73 taxi drivers arrested in Phuket anti-mafia drive

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It was explained that, of the 287 taxi stands in Phuket, 70 were found to be involved in “mafia” behaviour."

....... Surely another typo - should it not be 270 were found to be involved in “mafia” behaviour?

Let's hope the authorities continue to keep up the good work - no mention of Patong though!!!

Thanks Army in charge. PTP and the police were too incompetent. Some moan about you being in power, but at least you're real men, and tossed out the Chinawatra fiefdom. Gettin' er done! Also comical you silenced a lot of guys on this forum who are rockin' bar girls and epitomize the Shinawatras, haha.

• Like 2

The truth is - when the rot is at the very top of the pile as in the Thaksin government - the law and enforcement become unimportant, only power money and greed prevail orchestrated by the biggest power hungry - greedy - corrupt official Thailand has ever known in recent history

The General could easily have taken over that roll but it seems he is a different man entirely, I hope he maintains his integrity and his position until the rot is completely removed from this land - it does seem to be a possibility

• Like 1

Quietly hopeful, but, not yet 100% convinced.

It looks like the start of a massive cleanup, that will take time. Almost nowhere in this world I'd be 100% convinced of actions with the best intentions, so for me Thailand would be no different in that aspect.

Compliments to the Thai army, this will make a difference and will be remembered.

I wonder what the penalty will be? If its just another slap on the wrist whats the point?

Some of this trash will face 10 years in prison for their thuggery

How can you be sure they gonna do many years? I certainly hope you are right though.

I wonder what the penalty will be? If its just another slap on the wrist whats the point?

Some of this trash will face 10 years in prison for their thuggery

How can you be sure they gonna do many years? I certainly hope you are right though.

No one knows for long long they are going away, but lets hope the General is right.

>>“Some of them face up to 10 years in jail,” Gen Paween told the Gazette.