NOK Air gets go ahead for in-flight Wi-Fi

NOK Air gets go ahead for in-flight Wi-Fi

Nok_Air_Boeing_737-800.jpg

pic: stock photo wiki

BANGKOK:-- Budget airline, NOK Air has been given the go ahead by Thailand’s telecom regulators to offer its passengers in-flight voice calls and broadband internet connections.

NOK Air was given the approval following a meeting with the National Broadcasting and Telecoms Commission, with the NBTC’s committee voting in favour of the airline being given a Type 1 operating licence, which would enable the use of an in-flight internet service.

NOK Air is not the only airline to receive approval to offer in-flight Wi-Fi.

Earlier in the year, THAI Airways International became the first airline in Thailand to be granted a license to provide its passengers with Wi-Fi across its fleet of aircraft.

It is also believed that a number of Thailand’s other airlines are about to apply for the Type 1 license.

In May, Thai AirAsia said that it had already been fitting its fleet of Airbus a320 planes with satellite based Wi-Fi in order to increase its appeal to a wider range of passengers, most notably the younger generations who demand constant access to sites such as Facebook, Line and Instagram.

tvn.png
-- 2014-06-04

the only budget airline i use after forgetting all the rest and the day this starts i.m gone, I do not want to sit next to some braindead moron who cant keep their mouth shut for a full flight and the other idiots who take a selfie every 2 minutes...

smart phones = people dumb

Maybe these "brain dead morons" wouldn't want to sit beside Mr.Grumpy? biggrin.png

Better still have Mr. Grumpy flights, and brain dead moron flights.

• Like 1

the only budget airline i use after forgetting all the rest and the day this starts i.m gone, I do not want to sit next to some braindead moron who cant keep their mouth shut for a full flight and the other idiots who take a selfie every 2 minutes...

Maybe these "brain dead morons" wouldn't want to sit beside Mr.Grumpy? biggrin.png

Have you ever flown QANTAS ? wink.png

It's no different than being in any other public place, people will talk on their phones no matter what, how many times have you been on a long haul flight and been able to hear the passenger next to you's headphones? How many passengers take out their laptops and sit there hammering away at their keypads?

Sure it might be considered anti social, but it's the public themselves paying for that privilege to fly.

I often chat to those who sit beside me out of courtesy, ignoring them, or grunting is just downright rude, if they try to strike up a conversation.

Emirates have been incorporating wifi and air to ground communications through their onboard phones for a couple of years now, it's no big deal, I actually don't see many people use the service as it's expensive, and unless this is a free one, then it will be the same.

It's like everyone criticising Ryan air, when there's plenty of other options ;)

I have no problem with internet access on flights, I may even use it myself, but voice calls, aarrgghh.

The last bastion of mobile-free peace, gone sad.png

Hopefully it will be sufficiently expensive to keep the majority off it.

Exactly Crossy, you can guarantee it won't be free!!!

I have no problem with internet access on flights, I may even use it myself, but voice calls, aarrgghh.

The last bastion of mobile-free peace, gone sad.png

Hopefully it will be sufficiently expensive to keep the majority off it.

Looking at it that way, hopefully you are economically better off than the person sitting next to you. Avoid premium economy and any higher class than cattle and you should be fine.

Not really just quiet and comfortable flights with interactive entertainment of films or music in your own seat that dosnt affect the person next to you is fine

Any airline that allows voice calls and invariably will include loud talking of selfish passengers self absorbed in that "all important" call or selfie with friends they must simply take in all manner of languages I am not interested in using.

It will be no different than when all the airlines had expensive phones in the seat backs... this service (I've used it before) is not cheap! The internet connection I used was called Go-Go Inflight and If I remember correctly it cost in the region of $20.00 for the flight (about three usable hours.)

The service couldn't be used below 10,000 feet and was not fast enough to hold a video call on Skype... VoIP was fine though. Given the background noise in the cabin, I couldn't hear anyone's phone calls. The majority of the passengers couldn't be bothered to use the service (it was on Air Canada) and instead opted for the free videos on the screens in front of them.

This will be coming whether you like it or not. The service will get faster and undoubtably cheaper. Whilst I don't relish the idea of having some 16 year old, bubble gum-pop hipster douche bag yacking into their Ipoo for an entire flight, I know there isn't a lot I can do about it as the airlines will view this service as a major revenue stream. It's coming, prepare accordingly! How can you prepare? I find that my Bose earbud headphones work wonders at cancelling out even the worst of the worst noises onboard. Pang maak maak, but in my opinion, worth every penny!

It will be no different than when all the airlines had expensive phones in the seat backs... this service (I've used it before) is not cheap! The internet connection I used was called Go-Go Inflight and If I remember correctly it cost in the region of $20.00 for the flight (about three usable hours.)

The service couldn't be used below 10,000 feet and was not fast enough to hold a video call on Skype... VoIP was fine though. Given the background noise in the cabin, I couldn't hear anyone's phone calls. The majority of the passengers couldn't be bothered to use the service (it was on Air Canada) and instead opted for the free videos on the screens in front of them.

This will be coming whether you like it or not. The service will get faster and undoubtably cheaper. Whilst I don't relish the idea of having some 16 year old, bubble gum-pop hipster douche bag yacking into their Ipoo for an entire flight, I know there isn't a lot I can do about it as the airlines will view this service as a major revenue stream. It's coming, prepare accordingly! How can you prepare? I find that my Bose earbud headphones work wonders at cancelling out even the worst of the worst noises onboard. Pang maak maak, but in my opinion, worth every penny!

Now I see why IATA is bringing in stricter rules for in-flight violence.

"Is there a doctor on board? We urgently need to remove a phone stuffed down someone's throat"!

"Sorry, make that two doctors!"

Please get your Wi-fi at Don Meuang working properly first, Nok-Air. Had signal but would not load any web page in 20 minutes last time I tried in one gate peninsula (I tried up and down its 300 metre length).

Baby steps first!

Where I can book the seat next to Mr. Grumpy. I feel exactly like him and would pay extra to get a seat next to someone who is just normal......

Have you ever flown QANTAS ? wink.png

No but have been a passenger with themthumbsup.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

I'm on the plane.... What?... I AM ON THE PLANE..... WHAT?.....

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was going to post something similar lol, I'm fed up of people getting off the plane into the bus then someone shouting down the phone 'I just got off the plane!' etc. Similar thing on trains & buses.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...