THAI reveals newly painted B787-8 Dreamliner in THAI livery

webfact

THAI reveals newly painted B787-8 Dreamliner in THAI livery

THAI1_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) today reveals the first newly painted Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner in THAI livery.

The first THAI Dreamliner to be painted in THAI livery was rolled out today onto the tarmac at Boeing’s Everett Plant in Washington, United States. THAI’s 787-8 Dreamliner is a truly passenger-centered airplane, designed for a significantly better passenger experience – from seat design to material selection, to cushion comfort, legroom, washroom convenience, to dynamic LED lighting, and the 65 percent expanded views from the windows.

This first aircraft has been bestowed the name ONGKHARAK and carries the aircraft registration No. HS-TQA. THAI’s B787-8 aircraft is equipped with the next-generation Rolls-Royce Trent 1000-A engines. The culmination of advanced aerodynamics, and lightweight structures contribute to 20 per cent reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, as well as less “roar” around airport boundaries and airport communities.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/46539/thai-reveals-newly-painted-b787-8-dreamliner-thai-livery

-- eTN 2014-06-04

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the Dreamliner totally safe ??????? after what I saw with the Japanese company ANA I just wonder ..... I also hope TG will have upgraded biz and First , hope the food in both class will be better than the lousy food they serve now and hopefully a total flat bed for biz class and of course the good service those class deserve , not those bored and tired over age flight attendants.... otherwise I will stick to SQ , Emirates , Qatar or Cathay

• Like 1

Is the Dreamliner totally safe ??????? after what I saw with the Japanese company ANA I just wonder ..... I also hope TG will have upgraded biz and First , hope the food in both class will be better than the lousy food they serve now and hopefully a total flat bed for biz class and of course the good service those class deserve , not those bored and tired over age flight attendants.... otherwise I will stick to SQ , Emirates , Qatar or Cathay

Maybe they ordered the version that runs on AA batteries? :D

I'd be looking forward to flying on one and experience the view from the larger windows.

Pity they used money on buying this plane. Many frequent travelers like me will avoid flying it (due to all the current security problems). Just a few years ago, I had never check type of aircraft before entering a flight. I do every time now. Not a chance anyone will make me fly a 787!

The fixes that Boeing made to the battery boxes have seemed to do the trick and they have even been cleared to fly longer distances from land by the FAA than when first launched. I would love a ride on one but unfortunately Thai Air is just too overpriced for the quality of service they provide so perhaps I'll have to wait until I catch another flight on ANA.

• Like 1

Hopefully I will take flight on it chiang mai - bangkok when it is first delivered. Never flown on a screamliner and 400 odd miles might be as far as I want to go on one.

Why would they use such a big plane on a 1-hour domestic flight? That would be commercial suicide.

Hopefully I will take flight on it chiang mai - bangkok when it is first delivered. Never flown on a screamliner and 400 odd miles might be as far as I want to go on one.

Why would they use such a big plane on a 1-hour domestic flight? That would be commercial suicide.

If they were packing it out every trip it wouldn't be. The plane is economical on fuel, that's the point of it.

But of course they won't be; even now they still inconvenience people by cancelling flights that they can't fill, the a-holes.

• Like 1

They are being used in Australia on short haul Domestic flights. If you can fill them up, no dramas.

I've flown Bangkok-Phuket on a Thai 747, if the numbers are there it is more economical to fly more people in one big plane than in separate, smaller ones.

Edited by AleG

I always Used" to fly Thai to & from USA, until prices went way higher than others and they stopped the non-stop service. Now if they were to get fares more inline with other carriers might go back. But something that has annoyed me is how I can buy a ticket from LAX to BKK to LAX much cheaper than BKK-LAX-BKK.

Edited by lockman

Crew orientation. All airlines put new aircraft types onto short trips to get the crew air and ground crews used to them and check that their operating procedures work as expected. Air France put their first A380 on the CDG-LHR route. Advertised heavily and filled them up. BA put their 787 initially on the Stockholm run I believe.

I've flown Bangkok-Phuket on a Thai 747, if the numbers are there it is more economical to fly more people in one big plane than in separate, smaller ones.

I flew Chiang Rai - Bangkok on a 1-2 go (Orient Air) 747 a few years ago. I don't think it was for commercial reasons, I think it was the only aeroplane they had that day that was working!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app