't what it used to be either.

You never know; we may just get some justice, where there appears to be none at this stage.

Thanks,

J.F.

Edited by metisdead
Link to Bangkok Post removed as per forum rules.
  • Like 1

I very much doubt there'll be any justice for any of these crimes you have listed. How about Santika and Honda Girl - just a few others that will never, ever be dealt with properly; because the money has been paid, or the people involved are just too well connected.

I would like to compose a list of these events and then see if somehow some action might be instigated to get (some of) these cases resolved.

[\quote]

as sometimes disgusting / strange as the Thai way of dealing with these cases is... you are not going to change anything, nobody in the Thai system dealing with these cases is interested what you - a foreigner - thinks of their way handling these cases.

Edited by Swiss1960
  • Like 2

Okay I''ll add another,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/454573-lao-girl-cut-in-half-by-fleeing-stolen-porsche-thai-police

Posted 2011-03-25 17:18:01

Laotian girl cut in half by speeding Porsche

Pathum Thani - A 17-year-old Laotian girl was cut in half by a speeding Porsche car when crossed the road here Friday afternoon.

Police quoted a witness as saying that the girl, who was a worker of a foods shop, was crossing the road back from a noodle shop where she bough her lunch when she was hit.

The accident happened at 2:30 pm on the Pathum Thani-Bang Bua Thong Road in front of Parichart Housing Estate in Muang district.

Initially, only the lower half of her body was found in the ditch in the middle of the road.

Later on, her upper half was found on the seat near the driver seat in the car, which was left about 10 kilometres from the scene. It crashed through the windshield and landed on the seat.

Police said the car has been stolen and the driver was fleeing.

The outcome of this was a rich kid in daddy;s porsche. He ran away to Cambodia long enough to pass a blood test, then came back, said "oops" and threw some money at the poor mother. Case dropped.

Okay I''ll add another,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/454573-lao-girl-cut-in-half-by-fleeing-stolen-porsche-thai-police

Posted 2011-03-25 17:18:01

Laotian girl cut in half by speeding Porsche

Pathum Thani - A 17-year-old Laotian girl was cut in half by a speeding Porsche car when crossed the road here Friday afternoon.

Police quoted a witness as saying that the girl, who was a worker of a foods shop, was crossing the road back from a noodle shop where she bough her lunch when she was hit.

The accident happened at 2:30 pm on the Pathum Thani-Bang Bua Thong Road in front of Parichart Housing Estate in Muang district.

Initially, only the lower half of her body was found in the ditch in the middle of the road.

Later on, her upper half was found on the seat near the driver seat in the car, which was left about 10 kilometres from the scene. It crashed through the windshield and landed on the seat.

Police said the car has been stolen and the driver was fleeing.
  • Like 1